PDA

View Full Version : Lisa Perkins?

DrafterGirl
11-06-2004, 02:15 PM
Anyone deal with her before?

LaughingStockStables
11-06-2004, 05:42 PM
I have and both times the transactions turned out fine.

crook425
11-06-2004, 07:18 PM
I've heard not so good things about her, but I've had one transaction with her & things turned out fine.

Good luck :goodluck

th72
11-06-2004, 08:30 PM
I think she *used* to have a bad name, but is trying really hard to change that. I'd give her a chance. :)

DrafterGirl
11-06-2004, 10:12 PM
well, i guess she "finally" got my money then she gave me bad feedback and got me supsended from mXc... b/c I sent cash and she had said it was okay since I didn't have time to get a money order!

Stacey
11-06-2004, 10:36 PM
There was a thread about Lisa a while back - you might check back through the list. I know there were at least 2 people who were very concerned, because they had not received their items from her and it had been a while since they'd paid.

I've had my own personal experiences with her, and they were VERY unpleasant. :upset

Stacey

mumtaz
11-07-2004, 02:32 AM
A few years ago, she was a notoriously nasty ROA, but recently she has supposedly turned over a new leaf. I would still be wary of any doing any transactions with her.

BeezerMom
11-07-2004, 02:40 AM
the one from Iowa? Will NEVER do business with her again. End of story.

Kristina
11-07-2004, 03:40 AM
It's Mr. Hanky! Sorry, you can go back to your post now... :bump

DrafterGirl
11-07-2004, 11:26 AM
thanks!

Renee527
11-07-2004, 04:24 PM
There was a thread about Lisa a while back - you might check back through the list. I know there were at least 2 people who were very concerned, because they had not received their items from her and it had been a while since they'd paid.

I've had my own personal experiences with her, and they were VERY unpleasant. :upset

Stacey

:yeahthat :sad

Only I won't say anything more since she has a real knack for suing people.

DrafterGirl
11-07-2004, 09:19 PM
SCARY!
*hides*

aelwyd
11-08-2004, 02:46 AM
yowza! I was considering doing business with her, but now i just wont, i dont want to take thr risk on this one...

Sanne

PyscoFalcon
11-08-2004, 05:49 AM
Avoide her.

It took over a month to send a model I paid for secconds after auction ended.
The model then had to be repainted as wrapped in plastic bags which had stuck to the model!

I paid for a LSQ CM Andy and that's what I expected for my money. Not haveing to repaint parts and revarnish him :(

triplebdesigns
11-08-2004, 09:59 AM
I was one of the people she threatened to sue....and she went after 2 other folks in this hobby as well. She was notorious for taking $$ from people at one point (few years ago) and not sending the horses. She would post on the haynet as "Lisa, Breyer Dealer in Iowa". Many were thinking it was me....but I cleared the air and stated that I always sign my posts "Lisa Bickford, Triple B Models, Authorized Breyer Dealer". Lisa P. threatened to sue me because I was damaging her business. I had a chat with her attorney....didn't hear about it again.

I have heard she is turning over a new leaf, maybe so. I have never dealt with her as far as a business transaction, but I have had to deal with her wrath.

DrafterGirl
11-08-2004, 07:58 PM
Oh! Okay! I'll make sure NEVER EVER to do business with her again, I had WAY too many problems the first time... Still waiting for my model!

DrafterGirl
12-12-2004, 01:42 PM
Got the model- paint had bubble wrap markings, and it was VERY crappy done
sent it back-STILL waiting for a payment, she keeps harrassing me saying that she got the model- and that she had the flu so she couldn't send it out.. and that sending cash makes things slow and I know for a fact it doesn't I WANT MY MONEY!

DrafterGirl
12-12-2004, 01:45 PM
I am hurt by all this, I've never had anything like this happen, once I get my money, I'm leaving the hobby. I cannot stand it anymore!

Heather
12-12-2004, 01:47 PM
Please don't let one person ruin it for you. You're fun and wonderful - don't let her have that power over you! She'll get hers, and don't let her win by upsetting you so. :hugg :hugg :hugg

DrafterGirl
12-12-2004, 01:50 PM
why can't she JUST GIVE ME MY MONEY? OMG! I just hate it! I mean- saying she called my parents? yeah right... she doesn't have my number

Heather
12-12-2004, 02:01 PM
why can't she JUST GIVE ME MY MONEY? OMG! I just hate it! I mean- saying she called my parents? yeah right... she doesn't have my number
It's totally uncool, and totally unfair and it sucks. Believe me, I understand completely what you're saying - but PLEASE don't let her win. Stick with us, and don't let her upset you. Maybe you should have your parents call HER.

