PDA

View Full Version : Artists' Latest Works.....

Equarius Studios
08-17-2005, 09:03 PM
I'm glad that everyone seems to like it when artists post photos ... maybe the mods can create a special place where artists can post newly-finished commissions and sales pieces? Or does this suffice? It would sure be easier than wandering endless websites looking for eye candy!

I think it would be a great idea to have an area for artists to showcase their more recent projects. I personally love to see what everyone is up to, and having an area for such things is far easier than wading through personal webpages and yahoo groups.

Thoughts anyone?

BettyBarBandit
08-17-2005, 09:11 PM
I think it's a fantastic idea!!

Dragon-Ridge
08-17-2005, 09:33 PM
Sounds good to me! :thumbsup

jennifersimagination
08-17-2005, 09:40 PM
I think it would be a really awesome section... and could bea very useful tool for anyone wanting to get the skinny on new pieces or talent reather than relying on a million different groups or hours of website searching. Good idea! :thumbsup

Ponypainter
08-17-2005, 10:09 PM
I think it's a great idea! Can we make a new "section" for it, so we don't clog anything else up? :D

Tracy

Appy38
08-17-2005, 10:26 PM
:thumbsup

triplebdesigns
08-18-2005, 11:57 AM
I'm all for that!!

MarthaBechtel
08-18-2005, 12:12 PM
I would definately use that section! I've got a bunch of horses that I was going to try and list this weekend and I was hoping to get opinions on them first. I just felt wrong with the idea of posting 9 'look at me!' threads in order to get reviews. ^_^;;

ryllina
08-18-2005, 01:54 PM
Why can't Artist's Announcements be used for this stuff? :)

MarthaBechtel
08-18-2005, 02:21 PM
Why can't Artist's Announcements be used for this stuff? :)
I was thinking it was more of a Gallery thing than a Forum thing... but I may not have been reading the thread right. :embarras:

Janis
08-18-2005, 02:23 PM
I would use it. Absolutely. I almost would prefer it to be a forum, though i'm not sure why. Maybe a gallery section would work. I feel like a new works forum would get more traffic, so to speak. I feel like i'm the only one who browses the new postings in the gallery on a regular basis.

Oh, and this is in a WHISPER and totally off this topic: When is the next blab photo show? whisper whisper whisper

Griffin
08-18-2005, 03:09 PM
Oh, and this is in a WHISPER and totally off this topic: When is the next blab photo show? whisper whisper whisperhttp://www.modelhorseblab.com/forums/images/smilies/lol.gif No definate plans right now, since we were hoping to get Gallery issues for some people worked out so they could enter if they wished. http://www.modelhorseblab.com/forums/images/smilies/photos.gif

~~Griffin~~

Equarius Studios
08-18-2005, 09:05 PM
I would use it. Absolutely. I almost would prefer it to be a forum, though i'm not sure why. Maybe a gallery section would work. I feel like a new works forum would get more traffic, so to speak. I feel like i'm the only one who browses the new postings in the gallery on a regular basis.

Oh, and this is in a WHISPER and totally off this topic: When is the next blab photo show? whisper whisper whisper

A bunch of people, myself included, cannot upload to the gallery for whatever reason. I noticed a couple threads got moved from the photos forum to the artists announcements forum....is this a hint? Maybe a subcategory in Artists Annoucements would help organize the latest works for easy viewing?

shandi
08-22-2005, 08:54 PM
how about a "Fantasy customs" forum under the new catagory :)

mumtaz
08-22-2005, 09:15 PM
http://www.modelhorseblab.com/forums/images/smilies/lol.gif No definate plans right now, since we were hoping to get Gallery issues for some people worked out so they could enter if they wished. http://www.modelhorseblab.com/forums/images/smilies/photos.gif

~~Griffin~~

I volunteer to judge OF Halter if it will help get plans off the ground for another show. :D

mumtaz
08-22-2005, 09:17 PM
Maybe a subcategory in Artists Annoucements would help organize the latest works for easy viewing?

I think that's a good idea. I would for sure use the forum. :)