PDA

View Full Version : Search function

laughingmareacres
05-14-2006, 08:20 PM
I'm not sure if Blab sets up its own parameters for searching, or if it's set by the software, but I've run into something frustrating a couple times while searching. Apparently, the search function does not like 3-letter words. I can understand having a "stop-list" to prevent searching for words like "I" or "an", but the three-letter word I was searching for was nsh. A legitimate search on a horse board :) When searching, I got this:

The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search : nsh Very frustrating!

PS - I'm not even sure I'll be able to view this, as it says that only paid members can access this forum. But I'm a paid member :) I was able to get into the latest message from the main screen, but I can't see the list of topics within the Suggestion Box.

seventhdream
05-16-2006, 02:43 PM
I was able to get into the latest message from the main screen, but I can't see the list of topics within the Suggestion Box.

I'm not sure about the search function, but this second thing can be fixed in your user CP. I think it's under 'edit options', there is something about the thread view cutoff or something along those lines. The default is 30 days, but can be changed so that you can see all threads regardless of how old they are.