PDA

View Full Version : Haley Newman?

Lipizzans4Me
11-08-2004, 10:49 PM
Has anyone dealt with Haley Newman? She Has had a model placed on hold from me for over a month now and still no payment has arrived. I realize things happen to people, I was just wondering if anyone else has dealt with her before and if so how did it go. She says she sent 4 MO's out to me..but i'm yet to recieve a single one...so i'm kinda lost on what to do now. Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Stacy
11-08-2004, 11:19 PM
She is a minor that had very odd adds placed on MHSP. I would be weary to deal with her, maybe you should try to contact her parents?

Lipizzans4Me
11-09-2004, 12:53 AM
How could I go about doing that? I've never had anything like this ever happen before. Thanks!

Renee527
11-14-2004, 04:06 PM
Has anyone dealt with Haley Newman? She Has had a model placed on hold from me for over a month now and still no payment has arrived. I realize things happen to people, I was just wondering if anyone else has dealt with her before and if so how did it go. She says she sent 4 MO's out to me..but i'm yet to recieve a single one...so i'm kinda lost on what to do now. Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

She's a minor .. using the internet as a playground. She wrote me about several things I have for sale and must be planning to pay with Monopoly money because she has NO MEANS to pay and is simply stringing everyone along. I wish people would pay attention to what their kids are doing while on the internet.......

:mad

Renee527
11-14-2004, 04:07 PM
How could I go about doing that? I've never had anything like this ever happen before. Thanks!

I would just put your items back up for sale .. if she hasn't ripped you off I wouldn't worry about contacting her parents. Putting things on hold and vanishing is annoying, but it's not a crime.

LaughingStockStables
11-28-2004, 03:06 PM
She was supposed to enter my photo show, I kept moving the deadline for her but she never did send me pictures or money. She and I kept emailing each other, she always said that she was "getting ready" to send but nope! never did. And yes her ads are EXTREMELY odd!!!

Lipizzans4Me
11-28-2004, 04:48 PM
yeah.. she isn't that dependable at all.. says she sends stuff out but never does.. typical tire kicker :rolleyes I will definatly not deal with her again in the future.. I think her parents should be supervising her online..because she obviously isn't mature enough to deal with people on the MHSP..or other sales pages.

kated
11-28-2004, 05:59 PM
She has done the same thing to me! Two times with 2 diff. names. I think its a little kid and she just has no clue. She wanted to send time payments for $40.00 model. I should of know then. She also goes under a diff name on MH$P with same last name. Stupid me should of known! So iive been waiting for payments for two diff models. I have come to realize it aint comin'

kated
11-28-2004, 06:10 PM
She is also using the names: Paul and Mandy Newman.

I sent an email to Carrie.

Renee527
11-28-2004, 09:30 PM
She has done the same thing to me! Two times with 2 diff. names. I think its a little kid and she just has no clue. She wanted to send time payments for $40.00 model. I should of know then. She also goes under a diff name on MH$P with same last name. Stupid me should of known! So iive been waiting for payments for two diff models. I have come to realize it aint comin'

There are an awful lot of kids of ALL ages.. including one 17 year old that chose to ignore my rule about dealing with Minors.
She retorted that, at 17, she is not a minor.

:lol

Umm.. last time I checked anyone under 18 is a minor! :lol

Lipizzans4Me
11-28-2004, 09:37 PM
Sorry to hear about your dealings with her.. she needs to be stopped.. it's getting just plain rediculous! I too was waiting on time payments on a model of mine.. it wasn't all that expensive, but expensive for a kid.. so I told her I'd except time payments of 20.00 over a certain amount of time.. she played around and said she had sent them out.. well.. when I called her on her little "game" she was playing she started sending me emails saying that my emails were not coming through to her.. they were all scrambled like a code.. when I replied back how odd that was.. and copied and pasted the old message in the same email.. she wrote back.. yeah it is odd.. i'm still not getting your email.. LMAO.. give me a break.. how'd you know that I said it was odd, if they aren't showing up properly?! :rolleyes I'm through with dealing with Kids like her using the sales pages for a playground. Don't get me wrong there are some very nice minors out there that I have dealt with.. just seems that many of them the past few years want it all.. but don't have any intentions on paying. :mad

CementRoseStudios
11-30-2004, 12:19 PM
What someone should do it try and get ahold of her phone number and get in touch with her parents.. I wonder if THEY know what she's up to?

