PDA

View Full Version : Moving Posts

Florian
02-26-2007, 03:35 PM
I've nothing against moving posts but something came to mind that may help newcomers that are not paid participants.

When I joined BLAB I was not a paid participant, and since I was new to the hobby as well, many of my posts were in the wrong forums and were moved.

I was a little bewildered. Where had my post gone? Had I used incorrect language? I hadn't a clue (and yes, I had read the FAQs before posting). I had looked forward to seeing my questions answered and was at a loss to understand where they had vanished.

A little later I did become a paid participant, and while I'm still learning the ropes as to what goes where I can now generally track down where my post went by clicking on my forwarded post "caption".

But what is a new blabber - who isn't a paid participant - to think when he/she sees that their post has been moved. Moved W H E R E? ? ?

So, would it be possible to see what forum the post moved to? Then at least the blabber would know what forum to visit and go there -- if his/her membership permitted entry into that particular forum.

Thank you!

Beyondanytherapy
02-26-2007, 04:04 PM
I think that's a great idea, if it's possible. That way, once they do become a paid member, they may have a better idea of where their posts should go.

Honestly, I was expecting another "do we have to move the non-paying members posts" kind of thing, but this idea is very worthwhile.

For The Love Of Horses
03-06-2007, 08:07 PM
I like that idea to! I had trouble finding where my posted where moved to allso when I first began.