PyscoFalcon
12-12-2004, 02:02 PM
Aww shame you had same problem with horse I did.
Please don't leave hobby cos of her.

DrafterGirl
12-12-2004, 02:03 PM
I would have my parents call her, but she is just stupid, I'm not goin to get into anything legal!

DrafterGirl
12-12-2004, 02:03 PM
Heather- saw that she harrassed you tons, what did you do?

DrafterGirl
12-12-2004, 02:05 PM
didn't she say that she called my house?

wonderwomn
12-12-2004, 03:44 PM
Don't go! Most people are very nice in this hobby. I think a lot of us are crazy, most in a good way, a few in a bad way. Think of the stories you have to share with the rest of us!

sheepwithbellson
12-12-2004, 05:01 PM
Yes, don't go! Otherwise how will you satisfy your desire for more MYTHOS's!!! :)

samantha k.
12-12-2004, 05:10 PM
Draftergirl, there will ALWAYS be SOMEONE you deal with in the hobby with a sour attitude, but that's just part of it. Certaintly it's no reason to leave the hobby though!!! It's what we love!! And love is STRONG, don't let one bad apple ruin the bunch!! Model horses are forever! Nasty transactions aren't;)

Hope things work out for you soon!!

DraytonWoods
12-12-2004, 06:48 PM
Draftergirl, you may want your parents to call her and read her the riot act, telling her that she better not harrass a minor again. Internet predators are dealt with more and more strictly in the law, and that is exactly what she is behaving like in my opinion.

Captain Jack Sparrow
12-12-2004, 07:39 PM
Personally, I'm sick of Lisa Perkins, She herrased Heather now she won't send DrafterGirls money back. I don't get it, why do people have to make misory for other people who never asked to be put in misory. Please stay DrafterGirl if you show weaknees against her it will only make her stronger. gah I want to give Lisa Perkins a dose of her own mediecin :hit

Wyyooper
12-13-2004, 10:44 AM
Hey, Drafter Girl, don't you dare leave the hobby because of one person who has to act like a child! You are a huge asset to this hobby. Besides, you are too much fun to have around! :hugg

DrafterGirl
12-13-2004, 01:25 PM
Hey, Drafter Girl, don't you dare leave the hobby because of one person who has to act like a child! You are a huge asset to this hobby. Besides, you are too much fun to have around! :hugg
Thanks! But your just saying that to make me feel better

DrafterGirl
12-13-2004, 01:41 PM
Yeah I know i know I love mythos, but I cannot afford much anymore, I can't even afford to buy a SM! I don't have the money to show, I can't get rides to shows, I've been told my photo show photos suck monkey butt, so I think its time to give up!

Heather
12-13-2004, 01:46 PM
Yeah I know i know I love mythos, but I cannot afford much anymore, I can't even afford to buy a SM! I don't have the money to show, I can't get rides to shows, I've been told my photo show photos suck monkey butt, so I think its time to give up!Not that my photos *don't* suck monkey butt, but if you send me some of your horses, I'd be happy to take photos for you. Free.

This is an example of my setup for photos:

http://www.kokopellicollectibles.com/gallery/albums/album14/26988569_G.jpg

RobinBradbery
12-13-2004, 01:54 PM

Totally!!! Don't you dare leave!!!!

skippyfan
12-13-2004, 01:55 PM
Yeah I know i know I love mythos, but I cannot afford much anymore, I can't even afford to buy a SM! I don't have the money to show, I can't get rides to shows, I've been told my photo show photos suck monkey butt, so I think its time to give up!

hey, just because you can't afford to do much doesn't mean you have to give up! There are no live shows within a decent driving distance of me (closest is a *10* hour drive!). My photography skills when it comes to model are not that great, and on top of that, I no longer have a decent camera to use. I'm a broke college student, so I'm lucky to add a couple models to the herd each year (mainly from birthday/Christmas presents from my brother ;)). But I still consider myself in the hobby, even if I can't do much!

Have you considered getting into pedigree assignment? (www.ipabra.org) I'm quite involved, and it is a great way to still be involved in the hobby, without having to spend tons. ;) And from pedigree assignment, you could then get involved in racing, another area I'm quite involved in. Sure, I spend money on this part of the hobby, buying reference material (books, magazines), but you CAN get by without, by requesting breedings from other people's herds.