LaughingStockStables
11-30-2004, 02:03 PM
I bet Paul and Carrie are her parents, and she's using their names.

Lipizzans4Me
11-30-2004, 02:25 PM
Her phone number is listed on her MHSP adds..

LaughingStockStables
11-30-2004, 04:16 PM
call her!

Lipizzans4Me
11-30-2004, 05:47 PM
call her!

Can't I'm living on campus and can't make calls out of state :sad .. or else I would have a very long time ago.

kidwitch
11-30-2004, 06:12 PM
Just don't hold grudges against all minors- but I do think you should have reputable people backing you if you are a minor. I mean I have bought from Tracy Eilers and Melissa (MGR) and I worked out a deal, plus I've gained a lot of people's trust. If you are a minor you SHOULD have that before dealing with someone, and as someone in the hobby you should be asking that from a minor.

I'm so sorry she didn't send your money. =( Relist the item, tell her to stop payment (if she even actually made any).

Lipizzans4Me
11-30-2004, 11:50 PM
:sorry I understand where you are coming from..BUT..It's one thing when she has done this to ONE person.. its another thing when its a reoccuring thing that has happened to tooo many of us dealing with her!

I'm so sorry she didn't send your money. =( Relist the item, tell her to stop payment (if she even actually made any).

LaughingStockStables
12-02-2004, 03:02 PM
have you posted on the MHSP asking people to be careful about dealing with her? Maybe then she can't do this to anyone else. :rolleyes

Lipizzans4Me
12-02-2004, 09:21 PM
It's against Carrie Sapps posting rules.. or else I would have by now :rolleyes We are all just stuck to post on model horse reference sites and hope that others will hear what she has done and decide to pass the word on.

have you posted on the MHSP asking people to be careful about dealing with her? Maybe then she can't do this to anyone else. :rolleyes

CementRoseStudios
12-02-2004, 10:49 PM
So why not contact Carrie Sapp directly and tell her what she's doing?
I know she kicked someone off of their before for doing the same thing..
What's the worst thing that could happen if you contact Carrie?? :D

Lipizzans4Me
12-04-2004, 12:56 AM
I have.. and a few others have as well, Hopefully something will be done about all of this.. The whole situation is looking to be alot like what went on a year or so ago with another minor. It's too bad a few of them have to go and ruin it for the rest :( I have dealt with plenty of minors in the past without a problem... so i'm not saying that all are bad to deal with, just saying its a shame that one or two people have to ruin it for the rest. Unlike some people i've seen recently who have blocked out all transactions with minors, I will still continue to deal with them... will just make sure to have plenty of references from them ahead of time. I truly feel bad for the decent minors out there that have been pushed aside and "labeled" recently b/c of all of this.

LaughingStockStables
12-04-2004, 05:05 PM
I truly feel bad for the decent minors out there that have been pushed aside and "labeled" recently b/c of all of this.

I hate being called a "minor" !!!!!! And don't say that that was out of line because nobody was talking directly to me. I'm speaking for all the good ones. I hate it because it sounds like we are some unimportant species that rules must be made against.

LaughingStockStables
12-04-2004, 05:10 PM
Ok maybe I sounded a little too angry. ~*Sorry*~ :sorry

cranbonite
12-04-2004, 05:34 PM
But...well, that IS the legal terminology for someone under the age of 18, hon ;)

Also, the reason it's used so often in the context of selling model horses is just that - for legal reasons. If a minor screws you over in a business deal, you have no legal recourse, because that person cannot legally enter into a binding contract. Minors are not technically supposed to do business. If it weren't for the legal mumbo-jumbo that makes dealing with minors risky, I'm sure they'd just say "young people."

