PDA

View Full Version : Yard Sale

crook425
10-22-2004, 07:00 AM
The Collector Gene thread sparked this idea in my head:

This may be a little over the top & unrelated to equines, but what if we started a forum where members can advertise non horse things for sale.

For instance, I hate spending money on eBay to list clothes that I no longer wear & have them end with no bid at all or the minimum bid - the buyer spends more on postage than the item.

I just want my stuff gone! But I don't have a 'yard' to sell the stuff on... I wouldn't use the forum to price gouge - just to list stuff (like clothes, CDs, shoes, etc) without those silly listing & final value fees...

What do ya think?!

RobinBradbery
10-22-2004, 08:30 AM
Hmmmmm. Interesting idea. Let us think on it.

And no, that is not a polite way of saying, 'It ain't gonna happen'. :lol The idea is a good one.

Heather
10-22-2004, 11:51 AM
VEWY interesting! :yes I have kids clothes, and stuff that I can't stand having in the house anymore because it takes up space...Really cute purses I bought and will never use but can't toss...Same deal with a red leather wallet...

wobbler_kitty
10-22-2004, 05:59 PM
I've wondered about that for a while now. I didn't want to offend by listing non horsey things for sale. I have found that some other blabbers have the same interests outside of the hobby, and I'd love to get rid of few things and avoid Ebay for that kinda stuff.

If there were some basic rules, it wouldn't get bogged down with someone's ideas of "antiques" and other junk. Like it should only be for things that you personally don't want anymore but are worth more than just tossing out. Wouldn't want to see it turn into a bunch of junk or people trying to turn it into a money maker.

crook425
10-22-2004, 06:05 PM
And I would be willing to contribute a portion of my sales to the blab... if that sweetens the deal! It's not really about making money for me - it's more about getting stuff out of my house!!

Heather
10-22-2004, 06:16 PM
We can make a sub-forum in the Sale Arena - like the Proxy and Blab Photo Show are nestled in the Show Ring. What should the blurb under the forum name read?

Griffin
10-22-2004, 06:19 PM
We can make a sub-forum in the Sale Arena - like the Proxy and Blab Photo Show are nestled in the Show Ring. Good idea!

What should the blurb under the forum name read? Sell all the non-model-horse crap you don't want anymore? :lol j/k

Speaking of which...garage sale tomorrow and yep, it's raining. :~

~~Griffin~~

crook425
10-22-2004, 06:33 PM
What should the blurb under the forum name read?

What about Yard Sale?

DraytonWoods
10-22-2004, 06:33 PM
Hey, this is a good idea. I'd both buy and sell on it.

wobbler_kitty
10-22-2004, 06:47 PM
It's not really about making money for me - it's more about getting stuff out of my house!!

Exactly!

wobbler_kitty
10-22-2004, 06:52 PM
What should the blurb under the forum name read?

Take My Junk, Please??? :lol

Actually, I kinda like Yard Sale. Or something like: Everything But Models or Everything But The Horse.

Heather
10-22-2004, 06:57 PM
Take My Junk, Please??? :lol

Actually, I kinda like Yard Sale. Or something like: Everything But Models or Everything But The Horse.But the more descriptive part under the name of the forum - we can get pretty specific with that.

Like, WOYM says:

"Speak your mind in this forum: Ages 18 and above. Adult and frequently off-topic conversation. Must have 100+ posts and active membership. PM Heather for access."

Under the title of the forum. What do we want it to say under "Yard Sale"?

crook425
10-22-2004, 07:01 PM
"A forum where model horse collectors can sell non-model horse related items"

Eh, I suck at things like this! My creativity is not a continuous flow - it comes in spurts :~

wobbler_kitty
10-22-2004, 07:09 PM
"A forum where model horse collectors can sell non-model horse related items"
Eh, I suck at things like this! My creativity is not a continuous flow - it comes in spurts :~

That's not so bad though. Or you could put "blabbers" instead of "model horse collectors". Either way, something simple and to the point and then if needed, you could post a "rules" sticky at the top of the forum.

crook425
10-22-2004, 07:11 PM
That's not so bad though. Or you could put "blabbers" instead of "model horse collectors". Either way, something simple and to the point and then if needed, you could post a "rules" sticky at the top of the forum.

:agreed

:D