PDA

View Full Version : Blab News! New Mods! Wait there's more!

Mary
02-18-2007, 04:39 PM
:woohoo A few quiet changes are going on at Blab. It’s been hard to not mention this for the past three weeks. :tapemouth :wink Policy and all that is about the same. Great news about people and activities for 2007 …

FAQ
We’ve updated it. It’s not introducing any policy changes, but it’s a bit re-organized and easier to read. Huge thanks to primary author flicksmom aka Teresa Buzzell and the entire mod team for the new and improved FAQ! See the link in the blue bar at the top of the forum.

Evelyn kidwitch is writing a Youth FAQ, not yet added though. No publish date yet. Thanks Evelyn! :)

Mods
Please welcome two new members of the management team! Of course moderators also enjoy being Regular Blabbers, they just get to add the amazing fun of raising a moderation point now and again …

New SupahMods:

mariannas aka Marianna – Marianna joined Blab in 2004, and is a financial person for a celebrity chef. She’s been a collector all her life, and has been and is again involved in showing and pedigree assignment.

ramiethepeep aka Ramie (yes her name is Ramie!) – Ramie has been a Blabber for just over a year, and brings a fresh perspective. She just finished her BFA and is pursuing a career as a graphic designer. She paints things other than models, and models, too. She also sculpts, and has saltwater fish.

Ramie and Marianna have already had a little time in the management forum ... we are very excited to have them on board! :woohoo

And we’ve already announced a great team of new Youth Mods for the Youth Forum. :woohoo
We thank them for helping provide our younger members with a Blab experience especially for them.

Youth Mods:
NaradaOF – Ellie
kidwitch – Evelyn
LaughingStockStables - Sara

One more new name you’ll see on the forum mod lists:
Sparky
Sparky will be a common mailbox for all post reports. He MIGHT have something to say about moderating …
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c275/mhhorses/Other%20pictures/SparkyMod_postsmall.jpg

The wonderful place Blab is today is thanks to founder Heather and Heather’s mod team. Several of our long-serving mods are ready to take on new roles.

All of the management team will continue offering their invaluable assistance in the many areas including mod advice and non-moderating things such as contests, administrative tasks ...

So the management team is …

SupahMods: :thumbsup

wobbler_kitty – Melissa
Chrome Lotus - Kris
flicksmom – Teresa
mariannas – Marianna
ramiethepeep - Ramie

Blab Policy Wonks: :2spy
Mod and management, with less assigned moderating

BearsNBugs – Tina
Griffin - Shanna

Team Woohoo! :woohoo
Non-moderating management, such as contests, admin activites, and general stuff

Arabian Acres – Liz
Hellen – Hellen

Youth Mods: :thumbsup

NaradaOF – Ellie
kidwitch – Evelyn
LaughingStockStables - Sara

Sparky the mod mailbox – maybe posting?

and especially Founder and always a management support

Heather !

And – me (Mary.) :grin Doing technical stuff, mod stuff, planning stuff … and less time lurking, more posting … :)

Wonderful moderators and Blab friends, Morgen and ryllina (Ashley) , are ready to move on and spend more time with the rest of their lives and hobby activities. With the warmest thanks and good wishes Morgen and Ashley will remain Blab Forever Friends. Morgen says she has some Blab ideas she may want to do … :)

Contests 2007!
New ones are coming up … hope you’ll like the prizes! Keep an eye out for the re-emergence of the Contests forum!

Blab Chat!
Now located in Real World as its own forum. Will shortly have a display showing who’s on. And more rooms! And cool stuff!
http://www.modelhorseblab.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=115

Gallery and Classifieds
Still in progress for restoration. (All the old pics are still there, I’ve seen them.) The license has to be re-purchased, and some general fixes. Expect it will return substantially as it was.

Upgrade to Blab forum software
How I hope this will occur seamlessly and painlessly in the background! :wink And that any downtime will be limited and overnight. Very little change should occur to the forums and even the display – that’s the seamless / painless part. It will mostly improve administration and security. The date isn’t scheduled, will keep you informed with the time comes.

That's the news! I hope you are all as excited and thrilled as I am to welcome Ramie and Marianna to the Blab management team!
:woohoo :woohoo :woohoo :woohoo

ramiethepeep
02-18-2007, 04:43 PM
:D Hello!

Man O War
02-18-2007, 04:50 PM
Thanks for posting the update Mary! And congrats to the new Mods! :woohoo
I'm so excited to hear more about the contests :grin

mariannas
02-18-2007, 04:51 PM
:hello
Hi everyone!

