PDA

View Full Version : Abby Marston-Use extreme caution!

gray_scout
08-30-2004, 12:50 PM
I ordered a bunch of stuff from Abby Marston over two years ago. I know I'm not alone and that their are many others waiting for halters, costumes, etc. I have received my Traditional sized Arab Costume but not the matching doll or my CM Peter Stone Arab. More recently, I also ordered a SM sized Arab
Costume and a CM Stablemate. Everything has been promised to me on numerous occassions, the latest promise, by early August. I really didn't want to post publicly and I just want the items I've ordered. I have sent her a certified letter since she she is ignoring my emails again.

Abby, if you read this please contact me ASAP. I am very concerned, and either want the items that I have ordered or a complete refund.

Sincerely,

Lisa Holland

Altair
09-20-2004, 06:06 PM
WooHoo has been removed. Congratulations!

YAY!!! GOT ANOTHER ONE!

Griffin
09-20-2004, 06:11 PM
YAY!!! GOT ANOTHER ONE!Someone's on a roll. Congrats!

~~Griffin~~

Altair
09-20-2004, 06:12 PM
Heehee, thanks... I think I'll go nap now, lol. My work here is done ;)

MGR
09-20-2004, 06:13 PM
WooHoo has been removed. Sorry It had already been "caught"

I just replying to catch the WOOHOO.

gray_scout
10-08-2004, 05:42 PM
I just wanted to alert everyone that is waiting for stuff from Abby Marston
not to count on being able to send her a letter. Her computer is supposedly "dead." I sent a letter on 9/22/04 via certified mail. I just received a notice today that the letter is being sent back to me because she wouldn't pick it up at the PO. I'm certain she is ignoring me on purpose, because she knows I've had it.

If anyone has had any success contacting her in any other way
recently I would love to hear from you.

Jennifer
10-09-2004, 05:26 PM
I don't know Abby and I've never done business with her but she did used to post a lot on the model horse tack list. Her posts were always very friendly and she was one of the first to volunteer help whenever someone needed it. She stopped posting abruptly awhile back and hasn't been heard from since. Her computer really could be on the outs.

However, that doesn't help you with the certified mail. I would have been willing to give her the benefit of the doubt but that is pretty suspicious...

Good luck!

gray_scout
10-11-2004, 04:05 PM
Thanks for the reply. I would have been willing to give her the benefit of the doubt too until I started getting excuse after excuse about why things weren't finished or that they were finished and why they couldn't ship and so on and so forth. I really don't understand why people put up with her behavior. Apparently, it isn't anything new so I can only assume that she has done this in the past as well. 27 months is way too long to wait, and the zero contact thing is very suspicious indeed. I will be calling her home and sending another letter with a two week deadline to either send a refund or the tack items that I am owed.

fordsmtack
10-28-2004, 05:58 PM
When she first had her cantering arab releashed (2000 or 2001)I sent her payments- she sent the resin right out when I got it paid for. She was real nice and friendly in her emails- but like said the letter thing is fishy.
She does do pretty arab costumes. I've told folks about her arab costumes -when I had a backlog on mine-I'd send them her way.That's why I gave up on taking custom orders and did auctions or finished sales list. I worried myself silly on trying to get orders out- I hope you find out what happened or maybe send letter without your addy on it to her.

gray_scout
10-28-2004, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the reply. I have sent her three certified letters. One she signed for, and the other two she has let sit in the Post Office. The last letter I simply sent Priority mail. She received it on October 15th. She was given a final deadline in the last letter. On Monday, November 1st, I will be filing a complaint with the Attorney General in Louisiana. I know for a fact there are a lot people who are in the same situation that I am. I think it's sad because she did make some incredible costumes. I am through with dealing with her. It's up to the authorities now.

Becky
10-28-2004, 08:18 PM
:woohoo first off HI Kim !!!

Second, not wanting to start stuff but u might want to sub to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MHHR/ and hook up with the ppl there looking for her....power in the many.

Good luck!

Becky
Stablemate Lovers Only
www.sonic.net/~yeager

Lookin' to close books in Nov so "my loyals" won't have to wait any longer for their orders (yeah, I stress at 3 months!). :sorry

gray_scout
10-28-2004, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the suggestion! I am on the MHHR, and more often than not, I don't get many replies when I post about her. Lately, I have received a few private emails, about other "victims." I have definitely been the most vociferous person on the MHHR about Abby. I'll definitely update the MHHR and this forum about what transpires......

gray_scout
11-04-2004, 10:45 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know that I have turned over my problems to the authorities in Louisiana. I should know something more in about 6 weeks. If anyone out there is currently in the same situation that I am, please email me privately.