PDA

View Full Version : Silly, I know, but...Yellows for FedEx

SylvanTrails
09-27-2017, 06:31 AM
I was expecting a package from FedEx yesterday. Didn't come, didn't come, went to bed with no package. :(

This morning, I check email and "Package delivered". Wait, what?! Someone was here essentially ALL DAY and...nope, no package in the house. None on the porch (everyone always leaves packages on our porch).

So, I go on a hunting expedition. Before 7:30am. To find the stupid package before I go complain to FedEx about "where is my package?".

Finally find the package...in the mailbox.

Um...FedEx, you are NOT the USPS. You do NOT have permission to leave stuff in the mailbox. That is federal property that only US Mail can be left in (not shipped FedEx SurePost...or whatever FedEx calls it, definitely shipped FedEx).

Also, did I mention that someone was here all day (except for the 15 minutes I took younger son to class and the 15 minutes I picked him up)? You could have easily driven down and dropped it off with us...LIKE YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO DO! Also, leaving the package after 9pm (I'm 99% sure I checked my email before I went to bed and, no notice then)...bad form!

So, green lights for a package delivered safely, but yellows for NOT DOING IT PROPERLY! (and giving me a bit of a heart attack since I didn't know where it was.)

(Yes, I know, it's silly!)

Beethovens7th
09-27-2017, 06:46 AM
Hubby and i understand your frustration and you sound just like him. :yes...However, SurePost is a contract of UPS with the USPS. :)

emt8134
09-27-2017, 07:01 AM
Hate Fed ex. Every time I get a horse off eBay and the seller doesn't disclose they ship Fed ex only I give them nasty feedback. Fed ex won't deliver here 4.5 miles outside of Lexington so I have to drive to South Lexington to get my horse. Average ship time is TEN days, because you can watch a horse going from say Florida to KY bounce up to Indianapolis, to Minnesota, back to TN over to Iowa and back to KY. Worst. Service. Ever. Of all time. Off my soapbox now..

dashesndots
09-27-2017, 07:15 AM
I also dislike FedEx (and I hate when it's the only shipping option...I vastly prefer USPS and UPS). They have been better lately, but when we first moved into our house 6 years ago they couldn't get it right and would deliver to our neighbors every. single. time. And then one time they didn't even do that - I still have no idea what happened to that one package as it never showed up anywhere (had to get a refund from Amazon).

curlinfan
09-27-2017, 07:45 AM
Another Central KY resident who hates FedEx. I will not use them to ship anything and, on the rare occasion I buy something online, I always check shipping methods, if the seller or business uses FedEx I will not buy from them.

amorrison50
09-27-2017, 08:03 AM
Hate FedEx. When we lived in town they would just randomly leave packages around the neighborhood, or say they couldn't find the address (though they could have asked at any of a number of businesses who surrounded us), and when I called the office they come from an hour away to ask if they could make a note about where we live they said there's no point, they change the drivers out in two weeks to a new batch (still from an hour away with no knowledge of our town) who wouldn't know anyway.

Oh, plus the time they couldn't track a multi-million dollar grant proposal sent by our office in the days before electronic submission and their only response was "I'm sure it's fine". Um, no, if it's late we miss the deadline. But hey, what's a few million bucks?

MonsterHorse
09-27-2017, 08:25 AM
I have never ever received a person package on time from FedEx. FedEx delivers just fine when it comes work orders though...

SylvanTrails
09-27-2017, 08:32 AM
Hubby and i understand your frustration and you sound just like him. :yes...However, SurePost is a contract of UPS with the USPS. :)

I know, but FedEx has something similar, but I can't remember the name off the top of my head. ;)

amorrison50
09-27-2017, 08:39 AM
I know, but FedEx has something similar, but I can't remember the name off the top of my head. ;)

Smartpost is FedEx.

Beethovens7th
09-27-2017, 08:39 AM

Oh i didn't know that. :)

PineRidgeStables
09-27-2017, 09:35 AM
Add me to the list of those who hate FedEx! Two years ago I ordered a new laptop. My previous laptop was 100% dead and I desperately needed a replacement so I could work on midterm papers/projects. And of course, because I needed it RIGHT NOW, everything that could go wrong did go wrong. First, the company I ordered it from postponed the shipping date multiple times, to the point where I had to sign a waiver that essentially said "it's okay, I'm not going to sue you for how long this is taking." When it finally did ship, it got handed off to FedEx, because that was the only carrier they offered. Oh. My. Gosh. They took the slowest, stupidest, most roundabout route getting that computer to me. Between the delays and the slow shipping, I ended up waiting about two months for it to arrive. Given some of the other stories on this thread, though, I suppose I should be glad it arrived at all. :uh

FourWindsFarm
09-27-2017, 10:16 AM
Also hate FedEx. They can't ever find our house, and leave our packages at random addresses. Once it was four houses up the street. Once it was across the street. Once it was in a neighboring town. They leave the library's packages at the house next door.... because it takes a genius to figure out which is a house and which is a PUBLIC LIBRARY with a big sign! Gah!

