PDA

View Full Version : New Friesian Sporthorse Stallion

Sunshine
08-24-2004, 11:37 AM
Yesterday, I took the ASB prototypes to the lady who is helping me with live models. She also has Friesian sporthorses and is breeding, training and showing them as well. Her young mare is going to be in the top five dressage horses in the nation this year. She is breeding to some top quality Friesian stallions, one of which I was really taken with. His name is Goffert (pronounced Hoffert), owned by Iron Spring Farm (the Campbell Soup people). I found some really good photos of him in an extended trot with a dressage rider up. I have wanted to do a warmblood in a dressage pose and a beautiful Friesian intrigues me. Is there enough interest to do a one mold run of a Friesian in this pose? If so, I will put up some photos of this guy.

Debbi :)

Magnolia Ice
08-24-2004, 11:57 AM
I'll Take one!!! :cheer :woohoo :pray

SMichaud
08-24-2004, 12:49 PM
Oh Gosh Debbi YES! I must say I think there is a lack of WELL done ones out there.

The only trouble with Friesians is if you want to show them as pure they need to be black or brown usually or always I think. So painting black is VERY hard to sell as you may well know becuase people can't see the detail and I think very few people can paint a successful black. That's why I painted my Arend in a brown and my Conquest in a sunburned black. Just to get color and detail to show. Yet, my Conquest still sits here unsold. Personaly I can't understand it because he really looks great in person! If I still have him at the end of Sept, I'm going to brave a real show and show him. He deserves it.

COURSE if it is a sporthorse...tat opens the gate a bit!

BUT I still vote for one to be done if you are so inclined. That breed is just magnificent! :hello

plasminojen
08-24-2004, 12:56 PM
sure I'd be interested!!! :-D

Erin
08-24-2004, 01:16 PM
Oooh! I'm a sucker for anything in an englishey pose, I'd buy one!

Fkca46
08-24-2004, 01:49 PM
Depending On what looks like when done but it sounds really interesting. It sounds like something I would like to add to my collection.

AnnArrogance
08-24-2004, 02:02 PM
Oh, I am SO there! That sounds awesome!

Elyssar
08-24-2004, 02:13 PM
Ooh I'd loove a friesian sporthorse...Friesians are my favorite breed! I'd definitely try to buy one. :)

flicksmom
08-24-2004, 04:27 PM
I wondered how Mary Alice Malone (Iron Spring Farm) had the money for such a grand facility!

I think the idea's a grand one Debbie! I'm not in the resin buying collector phase at all but please, if you get enough interest, do 1 mold run!

Teresa

Graciela
08-24-2004, 06:25 PM
Yes yes yes please!!! :clap That would be wonderful.

merf
08-24-2004, 07:10 PM
im darn good at painting blacks and so is MGR if she was taking orders...but im her stand in when it comes to that LOL
anyone need something painted black though seriously ill do it haha!
;)
http://photobucket.com/albums/v98/sadiedangel/horses/?action=view&current=optimenewright.jpg

SMichaud
08-24-2004, 07:37 PM
im darn good at painting blacks and so is MGR if she was taking orders...but im her stand in when it comes to that LOL
anyone need something painted black though seriously ill do it haha!
;)
http://photobucket.com/albums/v98/sadiedangel/horses/?action=view&current=optimenewright.jpg

I didn't say that no one could paint a good black. I'm very good at it myself. I've seen some in person by top name painters that I thought were really mediocre at best. So therein come my commentary about few being able to paint them well. Anyway, it's SELLING them without seeing them in person that the sticking point.

Arabian Princess
08-25-2004, 04:45 PM
My friend knows them very well! nice people!

DLoveless
08-25-2004, 06:19 PM
Yes, Debbie, You must! I love doing Black Paintjobs!
Debra

kated
09-01-2004, 01:01 PM
Iron Spring Farm is VERY nice!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I was still in High Schnool they let me come there to see the farm and the Stallions. They were very nice and the stallions Esp. Roemer when he was alive. They are also very huge horses. Alll nice temperments.