PDA

View Full Version : Its really beggining to Bug me now,

Margaret H
09-06-2004, 02:39 AM
I really do wonder at some so called honest people in this hobby, why is it when people do the dirty on them they shout it from the roof tops, but yet they are not acting honest in some of their dealings, i have seen a number of people moaning and groaning how they get sick of so called tyre kickers, people oweing them money, models being waiting for ,letting people down with trades, the list goes on, so why if this upsets you So much , do you do it to other people, and yes i am, waiting for models , money from some of these folks, really annoys me to see you complaing when im waiting for stuff from YOU, you know who you are, i dont want to go public, but maybe ill have to...............................

Margaret Hallam UK

wonderwomn
09-06-2004, 12:55 PM
On the Yahoo MHHR list several of the people on there compalining are ones that TOOK a LONNNNNGGGG time to pay me, and sent checks when I said I did not take them. I think just because someone complains about others poor behavior, does not mean that they are someone you would want to deal with.

AllForFunHorses
09-06-2004, 10:08 PM
What I would like to know is why it takes so long to ship a model! Granted, I sent a check to one and Money Order to another, and I know people like to hold them for 3 days. Fair enough. And I also know it can take a week for snail mail to get delivered. But why does it take a whole freaking month or longer for someone to finally get around to shipping a model??!!!

Fishface
09-07-2004, 11:28 AM
Well...gee!

If any of the above are complaining about ME, I can assure you that ANY delays have NOTHING to do with 'intent'.

I am addle minded and disorganized, so miss things. And I ship ASAP, but as my PO is 15 miles away, I only go once a week....and should a payment, or order arrive that day, after I go...it could be TWO weeks.

I have worked with Margaret for Years, with NO problems that I am aware of. If I owe you a model, I have NO record of any orders.

I am recklessly honest and considerate, but DO make horrendous mistakes. :o

Chris Jolly

AllForFunHorses
09-07-2004, 12:00 PM
Nope, not directed at you in anyway. Just bitching because I want to see my horses darnit! Its been a month! I want to see for myself that they really are LSQ and not another PSQ horse with a LSQ price.

MaggieBennett
09-07-2004, 02:45 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't many people hold checks for three WEEKS? That could explain a lot of the month... :yes

Margaret H
09-07-2004, 04:14 PM
LOL no Chris you dont owe me a thing dont worry, your in the clear, i have never had any problems with you, you know that all our transactions have been a pleasure,
but unfortunatly there are people not just on this board,but other lists as well that well have not kept their word, tis a sad situation, when people do this, it really spoils what is a wonderful hobby with many great people,
some of my transactions have been going on for years, which is ok, if your told you will have to wait years, at least people would know where they stand, but so many people are given empty promises, i have also noticed some people , ie big live showers seem to get treated better,

have others noticed this ??????

Margaret

Becky
09-07-2004, 04:36 PM
I can totally see how it could take a month or so to ship out a horse:
1. You send check....mail can take a few days to reach the person who the check is going to.
2. The person receives check and (like a lot of people) holds item(s) until check clears - up to 3 weeks.
3. Check has cleared and now person mails item(s)....takes a few days to reach the buyer via USPS.

So right there you are looking at anywhere from 4 to 5 weeks if you sent a check :)

BearsnBugs
09-07-2004, 10:19 PM
I can totally see how it could take a month or so to ship out a horse:
1. You send check....mail can take a few days to reach the person who the check is going to.
2. The person receives check and (like a lot of people) holds item(s) until check clears - up to 3 weeks.
3. Check has cleared and now person mails item(s)....takes a few days to reach the buyer via USPS.

So right there you are looking at anywhere from 4 to 5 weeks if you sent a check :)

Yep, could very easily take that long if you hold a check 3 weeks. I usually hold for 2 wks. Less if I've done business with someone before.

What gets me are the ones that send a check and want to know why I haven't shipped their horse the next week. I state up front in my ad that I hold for 2 wks. Money order purchases go out within the week rec'd, unless it arrives on Friday or Sat--then the next week. Same with Paypal. And I almost never ship on Monday because of my work schedule.

