PDA

View Full Version : updates from Crazyhorse Studios

paintncrazy
09-03-2005, 08:40 AM
A little over a year ago Hurricane Charlie (on Friday the 13th no less!) destroyed my studio and 20+ yrs of intensive labor in this hobby. OSCs, resins, awards, photograph records, etc were all scattered to the 125 mph winds and more than one resin almost completed was taken by looters. I was hard pressed to even think about moving on...
Now a year later, I just finished my very last Roady for a VERY patient customer and am about to complete a customized Chip resin to replace the one snatched out of the weeds by some skank looter last year...and things are truly looking up. I will even have a new website soon! I have almost all new equipment in my new studio and have been working on some exciting new creations for not only the model horse hobby people but to meet the demands of the live horse associations who have supported my work for the last 10 years.
I invite you to bookmark my current website and keep checking back for the new site (same url) and to all those people who have waited so patiently for me to 'heal' I thank you so much! Lori Daniels/Crazyhorse Studios

Chris Flint
09-03-2005, 09:31 AM
YAY Lori! :) GOOD to see you back again!

~ Chris.

Classic
09-04-2005, 09:51 AM
That sounds like good news. Gosh, I bet you can really identify with all the Louisianna people...

MGR
09-05-2005, 09:19 AM
AWESOME! Congratulations, Lori, and I'm so glad things are looking up for you again after your loss last year. :yourock

hi_d_hi
09-05-2005, 11:50 AM
Congratulations! It's nice when things get rolling along again, especially after unpleasant things make you wonder what you're doing.

allykatd
09-05-2005, 02:54 PM
I'm glad you're getting things rolling again. Believe it or not, it really helps the healing process and goes a lot towards filling an empty spot.

Good luck, Lori.

-Allie

Melly
09-05-2005, 05:33 PM
Lori, with the Gulf Coast disaster going on, I've been thinking about you so much and wondering how your recovery was going---thanks for the update, and I am so pleased you are working again.

paintncrazy
09-24-2006, 12:43 PM
Just officially closed my books until further notice...decided I am having MORE fun painting stuff I want to paint (like this incredible Ceberus from Sandra; oh boy; is he HOT!) so I am redoing my website customs gallery with that note...I have a stack of pictures to post but probably won't get to it until after El Paso as I am trying to get these last few horses out of here this week...
Loving this Graphire tablet I bought as I can add my copywrite and sig right to the pciture...

Gilder
09-28-2006, 04:00 PM
Congratulations, Lori! It's so great to hear how you're doing... and it sounds like you're doing well!

Morgen
09-30-2006, 06:39 PM
Congrats on getting over what must've been a big hurdle (I can't imagine and my heart goes out to you!).

The new digs look awesome!
:cheer

(the ponies aren't bad either :adore)

Appy38
10-01-2006, 12:30 PM
That is great Lori

paintncrazy
11-20-2006, 09:18 AM
Things are crawling to a close here at the end of 2006 and I am pleased and relieved to say I am DONE with the duties of treasurer to a large and unappreciative horse club...I learned my lesson and it will never happen again!! Three years of dedication and intense application of all my spare time and effort gets you little in return, even when you make teeny requests...so in two weeks I turn everything over to the guy who will replace me and I will be 100% all for me and mine again...Look out!!!
ANYHOW I am so looking forward to getting my studio up and roaring full speed again, and not just in spurts and dashes...I have so much started and so much to complete and look forward to getting my own stuff done for a change, and my plans in the works for all these drastic customs I bought bodies for. I am even contemplating a painting program for those whose work I so admire and may be contacting them with offers! Being on Blab has made me dream of seeing other's work on MY customs!!
So to the people who will be receiving horses before the end of this year, I thank you so much! Carol, Sanne, Molly and Frank, the 'kids' are approaching completion, (ya gotta love how oils take their sweet time to dry!) and then we are good to go~!
I leave tomorrow afternoon for ONE MORE show of the year trying to up my zone standings (I am up to 4th place and would like to make 2nd or 3rd by the grace of God and my good mare!) and then Caitlin and I are sitting back and rethinking our schedule for 2007, as she prepares for high school graduation and a life of college intensity...More updates to follow!~ Happy thanksgiving to all!
Extending an invite to any one to join my announcement list for updates...drastic customs include several resins that nearly met their fate during the hurricane, a LOT of Palouse customs, Ideal Stock Horse in the spirit of my proven winning cm'ing style, and some affordable simple repaints which give me a chance to shake out the paint brushes and 'play' with some ideas!