PDA

View Full Version : How to Searches

Putz2085
03-03-2007, 01:35 PM
I know as many of the other beginners that it is hard to start a thread asking how to... because we will get referenced to another thread or be told to search the forums.

Well, when you use the search feature it omits "How" and "to", so then you get a million threads rather than a few when we search for "How to paint eyes". Can we change that? Or can someone give me suggestions for when I use the search feature, because I'm a lazy person who doesn't want to sift through 100 threads to find what I'm looking for :randommil ...Thanks in advance
Breanna

laughingmareacres
03-04-2007, 03:23 PM
I wish I had an answer. I've been frustrated in the past by the search "feature". It ignores words of 3 (or 4?) letters or less. Unfortunately, a lot of our hobby terms are three letters! Like POA, MFT, BF, etc. And on, and on, and on...

Anyone know if the board's software can be tweaked? I'd love to see more advanced searching options.

You can limit the search to a certain forum, which might help if you're looking for paining eyes (to use your example). This can be done either by using the "advanced search feature" from the search tab on the main forum page, or there's a "search this forum" tab once you get into the forum.

One thing I do if I find a thread I think I'll need to use later - I subscribe to it. Once you're in a thread, there's a tab for "thread tools". From there you can subscribe. Then to see it later, go into the "UserCP" tab (there's also a link to view all subscribed threads). FYI, as soon as you post in a thread, you're automatically subscribed.

I hope I've helped a least a little!

Carringal
03-05-2007, 10:00 AM
Thanks a lot for the information, Lori, you answered a lot of my queries too.

laughingmareacres
03-05-2007, 12:50 PM
Thanks a lot for the information, Lori, you answered a lot of my queries too.

Glad I could help!

Putz2085
03-06-2007, 11:21 PM
I have to agree with you Lori I wish we could hack the system and get new searching programing. When I can search for Big Ben its a problem. I love the idea of subscribing to threads I like though that was a great suggestion Thank you :D