Tina

AllForFunHorses
09-08-2004, 11:43 AM
Checks clear in 3 days though..... Why is it taking 3 weeks like you all are saying? I put a check in my account and within 3 days its in there. Other bank accounts I've had were 3 days as well. Am I missing something?

I don' normally send checks anyway. I don't like receiving checks, let alone sending one out to someone. Its just so hard to get to the PO to get a Money Order. Big reason why I rarely deal with anyone who will not accept paypal.

MaggieBennett
09-08-2004, 01:43 PM
Yes, the check goes into your account...but it hasn't actually cleared! I'm not 100% sure how it works out, but the bank can take the money out of your account if the check doesn't clear the other bank; thus, the three week waiting period (to make sure it's cleared both banks).

AllForFunHorses
09-08-2004, 04:36 PM
Wow, I didn't think it hit your account until it DID clear. I had no idea it took that long.

I think I like Paypal even more now.

Becky
09-08-2004, 08:52 PM
Yep I was told by my bank (Washington Mutual) a check can even bounce up to 4 weeks!!

crook425
09-08-2004, 08:59 PM
Yep I was told by my bank (Washington Mutual) a check can even bounce up to 4 weeks!!

Yep, it happened to me :grrr

That's why I quit accepting checks from buyers unless I know the person I'm dealing with :grin

colfaxbulldog
09-08-2004, 09:52 PM
Checks clear in 3 days though..... Why is it taking 3 weeks like you all are saying? I put a check in my account and within 3 days its in there. Other bank accounts I've had were 3 days as well. Am I missing something?

Though I am not in the banking business at all, I know exactly why people state two to three weeks for the check to clear. Though it may clear your bank in three days, it can take up to 10-15 business days for the check to be routed back to the "writee's" bank. Simply, a check can still bounce two to three weeks after its cashed. That is why people will hold the item until that time period. As many have stated, if they have done business with you before, they won't wait that time period.

I am very tired, so hopefully this semi-explanation makes semi-sense! :yawn

AllForFunHorses
09-08-2004, 11:02 PM
Wow, I really had no clue. Normally that money is out of my account 3 days after they cash it... but thats just the ones I have paid attention too i.e. bills (doesn't that figure).

Thanks for the 411. Thats just awful that it could take that long!

Becky
09-08-2004, 11:43 PM
Sad thing about the one that bounced on me...it WAS from someone I'd known a long time and is known as a BIG time OF collector. :(

aelwyd
09-09-2004, 01:02 AM
ans that is why you s hould just in case hols the check. The thing is that it CAN take as long as 3 weeks and if you then have spent the money, and it dont clear by that time youre in big trouble. So for my own safety i ALWAYS hold checks for 3 weeks, for me to be sure that is HAS cleared in the bank.

Sanne

greywillow
09-09-2004, 09:40 AM
Yep, it happened to me :grrr

That's why I quit accepting checks from buyers unless I know the person I'm dealing with :grin
I've had checks bounce from people that I knew very well. :upset
It's an awkward situation. You like someone a lot, and you make an exception for them (I don't generally take checks), and then the check bounces. Ick.

bronzino
09-09-2004, 09:43 AM
It does get deducted from your account immediately, but that does not mean that the recipient's bank has deemed it "cleared" in the same length of time. However, Gail Berg just advised of the passage of a new law requiring electronic clearance within a matter of hours. I haven't read it and don't know if her characterization is correct, but it may completely change people's perspectives with respect to checks if she is right. Yea for the lowly check!

I actually prefer checks to Paypal. A check, once cleared, is DONE. In contrast, a Paypal charge can be disputed - and reversed to your detriment - months later. So altho Paypal gets you the money faster, it has fewer long-term guarantees that you can KEEP it. And that's why I take checks, but not Paypal. Holding an item to wait for the check to clear is not a problem. Sending the item out to the buyer, and then finding out that the buyer is trying to reverse the charge... that IS problem. :cry

Eliz