PDA

View Full Version : Thread won't load

Wolfbat
05-10-2021, 11:17 AM
So I'm a paid member so I should have access to all forum posts, thing is, I tried reading the most recent post in the Real Equine board and when the loading bar reaches halfway, everything disappears from the screen leaving just the background color. I've tried exiting the site and reloading it but that didn't work. Plus certain topics take way longer to load than topics that have way more posts and it's a consistent time on those topics. I've scanned my device and there was nothing infecting it either. I'm not sure what's going on here or if anyone else is experiencing this issue.

isalrae
05-10-2021, 11:37 AM
Same here. It is specifically the Medina Spirit post. I posted on it this morning just fine, and there was one more reply after that and I can no longer reach it. It just does the blue background color like you mentioned - so it's not just you!

Sandy A.
05-10-2021, 11:46 AM
I get the blue background for the Medina Spirit thread as welll... I have tried loading it on different devices and different web browsers with the same results...

Silverfang07
05-10-2021, 11:49 AM
I cant seem to upload photos- button doesn't pop up anything on my phone. :dunno Gonna see if the thread is broken too.
Edit: yep, broken.

JRT Mom
05-10-2021, 12:40 PM
Was it getting controversial? I hadn't read any of it. Maybe it was getting out of hand and was stopped.

I don't know.....

Sandy A.
05-10-2021, 12:49 PM
Was it getting controversial? I hadn't read any of it. Maybe it was getting out of hand and was stopped.

I don't know.....

Last I read, it wasn't controversial... and usually if a thread is stopped, it is locked first...

fabala
05-10-2021, 02:10 PM
I also am not able to look at that thread properly - I can see a flash of the first and second posts in it before the whole screen turns blue. If I hit refresh and then stop fast enough, I can at least view the first 9 posts in the thread, but the rest of the page doesn't finish loading.

VWK'sanEasyGoer
05-10-2021, 03:01 PM
I tried too this morning and same thing - a second of seeing the thread then a blue screen. :dunno

Ghost_Wolf_Ranch
05-10-2021, 03:01 PM
Doesn't work for me, either.

SeaWatch
05-10-2021, 03:02 PM
Same thing here, too. :( I tried it using Chome, as well as Firefox, and had the same issue with both browsers.

VWK'sanEasyGoer
05-10-2021, 07:05 PM
It's too bad because I enjoy reading what the horse racing enthusiast's on here think of this. I wanted to read the thread. I just read an article in my news feed about this situation too.

Lemmons SS
05-10-2021, 08:56 PM
Thank you guys. We'll see what's going on.

Lemmons SS
05-11-2021, 08:06 AM
Ok, let's start a new thread for that discussion. Mahi says it was probably a server blip when the thread was started and will be complicated to correct. Thank you!

freakofnature
05-20-2021, 11:56 PM
This is happening with my Project 365 thread now! :cry The last page of the thread won't load; I just get a blue screen. Is this fixable or should I start a new thread?

CcOxidase
05-21-2021, 08:25 AM
Yes, I only see a blue screen for the last page of the Project 365 thread, too. And it's my current favorite thread. :sad

Lemmons SS
05-21-2021, 08:26 AM
Thank you, ladies. I'll see what's going on!

Eviejean
05-21-2021, 09:28 AM
This is happening with my Project 365 thread now! :cry The last page of the thread won't load; I just get a blue screen. Is this fixable or should I start a new thread?

Yes, I only see a blue screen for the last page of the Project 365 thread, too. And it's my current favorite thread. :sad

I'm getting the same blue screen.
Up until today, I never had any issues with the Project 365 thread.
(The blue screen did happen with the Medina Spirit thread.)

VWK'sanEasyGoer
05-21-2021, 04:48 PM
Crap!!! I just went to upload my picture :(

VWK'sanEasyGoer
05-21-2021, 04:56 PM
I don't know if it's related or not but this thread has some strange uploads in it that use code to pick and combine random pics,and is very slow to load.

General Off Topic Oh...oh no lo

I wonder if it's somehow corrupted other aspects of Blab :dunno

Lupineleigh
05-21-2021, 08:07 PM
I had to stop loading the 365 Day page and go to Modelhorseblab.com and go to the forums manually to get back on. Even this page took a while to load so I assume it’s something going on with the server?

NJHeart2Heart
05-21-2021, 08:44 PM
So I'm a paid member so I should have access to all forum posts, thing is, I tried reading the most recent post in the Real Equine board and when the loading bar reaches halfway, everything disappears from the screen leaving just the background color. I've tried exiting the site and reloading it but that didn't work. Plus certain topics take way longer to load than topics that have way more posts and it's a consistent time on those topics. I've scanned my device and there was nothing infecting it either. I'm not sure what's going on here or if anyone else is experiencing this issue.

Today's the 21st and I'm getting the same blue blank screen. For me it's on the 365 Days of horses thread in The Arena.

Any explanations/ solutions?

NJHeart2Heart
05-21-2021, 08:50 PM

Today's the 21st and I'm getting the same blue blank screen. For me it's on the 365 Days of horses thread in The Arena.

Any explanations/ solutions?

VWK'sanEasyGoer
05-22-2021, 01:23 AM
I had to stop loading the 365 Day page and go to Modelhorseblab.com and go to the forums manually to get back on. Even this page took a while to load so I assume it’s something going on with the server?

I tried this and it just takes me to the blue screen. :sad

I know it's silly but I will be very sad if this thread is caputs permanently.

freakofnature
05-22-2021, 05:40 AM
I went ahead and made another Project 365 thread. :)

VWK'sanEasyGoer
05-22-2021, 01:46 PM
I went ahead and made another Project 365 thread. :)

Well that's proactive thinking :D

Now to go post yesterday's pic

Lupineleigh
05-23-2021, 12:36 PM
I hope it wasnít me who ruined the 365 thread trying to paste the lyrics to Spider Pig and alter them to Spider Foal. Thatís when the thread stopped working for me. I didnít think Metrolyrics was a bad website. It wasnít even a link. It was just copy and paste words. :(

NJHeart2Heart
05-23-2021, 01:48 PM
Nah.. I'm thinking more likely all the photos probably overloaded the thread. Hopefully our guru (forgot her name :) ) can at least fix it so you can view the original thread, even if it's read only.

Ghost_Wolf_Ranch
05-23-2021, 02:00 PM
Except the Medina Spirit DQ thread also had the same problem, and it didn't have photos at all IIRC.

Eviejean
05-23-2021, 07:29 PM
Except the Medina Spirit DQ thread also had the same problem, and it didn't have photos at all IIRC.
Yeah, two different threads...that's worrisome

Lemmons SS
05-24-2021, 05:37 PM
This from Mary:
"The server blips for a fraction of a second, just as someone is posting. It is catching that post just in a fractional instant. That's why it has only caught the two so far.

We have had excellent server performance since we switched host companies, years ago. This is unusual. I am inquiring with the host if there is anything we need to do to try to prevent these events.

There is some technical background that is too dense . We will just see if the host has suggestions or adjustments we can make.
The server blips for a fraction of a second, just as someone is posting. It is catching that post just in a fractional instant. That's why it has only caught the two so far.

We have had excellent server performance since we switched host companies, years ago. This is unusual. I am inquiring with the host if there is anything we need to do to try to prevent these events.

Thanks,
E