View Full Version : Mini Optime on a Base Option

09-04-2005, 08:33 PM
For those not on my WDN announcement email list who have ordered a Mini Optime (or plan to)...

I dithered back and forth about this, but decided to go ahead and offer this in case it might be desirable.

Mini Optime is actually cast on a small base in the molds, and then removed.
If you want, you can have your copy left on the base. It makes them MUCH more secure. (Those legs are sooo thin!) The base isn't presentation quality; you'd have to be handy with a hacksaw and cut it smaller and thinner. It is made of the same material as the horse, and it does have a seam running across its top side between the legs.

There is no extra charge for this option. You can remove the horse yourself by using a hot X-acto knife under each hoof. But it is not all that easy, I tried! I kinda like the way it looks however, and I'm keeping a couple for myself this way.

Here is what it looks like:

If you DO want your Optime(s) delivered on the bases, and you are holding #74 and up (too late for those I already mailed out, sorry!), just PM or email me and I'll note yours as on-base.

PS: there are about 25 left unsold in the edition of 300!
You can order one by clicking on the photo of Optime on my website's first page (below).

I am still working on getting a small edition made in clear resin, too!

Red Wolf
09-05-2005, 12:56 AM
Hm, that's kinda cool! Is he heavy enough to be a paper weight? :haha