And we'll get other people's packages and then have to go hunt them down. Plus nothing ever arrives on time. My 'overnight delivery' ipad took 5 days.

I have cancelled orders on numerous occasions and ordered elsewhere if FedEx is the only shipping option.

JamieD
09-27-2017, 05:29 PM
I'll join the hate FedEx band wagon.

I watched a FedEx driver throw my package at the end of our plowed out driveway one winter day. :gaah

He had to drive on snowy roads...so why he couldn't drive up our driveway is beyond me.

Glad that I saw him other wise someone could have just picked that package up. UGH!

JamieD

VWK'sanEasyGoer
09-27-2017, 05:47 PM
I have never ever received a person package on time from FedEx. FedEx delivers just fine when it comes work orders though...

I'm not discrediting anything posted here at all but I ship pretty much exclusively with FedEx for our companies USA shipments and 99% of the shipments have been perfect. BUT!!!! We always ship fully insured value (sometimes VERY expensive) and choose the 2 business day International Economy service, if not the overnight Priority so it's megga bucks. Megga. And not residential only business addresses. I suspect this may factor into it. So top dollar and it get there without a hitch.

I have used pretty much every courier service over the years with shipping. They all have epicly failed at one time or the other. This will also appy to freight transport companies too. Don't even get me started on that (example "We Can't find the 35' 500lbs steel tube that we say was shipped to France but never got on the boat") I think I may have a permanent bruise on my forehead from banging it off the desk. :headbeat

FourWindsFarm
09-28-2017, 04:22 PM
How timely....

FedEx just dumped a big book order (about 450 pounds of books) on the neighbor's porch rather than the library. So now I have to go over and carry them all back after work. Grrrr......

What does one do when FedEx swears our library address does not exist?? Nobody else has a problem with it, but they say it's wrong so they won't deliver here.

VWK'sanEasyGoer
09-28-2017, 05:50 PM
How timely....

FedEx just dumped a big book order (about 450 pounds of books) on the neighbor's porch rather than the library. So now I have to go over and carry them all back after work. Grrrr......

What does one do when FedEx swears our library address does not exist?? Nobody else has a problem with it, but they say it's wrong so they won't deliver here.

Good greif :doh I would suggest whoever has the FedEx account (is paying the bill) call their customer service and strongly express their displeasure over this issue. I've gone to the mat with their CS a number of times at their financial loss (ie discounted charges for their screw ups).

ICSpots
09-28-2017, 05:55 PM
How timely....

ARGH!! :tantrum We had trouble with FedEx not wanting to drive up our dirt, but town, road to deliver during the winter - hey, the SCHOOL BUS comes up our road. If they can make it, so can you, FedEx driver. They have since changed their tune but I still don't trust them - I think they like delivering in the cities but frown on rural deliveries.

FourWindsFarm
09-28-2017, 06:58 PM
Good greif :doh I would suggest whoever has the FedEx account (is paying the bill) call their customer service and strongly express their displeasure over this issue. I've gone to the mat with their CS a number of times at their financial loss (ie discounted charges for their screw ups).

We've called, our book supplier has called, they swear that our library street address 'is not a valid address'. Well, it is, and nobody else has issues with it but FedEx! It's right in the middle of town for pete's sake. It's not like it's 10 miles down a dirt road or anything....

VWK'sanEasyGoer
09-28-2017, 09:21 PM
We've called, our book supplier has called, they swear that our library street address 'is not a valid address'. Well, it is, and nobody else has issues with it but FedEx! It's right in the middle of town for pete's sake. It's not like it's 10 miles down a dirt road or anything....

:hugg How ridiculous. :hugg

isalrae
09-28-2017, 10:02 PM
I can join this hatewagon :lol Fedex is awful for deliveries out to my mom's farm (where I used to live). For one, they WILL use the mailbox even though they are absolutely not allowed, and say it's been delivered on the front porch. So we can't find it obviously because it's at the end of the half mile long driveway in the mailbox. Too lazy to come down the driveway, I guess.