DraytonWoods
02-18-2007, 05:09 PM
Congrats to the new mods, and thanks for the much needed update! I'm sure this will go a long way toward making progress!

brumby988
02-18-2007, 05:13 PM
Congrats to the new mods, and thanks for the much needed update! I'm sure this will go a long way toward making progress!

:yeahthat

Janis
02-18-2007, 05:16 PM
I really appreciate this "newsletter" format. It helps keeps things organized and understandable in this community. Perhaps we should consider some kind of monthly check-in that mirrors this? I'd be up for writing it if people wanted to send me the information that needs to be included. Thanks, Mary.

AdirondackAppy
02-18-2007, 05:17 PM
:woohoo I'm absolutely pumped! Welcome to everyone "new" and thanks for stepping up- I'm not so sure I could do it!

Leesa
02-18-2007, 05:17 PM
So basically, we just lost another two mods, but two have been put on, so we're all good?

Stacy
02-18-2007, 05:21 PM
Thank you Mary for the update. It is good to know that Ryllina has been taken off here finally, she hasn't been on in a year and has been brought up on a couple boards for not sending horses... Didn't look to good IMHO to have her as a mod.

I'm glad that there are two new mods. While I personally think we need more than that, I'm very happy to hear that something was done. It really makes things easyer.

I agree, this would be nice to read on a regular basis, I mean heck, we are paying $18 a year per person for a board that only costs a fraction of that to keep up, I think it would be a great perk to get something like this.

Thanks Mary and welcome to the new mods.

Mary
02-18-2007, 05:27 PM
So basically, we just lost another two mods, but two have been put on, so we're all good?
Some of the mods have been less active, as this is really an addition to the overall mod time to be spent on Blab. Marianna and Ramie are full of courage and enthusiasm for the role! :woohoo

Schnauzer
02-18-2007, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the great update, Mary. I had no idea there was as much administrative structure as you outlined. I'm impressed. Welcome to the new mods. Woo Hoo!
Ann

Lynda Gillette
02-18-2007, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the update Mary! I would also like to say congrats to the new mods!

Ponypainter
02-18-2007, 06:01 PM
Welcome to the new SupahMods! :bow :roses Your job aint easy, but is mucho appreciated.

Thank you also for the admin updates, Mary! :)

Morgen
02-18-2007, 06:26 PM
Not really. I've been extremely inactive due to very patchy and distracted computer time in the past year and a half. So I would consider myself half a mod if that in recent times.. ryllina (Ashley) however has been almost absent from Blab due (for a few years now I think? wow time flies!!) to her new family :adore and working a LOT and having almost no time for blab.. if you check out her profile you'll notice she last posted in any discussion way back in Sept. ;)

SO really you are getting two new mods in essence.

I wouldn't treat it like a small effort on Mary and the rest of the team's part: It takes a lot of work to get someone up to speed. I'm sure they'll continue to try and increase things too. Honest, the glass is MORE than half full.
:thumbsup guys!!!

As I said in the Multiple Threads thread, modding for me is extremely awkward due to professional reasons. Also, I have no hobby "fun" time anywhere anymore it seems and I am very excited to step down and let fresh blood take over and just go back to being a regular ole member again! :)

Yoda
02-18-2007, 06:57 PM
Congrats to Marianna and Ramie! Glad to hear they are full of courage!

Is it just me or...

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b145/ilovestandardbreds/SparkyMod_postsmall.jpg

Does Sparky remind anybody else of the Tribbles from Star Trek?

HorseChick
02-18-2007, 06:59 PM
Congrats to the new Mods. Both are wecome additions, IMO.

Congrats to Morgan, as well. You'll have more time to concentrate on sculpting, painting and having fun here :grin

cheseri
02-18-2007, 07:26 PM
Congrats to the new mods, very well chosen people :thumbsup ! I agree a quick newsletter like this once a month just to keep us regular people up to date on the general behind-the-scenes stuff would be very much appreciated. :yes

Mary
02-18-2007, 07:34 PM
Congrats to Marianna and Ramie! Glad to hear they are full of courage!

Is it just me or...

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b145/ilovestandardbreds/SparkyMod_postsmall.jpg

You'll have to ask Hellen ... he's one of her pets ... or he lives under her porch ... or she found him stuck to a light socket ... or something! Hellen gets the well-deserved credit for Sparky. :grin

Mary
02-18-2007, 07:35 PM
That's a good idea from several people on a behind-the-scenes update once a month. Can be done! :)

wobbler_kitty
02-18-2007, 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by Yoda

Is it just me or...