Anyway, I just wanted to point out that you can still be involved inthe hobby without having to spend tons of money. No need to give up. :)

MBPearls
12-13-2004, 06:07 PM
I don't show much... 1 or 2 live shows a year. I love pedigree assignment! Plus I love my horses... and that's all that matters. :adore

DrafterGirl
12-13-2004, 08:49 PM
I love my models, I love doing pedigrees, but I stopped doing sires/dams after everyone started to hate me for no reason.

Renee527
12-13-2004, 09:18 PM
I love my models, I love doing pedigrees, but I stopped doing sires/dams after everyone started to hate me for no reason.

*not everyone hates you*.

Find some aspect of the hobby that you enjoy and engage in it. I haven't had model money in over a month (a long time for me), yet I am still thoroughly enjoying the hobby....... there is more to the hobby than buying all the time.

If you find the hobby frustrating, maybe it is time to take a break. There is more to life than model horses.............

good luck.

DrafterGirl
12-13-2004, 09:20 PM
i'm sick of people like you I'm not throwing a pity party.... WHY CAN"T YOU PEOPLE LEAVE ME ALONE!

DrafterGirl
12-13-2004, 09:31 PM
*I was discussing stuff with other people, yes most people do hate me since the red lights, b/c most people cancelled their orders...

Renee527
12-13-2004, 09:49 PM
i'm sick of people like you I'm not throwing a pity party.... WHY CAN"T YOU PEOPLE LEAVE ME ALONE!

You continue to post here .... this is a public board. If you don't want our opinions and thoughts.. maybe it's time to take a break.

Renee527
12-13-2004, 09:51 PM
*I was discussing stuff with other people, yes most people do hate me since the red lights, b/c most people cancelled their orders...

Then it should be up to you to prove that what they say is wrong. First and foremost I am NOT one of the people posting against you on MHHR ... I have never dealt with you so I can't say one way or the other.

The unfortunate part about this hobby is if you make just one person unhappy, the whole world will find out about it. Your job is to rise above it all and prove through actions, that they are wrong.

:sigh

Becky
12-13-2004, 09:55 PM
:agreed

DrafterGirl
12-20-2004, 08:46 PM
Still No Refund! And No Response To Emails!

AnnArrogance
12-20-2004, 11:25 PM
God, I am SO sorry you are having to deal with this! :hugg Best of luck, and please don't let it ruin the hobby for you.

DrafterGirl
12-21-2004, 09:23 AM
OMG! and i really need the money right now too!

HeyMedic
12-21-2004, 11:13 PM
How much money are you out?

OMG! and i really need the money right now too!

DrafterGirl
12-22-2004, 01:23 PM
$35, but still thats a new model!

DrafterGirl
12-22-2004, 01:28 PM
she even changed her email yet again!

DrafterGirl
12-22-2004, 01:30 PM
this is what I emailed her stating:
Name: katie barlage
Email: seattleslew2007@yahoo.com
Item: WANTED: Marx Horse Flame And Also Figures

Okay, its been about 15 days since you called my house and said the
payment was going out! If I don't recieve it by Jan. 4th, I will be
putting RED LIGHTS EVERYWHERE! You promised to send the money, so I better
have it in my hands soon, I sent the model, right away, and you said
you'd do the same.

Katie Barlage

HeyMedic
12-22-2004, 03:12 PM
Dear Kaitie...Tell you what. Pick out whatever horse you want on eBay for $35 or less (not including postage) and I will buy it and have it sent directly to you as a Christmas present from me to you.

this is what I emailed her stating:
Name: katie barlage
Email: seattleslew2007@yahoo.com
Item: WANTED: Marx Horse Flame And Also Figures

Okay, its been about 15 days since you called my house and said the
payment was going out! If I don't recieve it by Jan. 4th, I will be
putting RED LIGHTS EVERYWHERE! You promised to send the money, so I better
have it in my hands soon, I sent the model, right away, and you said
you'd do the same.

Katie Barlage

MGR
12-22-2004, 03:36 PM
Definitely the poopy expensive lesson has been learned here...never send a model until you have the money in hand! :( I'm sorry that happened to you, Katie...that really sucks. That is super nice of Paul to offer to hook you up out of the goodness of his heart! :) It's the Christmas spirit!

