PDA

View Full Version : Rep question

laughingmareacres
12-24-2006, 10:31 AM
Regarding something that was mentioned in the "Bashing" thread (http://www.modelhorseblab.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41968) (specifically around the 290s)

If I remember correctly, rep is disabled in the games forum. Is it possible to disable it in the intro forum as well? It seems weird that someone can get maxed out on rep just for saying "hi".

booker81
12-24-2006, 10:39 AM
I think post counts are disabled in the games forum.

The reason someone can get maxxed so fast is that some folks have a lot of rep, and the amount you give is related to how much you have. Some folks can max someone out with just one rep.

:)

flicksmom
12-25-2006, 02:18 PM
Yes, post counts are disabled in the games forum. And yes, someone can max out someone else with very few people giving them rep. It all ties into how much rep you yourself have.

I'll let the mod group know about your request Lori!

Teresa

Elf
12-25-2006, 03:40 PM
Thanks for posting this, I was wondering to :)

laughingmareacres
12-26-2006, 09:02 PM

Ah... I knew something was disabled in the games forum :lol

I'll let the mod group know about your request Lori!

Teresa

Thanks!

Elf
01-24-2007, 02:39 PM
The reason someone can get maxxed so fast is that some folks have a lot of rep, and the amount you give is related to how much you have. Some folks can max someone out with just one rep.

So, if someone has red squares and gives you a good rep, will you get anything? If someone with top good rep, gives you a bad rep, will it be worse?
I am still wanting to learn more about rep. :)

Kristi Hale
01-24-2007, 02:41 PM

Bow before my power!!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAAAA

Er... :2spy

Kristi Hale
01-24-2007, 02:42 PM
So, if someone has red squares and gives you a good rep, will you get anything? If someone with top good rep, gives you a bad rep, will it be worse?
Yes.

Beyondanytherapy
01-24-2007, 02:42 PM

:roflmao

:bow

Elf
01-24-2007, 03:00 PM

:bolt

Roseridge
01-24-2007, 05:47 PM

:bow :bow :bow

Yoda
01-24-2007, 09:15 PM
If I remember correctly, rep is disabled in the games forum.

As the others said the post count is disabled in the games forum however you CAN still give rep in the games forum. I have gotten rep there before.

Kristi Hale
01-24-2007, 10:08 PM
You will all respect my mega-repping powers!

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a220/ErinGoBragh915/cats/laser.jpg

mysticwarrior620
01-24-2007, 10:18 PM
OMG! I love it!! :bow :bow :roflmao :roflmao
Kitty has hex vision!

Elf
01-26-2007, 02:12 PM
Sweet! That is so cool!

LaughingStockStables
04-09-2007, 02:23 PM
So if someone ever gave me a red one, would that take away any of my massive pointage?

Robin
04-09-2007, 02:44 PM
Another rep question, while we're at it:

It seems like half of the members here are maxed out on rep. Is there any way to change the setting on the values so that there is more flexibility and room to go? It's not an *important* thing, of course, but everyone loves seeing their rep go up, and that green visual is the best way to share it! Just a thought...

Landshark
04-09-2007, 02:54 PM
What does that mean "maxed out on rep"? Do you mean someone can only get and / or receive so much rep?

Another question while we're at it.... when I hover over rep levels of members there are cute little messages. Do those messages just rotate or do you get certain messages at certain levels of rep?

mysticwarrior620
04-09-2007, 03:00 PM
What does that mean "maxed out on rep"? Do you mean someone can only get and / or receive so much rep?

Another question while we're at it.... when I hover over rep levels of members there are cute little messages. Do those messages just rotate or do you get certain messages at certain levels of rep?
Those little messages change at certain levels of rep. I believe the last message you can receive is "(insert name here) is loved by all". That hits at, I think, 45000 points. You can continue to receive rep, but your message and the little dots remain the same.

Landshark
04-09-2007, 03:09 PM
Those little messages change at certain levels of rep. I believe the last message you can receive is "(insert name here) is loved by all". That hits at, I think, 45000 points. You can continue to receive rep, but your message and the little dots remain the same.

I thought my message had gone back and forth..... but you don't lose reputation, correct, unless someone leaves negative...? I will have to check out the messages. I think they are really cute!

mysticwarrior620
04-09-2007, 03:12 PM
As far as I know, you can only lose rep if someone negs you. :)

flicksmom
04-09-2007, 08:42 PM
I don't believe you can lose huge amounts of rep for negative reps but then, with so many of us with huge amounts of rep, it's only a blip on the radar. :)

Teresa

Mary
04-20-2007, 10:30 PM
This would be a good FAQ topic (http://www.modelhorseblab.com/forums/faq.php?faq=17#faq_new_reputation). :)

Here's an excerpt from the manual on reputation:

"Users gain and lose reputation based on how their posts are scored by other forum participants. Users with the ability to affect reputation, will either give or take aways points by approving or disapproving with a post's content."

-Users get a hi-how-are-ya reputation of 10 points when they first register.
-Users must have a minimum 10 posts and 10 points for reputation hits to count. So, a newbie with 10 posts can give rep, unless they loose the 10 rep points they started with.