But the most appalling thing that ever happened that my mom got to watch from the bay window in the house was the Fedex driver screeching to a halt in front of the house, jumping out, IMPALING a box on an antique water pump in the front yard - literally impaling it, I'm talking head on a stake kind of impaling and making a big hole - leaving it hanging on the pump, jumping back in his truck, and driving away so fast he left awful skid marks. It would have taken him like 15 more steps to make it up to the porch and leave it there like the USPS and UPS guys do. Nope, had to skewer it! Luckily, all that was inside of the box was shoes, but it could have easily damaged the contents.

My mom made a big fuss about it on their Facebook page after calling customer service lead no where. That got them into action, but all they did was have that delivery driver call her and explain why he chose to impale it. He said he didn't want the dog to get at it... the dog was in the house and is the sweetest pup to all the delivery drivers even when she's out (she even jumped into the truck with the UPS driver once, whoops! I guess she wanted to go home with them :D ). I don't consider that a very good excuse anyways, you do not jam a box onto someone's lawn ornament, you just don't!

FourWindsFarm
10-03-2017, 08:43 PM
Oooh, ooooh, I've got another one.

Husband came home today to a box sitting in the middle of the sidewalk. People have to walk around it. He rolls his eyes and schleps it inside. It's addressed to someone in a town 15 miles away.... there is nothing remotely similar in the name, address, or zip code of that recipient to our address... Tonight at a meeting, our neighbor sat down next to us and mentions the box. He asked if what was inside was ok, because he said the FedEx truck pulls over, tosses the box out the back door, and drives off. So apparently, it's easier to jettison someone's package at some random address in the wrong town than to actually deliver it.

FedEx customer service has been called. Driver's behavior as seen by neighbor was reported. AND THEY HAD THE GALL TO ASK IF WE COULD JUST TAKE IT TO THE RECIPIENT rather than have FedEx come pick it up. We have done so in the past as FedEx deliveries tend to be random in town, with people carrying boxes walking around in the evening delivering to the correct house and hunting for their packages, but this is 15 miles away, and in the wrong direction from where we drive for work. Or we could take it to a shipping center 27 miles away.

We tracked down the phone number for the recipient (gotta love rural communities where somebody knows who might know how to get hold of someone else), and he coming by to pick it up in the morning, since it's perishable and if it goes back into the system, it will be another week before it gets to him. He was frantically looking for it because it was marked 'delivered' in the system.

Good lord. I am appalled. Gonna go find some wine or something. :1hammer

VWK'sanEasyGoer
10-03-2017, 08:59 PM
Oh my gosh! That's just....arrgghh! Crazy! I would be so so upset! This is unacceptable.

Yesterday we overnighted something and it was delivered this morning. I am so dumbfounded by what happened to you. Boo FedEx.

curlinfan
10-03-2017, 09:02 PM
Oh, good Lord. That is beyond ridiculous. If they had asked me to deliver it I would have told them "I charge $25 per hour plus gas for my car. Where do I send the bill?" I hope you're posting this story all over social media.

amorrison50
10-04-2017, 08:13 AM
Oh yeah, I'd have totally quoted them a price and asked politely and professionally "And how will you be paying for that today?"

FourWindsFarm
10-04-2017, 10:35 AM
I have a gun case for a model arriving by FedEx on Monday. Any bets as to whose house they leave it at?

I am slightly miffed because when I checked out online, it said they shipped UPS. *grumble*

fabala
10-04-2017, 02:48 PM
Oooh, ooooh, I've got another one.

Husband came home today to a box sitting in the middle of the sidewalk. People have to walk around it. He rolls his eyes and schleps it inside. It's addressed to someone in a town 15 miles away.... there is nothing remotely similar in the name, address, or zip code of that recipient to our address... Tonight at a meeting, our neighbor sat down next to us and mentions the box. He asked if what was inside was ok, because he said the FedEx truck pulls over, tosses the box out the back door, and drives off. So apparently, it's easier to jettison someone's package at some random address in the wrong town than to actually deliver it.

FedEx customer service has been called. Driver's behavior as seen by neighbor was reported. AND THEY HAD THE GALL TO ASK IF WE COULD JUST TAKE IT TO THE RECIPIENT rather than have FedEx come pick it up. We have done so in the past as FedEx deliveries tend to be random in town, with people carrying boxes walking around in the evening delivering to the correct house and hunting for their packages, but this is 15 miles away, and in the wrong direction from where we drive for work. Or we could take it to a shipping center 27 miles away.