Of course, not all minors are problematic! I know you're sure a good one! :hugg

kidwitch
12-04-2004, 05:38 PM
I have to agree with you though, Sara. Like I said before in my posts, its one- not all. If you all in the community want to break from minors the community will die off. Hate to break it, but minors are important. Minor = Major in this community. Its one of those Children are our Future deals. I will not hesitate to go to someone not accepting offers from minors on something I want and tell them I will give them references, people to talk to, and my parents. I truly believe its those dealing with the minors without asking for references, parents, etcetera at fault. =x. So please BE RESPONSIBLE, as you should be, with minors and adults alike. Minors are able to create speedy, efficient transactions just like adults, and flunk out on some just like some adults.

I agree with you Daphne, but then why can I at thirteen go into a store and buy a model without my mom there? I don't get it. That's doing business, right? So what's the difference? (Thats in a truly curious tone, not defensive in the slightest. :yes )

cranbonite
12-04-2004, 06:36 PM
Oh, Evelyn I hear you hon! I only just turned 18 this year...I was a minor in the hobby for most of my time! ;) And I always had a sterling reputation...I remember meeting many people I'd dealt with at BFest and them being SHOCKED at my age. There are definitely some great ones out there, and you're right, it's not fair to completely discount kids. To be honest, I never really revealed my age when I dealt with people. I simply made sure I was responsible, always shipped models out within a couple days, always sent payment when I said I would! But I do think the best way to protect yourself and still allow kids to help the hobby grow is simply to request parental responsibility with regards to deals with minors - especially for custom orders! Because sellers do need to protect themselves from bad deals - most don't do it enough.

Of course, everyone sets their own policies. Personally, I'd have no problem dealing with minors who I've spoken with and feel I can trust - like Sara, or Evelyn, or heck, anyone who presents themselves maturely! If I get an email from someone and can't tell their age immediately, that's a good sign to me...it says they're mature, responsible people who are serious about the deal!

Renee527
12-04-2004, 08:53 PM
I hate being called a "minor" !!!!!! And don't say that that was out of line because nobody was talking directly to me. I'm speaking for all the good ones. I hate it because it sounds like we are some unimportant species that rules must be made against.

No need to be offended ... as someone pointed out MINOR is a legal term for anyone under the age of 18.
We were all minors once. The big difference was, there was no internet back when I was a minor so it was a lot more difficult for kids to 'play' back then. Right now it's so easy , that a few rotten apples spoil the whole barrel.

Lipizzans4Me
12-04-2004, 10:49 PM
No need to be offended ... as someone pointed out MINOR is a legal term for anyone under the age of 18.
We were all minors once. The big difference was, there was no internet back when I was a minor so it was a lot more difficult for kids to 'play' back then. Right now it's so easy , that a few rotten apples spoil the whole barrel.

Thank you Renee.. my thoughts exactly!

kidwitch
12-05-2004, 12:06 AM
Though true, is it fair to let one or two ruin it for everyone else? I know for a fact that there are adults that can't be trusted. I know people should have a good reputation and references but those that can offer SHOULD be given the benefit of the doubt as a good person.

kidwitch
12-05-2004, 12:10 AM
Oh, Evelyn I hear you hon! I only just turned 18 this year...I was a minor in the hobby for most of my time! ;) And I always had a sterling reputation...I remember meeting many people I'd dealt with at BFest and them being SHOCKED at my age. There are definitely some great ones out there, and you're right, it's not fair to completely discount kids. To be honest, I never really revealed my age when I dealt with people. I simply made sure I was responsible, always shipped models out within a couple days, always sent payment when I said I would! But I do think the best way to protect yourself and still allow kids to help the hobby grow is simply to request parental responsibility with regards to deals with minors - especially for custom orders! Because sellers do need to protect themselves from bad deals - most don't do it enough.

Of course, everyone sets their own policies. Personally, I'd have no problem dealing with minors who I've spoken with and feel I can trust - like Sara, or Evelyn, or heck, anyone who presents themselves maturely! If I get an email from someone and can't tell their age immediately, that's a good sign to me...it says they're mature, responsible people who are serious about the deal!