HeyMedic
12-22-2004, 04:33 PM
That reminds me of the time my caregiver mistakenly mailed out a package containing a $150 Olympus digital camera I had sold on eBay, before I received payment for it. I was certain I was out the money since he was leaving it up to his teenage daughter to send me the MO who had just gotten a $150 speeding ticket. Nice family. I did receive a MO from the girl's father after about 2 months so I give them that much credit. Most people are honest.

I have been known to give away money, tools, models, expensive resins and chinas to appreciative hobbyists no matter what time of the year it is. No strings attached. Just because I can.

Definitely the poopy expensive lesson has been learned here...never send a model until you have the money in hand! :( I'm sorry that happened to you, Katie...that really sucks. That is super nice of Paul to offer to hook you up out of the goodness of his heart! :) It's the Christmas spirit!

HeyMedic
12-22-2004, 04:36 PM
Oh, and underwear too :wink

RobinBradbery
12-22-2004, 05:03 PM
:cheer Panties!!! :cheer

Graciela
12-22-2004, 06:35 PM
I have been known to give away money, tools, models, expensive resins and chinas to appreciative hobbyists no matter what time of the year it is. No strings attached. Just because I can.

That is really sweet of you, Paul! Wow! We need more guys like you. :adore I'm sure Katie appreciates it... That's an awesome present, and very generous!

Gee whiz... I'm overcome with love from these awesome Blabbers! :lol :grouphug

Lipizzans4Me
12-22-2004, 08:06 PM
That is really sweet of you, Paul! Wow! We need more guys like you. :adore I'm sure Katie appreciates it... That's an awesome present, and very generous!

Gee whiz... I'm overcome with love from these awesome Blabbers! :lol :grouphug

:yeahthat :agreed

Melissage
12-22-2004, 10:57 PM
:roflmao Sorry, the underwear thing made me giggle! Paul, that is a very generous thing to do!

Draftergirl--

I feel that my hobby is the one thing I really do for myself, so I refuse to let other people bring it down for me. My halters are my "extra income" and sometimes people don't come through with their ends of the deal, and yes, I get upset, but it doesn't ruin my day or my love of what I do. I thoroughly enjoy this hobby and take the good with the bad. If horses are what you enjoy, then great! If you aren't enjoying the hobby anymore maybe it's time to keep to yourself for a while but still enjoy your horses. No one can sit here and tell you how to live your life or manage your reputation, but posting on a public board asking for opinions and answers....well, you're going to get some. Sorry you're having such a tough time, just do what you feel is right for YOU, that's all you can do.

DrafterGirl
12-22-2004, 11:02 PM
Dear Kaitie...Tell you what. Pick out whatever horse you want on eBay for $35 or less (not including postage) and I will buy it and have it sent directly to you as a Christmas present from me to you.
*TEARS* tears are seriously running down my face. I cannot take any money or anything from you. You are so sweet! I cannot believe it! Right now Lisa is threatning to sue me, and I have done nothing wrong!

Paul, thanks for offering, but its x-mas, and well, I'm sure you need the money more than i do! Thanks though, its just something I cannot accept from you, since, well your not the cause for this! I have to thank you over and over and over again for offering. how sweet!

DrafterGirl
12-22-2004, 11:10 PM
This is an email that Lisa sent me....

Are you still whining on Heather's board, I sent your MO yesterday

Ever here of internet staking?Every where I go to post messages there
you are.No I have not changed my email address, I have had that one on
yahoo for years. I have been keeping track of your messages and also the
threats by email I have gotten from others as a result of your posts. I
have sued people in the hobby for their BIG mouths on message boards
and you will be next if you do not SHUTUP!!
is Don your father?Maybe I will give him a call.

She told me numerous times she sent my money, I will never believe it!

samantha k.
12-22-2004, 11:39 PM

She told me numerous times she sent my money, I will never believe it!:eek::eek::eek::eek: That's BULL:thumbsdow

samantha k.
12-22-2004, 11:42 PM
Paul, thanks for offering, but its x-mas, and well, I'm sure you need the money more than i do! Thanks though, its just something I cannot accept from you, since, well your not the cause for this! I have to thank you over and over and over again for offering. how sweet!
Hmmmm.....ummmmm hey Paul... I have no problem accepting free offers:uh...:haha Wadda ya say eh?:wink :lol

lady_affirmed
12-23-2004, 12:08 AM

She told me numerous times she sent my money, I will never believe it!