Users are allowed to give 25 rep clicks within a 24-hour period.
You have to give 10 other people rep before you can give the same person rep again.

Everyone with the minimum 10 posts and 10 points, and no "boost" factors, gives 1 rep point for each rep click.

Boosting rep power:
+1 for every 365 days of membership (extra 1 point per year)
+1 for every 1,000 posts
+1 for every 100 points of reputation

So ... someone who has been a member for 2+ years, has 2,200 posts, and 50 rep points will give this many rep points each time they rep someone:
2 for 2+ years
2 for 2,200 posts
0 for rep points
-------
4 rep points for each rep click

The list of rep titles are based on the number of rep points. The list is VERY long with many more steps than the list below, but here are a few excepts ...

100 posts on Blab a LOT!
500 is a splendid one to behold
1,000 needs to get off the computer and sell the horses quick!
10,000 is a permanent Blab fixture and needs to be dusted
20,000 must have hacked his/her rep score to get this high.
35,000 goes to Blab Anonymous Meetings to cope with their addiction
45,000 is loved by all

45,000 is the max shown by the titles.

So, yes, with the title Loved By All, with every rep click Kristi Hale bestows 45 for her rep + 13 for her post count + 2 for her membership length = 60 KRISTI HALE REP POINTS. :zow It's like winning the lottery! Kind of! :bow

Yes, those "levels" and titles, and the amount of points given for the various factors, are set manually. I haven't edited them, I think those are the ones that have been there for quite awhile. If some Rep Divas (and that could be anyone, even with rep less than 10 :wink) wanted to play with the factor awards and the title levels for fun and make some suggestions, I'd be wide open to some tailoring. Would like to validate it with the members generally before finalizing the changes ... but hey why not. :grin At the least we could add more stratospheric levels than Loved By All. :)

Kristi Hale
04-20-2007, 11:03 PM
So, yes, with the title Loved By All, with every rep click Kristi Hale bestows 45 for her rep + 13 for her post count + 2 for her membership length = 60 KRISTI HALE REP POINTS. :zow It's like winning the lottery! Kind of! :bow
I so rule this place.

LaughingStockStables
04-21-2007, 11:08 AM
:bow Kristi

Mary, does that mean you could make more messages? It doesn't HAVE to stop at 45,000? Could it go on forever like the song that never ends? :D

Elf
04-21-2007, 03:42 PM
Yes, could it?
I always like to look at what it says for me :grin I love Little funny messages ;)

Morgen
04-21-2007, 06:59 PM
I am laughing to death here but where is MY rep I see in my profile coming from??

Testing now to see if it's what I get with a post too...

Morgen
04-21-2007, 07:00 PM
Yup, says so here too: "Morgen Wishes they had BettyBarBandit's rep score"

And so I DO now of course you know - hahaha! :lol

Man O War
04-21-2007, 07:01 PM
I am laughing to death here but where is MY rep I see in my profile coming from??

Testing now to see if it's what I get with a post too...

That's hilarious! :haha

Morgen
04-21-2007, 07:02 PM
Btw, if I could still talk to management I would sit them all down and demand to know who did that. :nono ;)

(my guess is Hellen? she is the wiley one you know.. ;) )

Morgen
04-21-2007, 07:08 PM
I am going to do the antithesis of begging and plead no one give me more..! I fear it will change when I get to 45000.. sorry ManOWar.. but you can bet I'll try to remember to check other folk's reps too now! :D

Mary
04-21-2007, 07:18 PM
:bow Kristi

Mary, does that mean you could make more messages? It doesn't HAVE to stop at 45,000? Could it go on forever like the song that never ends? :D
It could. :shocked :grin

Man O War
04-21-2007, 07:24 PM
:yeahthat
Starts chanting: More messages, more messages, more messages......! :grin

wobbler_kitty
04-21-2007, 07:30 PM
Well,... you asked.....

:grin

Man O War
04-21-2007, 07:34 PM
I LOVE it! It will make me giggle everytime I see it :lol

wobbler_kitty
04-21-2007, 08:08 PM
We'll let that one settle in and think of some more schtuff. :twisted

Mary
04-21-2007, 08:14 PM
Anyone feel free to volunteer ideas. :idea

And, ideas about rep points. Hopefully something less complicated than advanced calculus.

Ideas welcome! Post 'em here. :bloom:

Intothesunstudio
04-22-2007, 07:01 AM
More messages would be neat. I've definitely surpassed, 45,000 rep points. :haha I do enjoy seeing how high my points go on occasion, although i like the rep messages people leave me even more!

Man O War
04-22-2007, 10:52 AM
:idea I think I got one or two.

"{Insert Blab name here} dreams of model horses at night"

"{Insert Blab name here} names their pets after resins" (I admit this one is a little weird :D)

Man O War
04-23-2007, 06:39 PM
Yup, says so here too: "Morgen Wishes they had BettyBarBandit's rep score"

And so I DO now of course you know - hahaha! :lol
Speaking of BBB, anyone know where she is? I just checked her profile and it says her last post was on the 3rd :( Is everything okay?

LaughingStockStables
05-11-2007, 04:57 PM
"Schools n00bs all day" :roflmao