PDA

View Full Version : Anyone deal with Erin Carter?

CementRoseStudios
10-15-2004, 10:36 AM
Thankfully I'm not dumb, I use paypal to pay for my auctions. (If seller of item can't produce delivery confirmation for item, you get your money back!)

Anyways, I bought a hartland grazing mare from her.. It's been 8 days so far, and still no horse. I e-mailed her and didn't get a response. I'm thinking if I don't hear from her by tomorrow, I'll cancel the transaction through paypal...

Anyone else think that's a good idea?

MaggieBennett
10-15-2004, 11:21 AM
Eight days since you paid? That doesn't really seem like too terribly long to me....I would give her a few more days. Just make sure to make the claim (if it ends up being necessary) within 30 days....
JMHO

CementRoseStudios
10-20-2004, 07:41 PM
So now 13 days and no horse.. I e-mailed her and asked her what shipping method she used, but she won't tell me.. .

Jenn Miller
10-21-2004, 12:33 AM
If you file for a refund through PayPal you gotta wait 30 days. Trust me, I've done it before :)

Jenn

CementRoseStudios
10-21-2004, 12:59 AM
Oh I know.. I've been on Paypal since '99..

It just annoys me when you pay for something, and then the person can't be bothered to talk to you or tell you anything! AUGH!

:hit :hit

Renee527
10-21-2004, 08:56 PM
Thankfully I'm not dumb, I use paypal to pay for my auctions. (If seller of item can't produce delivery confirmation for item, you get your money back!)

Anyways, I bought a hartland grazing mare from her.. It's been 8 days so far, and still no horse. I e-mailed her and didn't get a response. I'm thinking if I don't hear from her by tomorrow, I'll cancel the transaction through paypal...

Anyone else think that's a good idea?

I don't think 8 days is too extreme.. she may have sent the horse via Parcel Post .. and not everyone goes to the PO every day...

I'd wait at least 2 weeks before panicking...

Renee527
10-21-2004, 08:57 PM
So now 13 days and no horse.. I e-mailed her and asked her what shipping method she used, but she won't tell me.. .

She might not know how the horse went.. she may have just handed the box to them and said "send it the cheapest way". I've had parcel post take as long as 3-4 weeks. That's not typical of course.. but it does happen.

CementRoseStudios
10-22-2004, 01:50 PM
Well, it's just that she hasn't even bothered replying.. I've sent her 5 e-mails, being very nice in each one, and nothing.. Not even a peep.
:thumbsdow

Renee527
10-22-2004, 02:49 PM
Well, it's just that she hasn't even bothered replying.. I've sent her 5 e-mails, being very nice in each one, and nothing.. Not even a peep.
:thumbsdow

Bummer.
In the 6 years I've been selling on ebay though.. I've learned a lot. Some buyers/sellers I never hear ANYTHING from. Eventually the money and/or horse shows up.
You can just run into buyers and sellers that go against the grain.. it's frustrating but not much you can do about it.

I am not sure where the 30 day rule on PayPal came from. Their terms of service state that a seller has 7 days to ship.
The 30 day rule *does* apply filing postal claims of "loss" (not damage) on the insurance.

CementRoseStudios
10-22-2004, 04:24 PM
I didn't buy from e-bay though.. I bought a horse from her off of MH$P...
I sell alot on e-bay and I always let everyone that I got their money even if I don't tell them when I ship.. *sigh*
I already filed a claim with Paypal.. I'm not going to wait and "see" if she decides to ship. I'd rather have my money back then the damned horse now.
:hit :hit :hit :hit :hit

Oh, and with Paypal, if you wait 30 days, they won't let you claim your money..

It's a good idea to file a claim BEFORE 30 days.. :)

sheepwithbellson
10-22-2004, 05:39 PM
Yeah that 30 days thing is a pain. I bought a lot of DVDs on eBay a year ago and the seller kept fobbing me off saying they had been sent and promising proof of posting (so at least I could file a claim with the post office!). I gave him the benefit of the doubt - a month's worth. And then gave up. PayPal wouldn't do a thing as I'd left it too long! I learned my lesson...now I would give 28 days maximum.

Renee527
10-23-2004, 11:26 AM
Yeah that 30 days thing is a pain. I bought a lot of DVDs on eBay a year ago and the seller kept fobbing me off saying they had been sent and promising proof of posting (so at least I could file a claim with the post office!). I gave him the benefit of the doubt - a month's worth. And then gave up. PayPal wouldn't do a thing as I'd left it too long! I learned my lesson...now I would give 28 days maximum.

Fraud is fraud and you can still file even long after 30 days .. I haven't done it, but I have two friends that have.. and both received eventual refunds.

Renee527
10-23-2004, 11:27 AM
I didn't buy from e-bay though.. :)

Doesn't matter. The rules are PayPal's *not* ebay's. I was just using ebay as an example since that's where about 90% of my sales occur.

CementRoseStudios
10-24-2004, 06:59 PM
*oopsy*

CementRoseStudios
10-25-2004, 03:53 PM
Okay, I suck.. I got the horse today.. shipped on the 22nd, instead of when she said he was shipped..
So I guess, if you buy from Erin, expect to not hear anything, and wait a while for you horse...