PDA

View Full Version : Date stamps on posts

Faracat
10-10-2018, 08:42 AM
Is it possible to change these to day/month/year as the month/day/year format confuses me on a regular basis? I am able to change it on other forums I am on, but even going through the 'general settings' page I haven't found an option to choose how the date stamps are displayed on Blab.

ChrisDow
10-13-2018, 10:28 AM
I agree. That would be cool. It's not the biggest of deals, but when you get used to one system, it's somewhat annoying to be confused by another. lol

BearsnBugs
10-14-2018, 09:32 AM
Hmmm. I don't see the option, but will flag for Mary to see if she can look into this.

Faracat
10-14-2018, 10:27 AM
Thanks for looking B&B. :) It's not the end of the world if it's not an option, but if it is an option, I'll definitely change it over.

DooWiki
10-14-2018, 12:44 PM
Well, at least 12 days out of the year is correct: 1-1, 2-2, 3-3..... :toothy

Faracat
10-14-2018, 01:03 PM
LOL! So true. ;)

Mary
10-25-2018, 11:58 AM
I've looked as well, and it doesn't look as if that is an option. And that's interesting because for there were some years that several of the principal designers of this software were located in the UK! I would have thought that would be something they would add, but maybe it didn't make the cut for investing resources.

When I was working in an international division I had to learn to look twice at all dates for that very reason. :grin Sorry about that, I know it can be annoying! :yes

Faracat
10-25-2018, 12:12 PM
Thanks for looking. :)

Janice
10-28-2018, 07:18 AM
Is it possible to change these to day/month/year as the month/day/year format confuses me on a regular basis? I am able to change it on other forums I am on, but even going through the 'general settings' page I haven't found an option to choose how the date stamps are displayed on Blab.

Australians also do day/month/year and I find it confusing too - especially when it's a date that could be either way around, ie. neither of the numbers are above 12. I think I usually check any dates I can see on the page to find out where they have an "above 12" number and that shows me the sequence to follow. ; -)