From what I have read and heard of her, I don't think she has much of leg to stand on. If I was still a teenager and had somebody doing this to me and threatening to call my parents, I would let her call my mom. My mom would have a field day with her-LOL. She will let people degrade her with losing her cool, but somebody tries the same with me or my brothers (even with us as adults to this day), watch out!
DrafterGirl, I really do hope you get your money back and this situation comes to an end.

HeyMedic
12-23-2004, 12:27 AM
Katie, look in the Wanted (non-model related) forum under Unicorn Plush :wink MERRY CHRISTMAS!

*TEARS* tears are seriously running down my face. I cannot take any money or anything from you. You are so sweet! I cannot believe it! Right now Lisa is threatning to sue me, and I have done nothing wrong!

AnnArrogance
12-23-2004, 01:08 AM
From what I have read and heard of her, I don't think she has much of leg to stand on. If I was still a teenager and had somebody doing this to me and threatening to call my parents, I would let her call my mom. My mom would have a field day with her-LOL. She will let people degrade her with losing her cool, but somebody tries the same with me or my brothers (even with us as adults to this day), watch out!
DrafterGirl, I really do hope you get your money back and this situation comes to an end.

:roflmao Oh my God, my mom is the same way. Many people (including my psycho ex-roommate who tried to blackmail me when I kicked him out for not paying rent OR utilities for 4 months) have found out the hard way that you don't MESS with MARGO!!! Or her kid or husband! :lol Margo would have a FIELD DAY ripping her to shreds.

My advice? Tell your mom and dad everything that's going on, if you haven't already! Heck, have them call HER! She's bluffing to scare you off-- she has no legal grounds to sue you. In fact, you have FAR more legal grounds than she does for a suit (not that I'm recommending filing one, 'cause I'm certainly not as that would be silly... just making a point)!

webenative
12-23-2004, 01:18 AM
Oh, and underwear too :wink:roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

lady_affirmed
12-23-2004, 01:39 AM
:
My advice? Tell your mom and dad everything that's going on, if you haven't already! Heck, have them call HER! She's bluffing to scare you off-- she has no legal grounds to sue you. In fact, you have FAR more legal grounds than she does for a suit (not that I'm recommending filing one, 'cause I'm certainly not as that would be silly... just making a point)!

I couldn't agree with you more. Well said!

ryllina
12-23-2004, 11:00 AM
She's not going to sue you and she hasn't sued other people for having big mouths on message boards ... don't let her stress you out. Hopefully she sent your money.

DrafterGirl
12-23-2004, 12:59 PM
yeah, my dad said LET HER CALL ME! They know everything that is going on!

DrafterGirl
12-23-2004, 01:19 PM
I'm not really worried about her, I just want my money! THEN I WILL PAY BACK Paul for buying me that plush! AWHHHH!! Thanks PAUL!

LOL!

DrafterGirl
12-25-2004, 09:57 PM
Omg! I Got My Money!

Heather
12-25-2004, 10:02 PM
Omg! I Got My Money!
YAY!!! LISA CAME THROUGH! Great to hear! It sucks that it took long enough to get worried, it sucks that she wrote you such nasty emails, but it's great that she came through!

ryllina
12-26-2004, 09:16 AM
Yay!!

kidwitch
12-26-2004, 09:32 AM
Huzzah to Lisa coming through! Glad you got your money back!

flicksmom
12-26-2004, 03:23 PM
Katie - I wouldn't worry about someone who can't even spell "stalk" in a threatening email to you.

Teresa

Stef
12-26-2004, 04:04 PM
I'm glad to hear that you finally got your money back from her!

BearsnBugs
12-26-2004, 05:24 PM
I'm very glad that you got your money back, Katie. Just a little "happy holidays" from the mail carrier! ;)

Tina

samantha k.
12-26-2004, 05:44 PM
Ahhh good to hear :hugg*sigh of relief*

DrafterGirl
12-26-2004, 06:23 PM
Katie - I wouldn't worry about someone who can't even spell "stalk" in a threatening email to you.

Teresa
True, true very true LOL!!! :roflmao

LaughingStockStables
12-26-2004, 08:48 PM
I love you Katie!!! :hugg And I'm sending the money I owe you right away, no ifs ands or buts!!!!!

Now let's all give Paul some reputation points!!!!!!

PSDraftLady
01-11-2005, 01:14 AM
I what a model paul LoL
Katie I have dealed with you and you always come through with me.I will always deal with you.I know you are haveing problems right now so I will wait on the money for the CM sm drafter you whated from me.
Nichole