You'll have to ask Hellen ... he's one of her pets ... or he lives under her porch ... or she found him stuck to a light socket ... or something! Hellen gets the well-deserved credit for Sparky. :grin

I hear if you throw water on him, he multiplies.

Mary
02-18-2007, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by Yoda

Is it just me or...
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c275/mhhorses/Other%20pictures/SparkyMod_postsmall.jpg

Originally Posted by Mary
You'll have to ask Hellen ... he's one of her pets ... or he lives under her porch ... or she found him stuck to a light socket ... or something! Hellen gets the well-deserved credit for Sparky.

Originally Posted by wobbler_kitty
I hear if you throw water on him, he multiplies.

I remember now. Hellen said (yes she did) that she made him out of the threads she unravelled from her prison uniform. Yeah, that was it. :yes

Gotta find Hellen so she can verify that ... :evilwoo

mysticwarrior620
02-18-2007, 10:19 PM
I remember now. Hellen said (yes she did) that she made him out of the threads she unravelled from her prison uniform. Yeah, that was it. :yes

Prison uniform or straightjacket? :D

champlain
02-18-2007, 10:33 PM
Is Hellen's uniform orange?

wobbler_kitty
02-18-2007, 10:43 PM
Orange and gold jumpsuit.

GryffinRook
02-18-2007, 11:04 PM
Can't wait for the contests!! Bring 'em on! And congrats to the new mods.
meg

Danelle
02-18-2007, 11:11 PM
What wonderful news -- thank you, Mary, and congratulations and HUGE thanks to all of you!

-- Danelle

jodcold
02-18-2007, 11:40 PM
Congrats to the new mods and thanks to the former mods!

Looking forward to exciting times here at the Blab.

Shinypony
02-19-2007, 01:26 AM
Thanks for the update and THANKS FOR MAKING A PROMINENT ANNOUNCEMENTS FORUM!

I have to say, I've missed important announcements in the past, just because I wasn't checking into the Arena always. I like it much better to see a prominently featured Blab announcements forum, LOL! 'Specially since I don't always get to Blab as often as I like and sometimes I am only just checking in on a very few forums these days!

Cynthia Perry

Nightmare
02-19-2007, 05:38 AM
Congrats to the MODs everyone - let the good times roll!

Lucy Eagle
02-19-2007, 09:05 AM
Sweet! :woohoo

I agree- this forum here is something to keep around.

kyg
02-19-2007, 11:25 AM
Maybe now all the stickys that are cluttering up the tops of various forums like the Arena, can all be moved to this Annoumcements forum. It would be nice to not have to scroll past them anymore, to get to the actual forum threads!

timberwolf
02-19-2007, 12:50 PM
Congratulations to Ramie and Marianna. Glad to hear that Morgen will still be around too. Thank you for the update. Onwards and upwards.

Shinypony
02-19-2007, 06:53 PM
Maybe now all the stickys that are cluttering up the tops of various forums like the Arena, can all be moved to this Annoumcements forum. It would be nice to not have to scroll past them anymore, to get to the actual forum threads!

Yeah, I think that would be a very good idea!

At any rate, congrats to all the new mods, forgot to say that before!

Cynthia

mysticwarrior620
02-19-2007, 06:56 PM
Blab rocks on!! :rocker Go new mods! Go new admin! :thumbsup

breyerhorselover!!
02-19-2007, 06:57 PM
Congrats on the new mods! Can't wait to hear more updates :)

Hellen
02-19-2007, 08:24 PM

http://www.sparkyferguson.net/modelhorses/images/5348.jpg

:evilwoo

Yoda
02-19-2007, 09:02 PM
http://www.sparkyferguson.net/modelhorses/images/5348.jpg

:evilwoo

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b145/ilovestandardbreds/thnotworthy1.gif

Wendy
02-20-2007, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the updates and Hooray!! for the newest Supah-Mods!!!!

bahannas
02-20-2007, 08:34 PM
Woohoo! Mary, it looks great!

Prairie Dream
02-21-2007, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the updates, and congratulations to the new mods! I personally like having moderation (when not done with an iron fist), and I think these new ones will do a great job!

ramiethepeep
02-21-2007, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the updates, and congratulations to the new mods! I personally like having moderation (when not done with an iron fist), and I think these new ones will do a great job!

... is an iron claw okay? :D