I agree to all that you said! In most cases the sellers don't protect themselves enough or don't protect themselves in the right way. I didn't reveal my age for a good long time before I had a good reputation and wanted to buy my first piece from Tracy. I explained to Tracy (first complimented) on her horse, then we got talking, I told her my age and after talking to me and getting to know me she didn't have a problem.

I think every hobbiest should have a policy that's set in epoxy! Pretty final, but the rough edges can be sanded down as seen fit or added onto. You know? Cheers for hobby related analogies!

d060301
12-05-2004, 01:08 AM
Though true, is it fair to let one or two ruin it for everyone else?
I think it's not fair that a few specific people ruin it for everyone else (and that people tend to hold it against every person thereafter), but it does happen, and it's not just limited to selling/buying model horses either...:upset

LaughingStockStables
12-05-2004, 11:34 AM
I'm glad you guys understand..... :hugg I try so hard to have a good reputation in this hobby! I think it's harder for kids than adults to do that, because I think adults automatically want to trust other adults.

I love and trust Blabbers, kids AND adults :blahblah

Hellen
12-05-2004, 05:14 PM
I have to agree with you though, Sara. Like I said before in my posts, its one- not all. If you all in the community want to break from minors the community will die off. Hate to break it, but minors are important. Minor = Major in this community. Its one of those Children are our Future deals. I will not hesitate to go to someone not accepting offers from minors on something I want and tell them I will give them references, people to talk to, and my parents. I truly believe its those dealing with the minors without asking for references, parents, etcetera at fault. =x. So please BE RESPONSIBLE, as you should be, with minors and adults alike. Minors are able to create speedy, efficient transactions just like adults, and flunk out on some just like some adults.

I agree with you Daphne, but then why can I at thirteen go into a store and buy a model without my mom there? I don't get it. That's doing business, right? So what's the difference? (Thats in a truly curious tone, not defensive in the slightest. :yes )
Great post! :cheer :yourock

kidwitch
12-05-2004, 05:24 PM
Great post! :cheer :yourock
Thanks Hellen!
:roses

Renee527
12-05-2004, 06:10 PM
Though true, is it fair to let one or two ruin it for everyone else? I know for a fact that there are adults that can't be trusted. I know people should have a good reputation and references but those that can offer SHOULD be given the benefit of the doubt as a good person.

Sorry, for me it has been way more than "1 or 2" ..and I repeat.. again.. ( I feel like a broken record.. assuming you young folks know what a record album is.. grin).. I am not opposed to selling to minors, I just want to make sure their parents are privvy to their dealings.

Renee527
12-05-2004, 06:13 PM

There are adults I won't deal with either. Not a single person on here is reading what I am writing or comprehending it.. or perhaps they are choosing not to comprehend it...

I'm done (throws hands up).

kidwitch
12-05-2004, 06:35 PM
Renee by no means am I ignoring what you are writing. I read what you said and comprehended it. I know that their adults some don't deal with, but does it stop SOME (not you, not anyone really in this thread, but some people) from dealing with adults all together? Also, I totally agree that parents should know what their children are doing, buying, etcetera.

And yup, got a record player I'm moving from downstairs to my room so I can rock out to the good ol' Beatles albums! =D

But Renee, PLEASE don't feel people were ignoring you. I replied to it, so really how could I reply without reading it and comprehending it? =P Maybe I didn't fully get what you meant, and I'm sorry if I at all come off like I've got a thorn in my side. *nods*

Renee527
12-05-2004, 06:39 PM
But Renee, PLEASE don't feel people were ignoring you. I replied to it, so really how could I reply without reading it and comprehending it? =P Maybe I didn't fully get what you meant, and I'm sorry if I at all come off like I've got a thorn in my side. *nods*

no problem. I don't own a record player or ANY albums anymore.. sadly they all got dumped at the goodwill 10 years or more ago.
I am always totally 21st century with my electronics and recordings ... everything I had on records I now have on CD's :lol

kidwitch
12-05-2004, 06:49 PM
no problem. I don't own a record player or ANY albums anymore.. sadly they all got dumped at the goodwill 10 years or more ago.
I am always totally 21st century with my electronics and recordings ... everything I had on records I now have on CD's :lol
LOL. That's awesome. I love old things though. Its pretty cool!