We tracked down the phone number for the recipient (gotta love rural communities where somebody knows who might know how to get hold of someone else), and he coming by to pick it up in the morning, since it's perishable and if it goes back into the system, it will be another week before it gets to him. He was frantically looking for it because it was marked 'delivered' in the system.

Good lord. I am appalled. Gonna go find some wine or something. :1hammer

Was this a Blue Apron (subscription food service) box by any chance? We get deliveries from them every week, shipped through FedEx, and last week's box never showed up. Not sure if FedEx lost it or what, and if they find it and deliver it now we'd have to toss it, grr. That's never happened before, so we were miffed at FedEx last week because I was really looking forward to one of the recipes. Never get between a 37-weeks-pregnant woman and her food!

Princesstriage
10-04-2017, 02:59 PM
When we had Koi, I think it was FedEx that was supposed to be carrying a box from the shipper to us. Live freight...kind of can't stay in the box for stupid amounts of time. Somehow they just got left on a runway somewhere.... Erm what!? They were paid for OVERNIGHT delivery... what do you mean they missed their flight!? What are you going to DO about it... they only have so much oxygen in the water.... even with the tablets that can be dropped in.

"Well it's not our fault.... delivery is not guaranteed"

What do you MEAN it's not guaranteed.... it's OVERNIGHT DELIVERY!!! I can understand if a weather anomaly grounded the plane... and I can understand sometimes a 2-day delivery gets pushed back for other things... but how do you mess up OVERNIGHT DELIVERY on a box stamped LIVE ANIMALS. I do believe we ended with it's not our problem but we'll get them to you ASAP... good luck? Some how those poor fish managed to show up none the worse for their extra day in shipping box.

isalrae
10-04-2017, 03:18 PM
Ugh, that sucks! I recently had a fish delivered for the first time, and while it made it to my post office in time for pick up, I went bright and early in the morning to get it and they said they never saw a live fish box (even though it was stamped on ALL sides of the box) and that it must be on the truck already. My postman usually comes around 3:00PM which is a lot of time for a fish to sit in a box in a moving truck when it's already been in that bag for two days since it was shipped. And what made matters worse is that the postman that day was new and was over two hours late and arrived past 5:00PM! When they finally got here and handed me my box they just said "Hope your fish survived" and walked off like it was some casual comment. Um yeah?? I hope it did too, geez! That was USPS though, not Fedex, and luckily the fish did survive just fine.

RRStudios
10-04-2017, 07:22 PM
As an RCA (Rural Carrier Associate) who just started working for USPS not long ago, I can tell you that there is a LOT thrown at you in the beginning, and until you learn your route and your case you WILL be slower than normal. It takes me 4-5 hours to leave the office because there is so much mail and sorting it takes so long when you don't have everything memorized. That being said, if I saw I had a live animal parcel, I would probably ask the supervisor to call the customer and explain the situation (giving them the option to come and pick it up rather than waiting for me to deliver it).

It's a stressful job though. Trying to get everything right, and get everything DONE, is next to impossible. I'm totally drained at the end of the day, just from the mental fatigue and from working a 12 hour day with only a 15 minute break to eat a sandwich (because I literally don't have time to take more breaks than that because the days are so long to begin with). There's no excuse for a lot of the things mentioned in this thread (like dropping something off at a random address because you don't know where it's supposed to go, nope, I would get fired for that, not okay), but I did want to mention that these jobs aren't easy and these postal/UPS/FedEx workers have a lot on their plate.

isalrae
10-04-2017, 07:50 PM
I have a friend who delivers for USPS so I know it's super stressful at first, he hated it and wanted to quit for a while but he's still doing it I'm pretty sure. It was just unfortunate that the same day I had a live animal box was also that person's first day and resulted in a late delivery. Just an unlucky combination. I don't blame them for the lateness (though I was a little miffed by their casual comment, but I was already kind of worried I was going to have to return a dead fish that I wouldn't be able to get an exact replacement for since it had a unique pattern, so I probably was more bothered by it than I usually would have been). I was also a little bothered that they didn't hold the box at the post office like I thought they would, I drove out there minutes after they opened that morning but it was already gone. In the end though it all worked out.

That being said, USPS has always been my favorite for packages. UPS is consistently late for me and Fedex is, well, everything this thread has been describing. I always ship USPS and thus far nothing has ever gotten lost (did have something returned to me once that looked like it got run over by a truck or something, had the postage purposefully ripped off, box loosely retaped, and someone wrote "needs postage" on it as if the postage was never there. The post office employee I went to about this was the one who processed the box originally so he knew it had postage on it when sent so I was refunded and it made it to its destination the second time around). For the most part, it's very reliable and I send out so many boxes, the post office desk clerk knows me by name and my package preferences by heart. :lol

Princesstriage
10-04-2017, 07:57 PM
See, I think if someone would have come to us with a look our carrier oopsed and it's here if there's any chance you can come get it so it doesn't sit here due to the nature of the package and people are people it would be forgivable.

However, I do believe, the poor fish got left on the runway where they were shipping from and driving to go get them was not an option in our case. Then there was the way it was handled by the customer service agent(s) that were spoken too when they were called to figure out what was going on when they didn't show up. The 'not our problem' attitude that was exuded was not acceptable, your company is responsible for the shipment because your company accepted the shipment...presumably knowing what was in the box.

RRStudios
10-04-2017, 08:39 PM
I have a friend who delivers for USPS so I know it's super stressful at first, he hated it and wanted to quit for a while but he's still doing it I'm pretty sure. It was just unfortunate that the same day I had a live animal box was also that person's first day and resulted in a late delivery. Just an unlucky combination. I don't blame them for the lateness (though I was a little miffed by their casual comment, but I was already kind of worried I was going to have to return a dead fish that I wouldn't be able to get an exact replacement for since it had a unique pattern, so I probably was more bothered by it than I usually would have been). I was also a little bothered that they didn't hold the box at the post office like I thought they would, I drove out there minutes after they opened that morning but it was already gone. In the end though it all worked out.

That being said, USPS has always been my favorite for packages. UPS is consistently late for me and Fedex is, well, everything this thread has been describing. I always ship USPS and thus far nothing has ever gotten lost (did have something returned to me once that looked like it got run over by a truck or something, had the postage purposefully ripped off, box loosely retaped, and someone wrote "needs postage" on it as if the postage was never there. The post office employee I went to about this was the one who processed the box originally so he knew it had postage on it when sent so I was refunded and it made it to its destination the second time around). For the most part, it's very reliable and I send out so many boxes, the post office desk clerk knows me by name and my package preferences by heart. :lol

:lol Yup, that's where I'm at right now, I hate it and I want to quit but I know I have to stick with it for a few months at least. Winter's coming, though, so things are going to be even worse once the roads are snow-covered (plus more mail volume, yay! Not...). Actually if he was only 2 hours late on his first day, he was doing pretty good! I'm glad your fish survived though.

They know me by name at the counter too, at the main post office I usually go to. I won't go to the one in the nearest town to me, because the employees are total dicks and I spend a lot of money there, I want good customer service. So I go a little farther out of my way to get good service, and it's always pleasant. I'm in there at least once a week if not more, so they like me there. :D

isalrae
10-04-2017, 08:48 PM
I hope it goes well for you, always have to give at least 3 months at a new place before deciding to throw in the towel :) When I lived rurally I loved our RCA because he'd bring up all our mail if we got a box instead of just the box, and even became comfortable enough to set the stuff inside our entryway in the house if it was rainy/snowy outside (the door is always unlocked there, it's that rural). We gave him a nice bit of cash and a card at Christmas every year in thanks. I'm sure it'll get better for you as time goes!

FourWindsFarm
10-04-2017, 10:21 PM
Was this a Blue Apron (subscription food service) box by any chance? We get deliveries from them every week, shipped through FedEx, and last week's box never showed up. Not sure if FedEx lost it or what, and if they find it and deliver it now we'd have to toss it, grr. That's never happened before, so we were miffed at FedEx last week because I was really looking forward to one of the recipes. Never get between a 37-weeks-pregnant woman and her food!

No, it was for some nuts, citrus fruit, and chocolates.

FourWindsFarm
10-04-2017, 10:27 PM
I have utmost respect for delivery and shipping employees. I understand things happen. But there is a big difference between a sime mistake and things out of that person's control, and repeated mistakes in delivery, throwing packages, rudeness, etc. I love our post office ladies and our regular UPS folks. They work their butts off and do a great job.

FourWindsFarm
10-07-2017, 09:22 AM
Success! My model's gun case arrived safely by FedEx to the right house! He left it out in the rain, but I consider it a win!

1 correct delivery! It's a start!

Eviejean
10-07-2017, 03:53 PM
Success! My model's gun case arrived safely by FedEx to the right house! He left it out in the rain, but I consider it a win!

1 correct delivery! It's a start!

Isn't that a shame we have to be happy your package got left out in the rain?? :sigh Like you said, at least it was delivered to the right house! :clap