PDA

View Full Version : Premier Prepping Mike Kuiper HUGE RED LIGHt

tljwickett
11-28-2004, 11:12 PM
Huge flashing red light and two thumbs WAY down for Mike Kuiper of Premier Prepping, Manistee Michigan. I have been fortunate enough to get ALMOST all of my resins back that I shipped to him for prepping. I have struggled to get my resins back for many months, trying my best to get through this in the most amiacable way possible but I am not getting satisfaction from Mike. In April of 2004 he said he had completed two resins, he sent me an email with the amount for prepping these two resins plus the shipping amount. I paid for the prepping and shipping in full on April 24, 2004. I STILL DO NOT HAVE MY RESINS! I contacted Mike by phone (repeatedly) starting in late September. At that time he had five resins left of mine in his possession. I finally was able to get him to ship the three that I asked him to send unprepped. I gave him a deadline of the end of October to get the two "prepped" resins to me and the artist they were to go to. He told me my deadline was unreasonable. Correct me if I am out of line, but these two resins were ones I had paid for prepping and shipping SIX MONTHS ago. He had time to ship three resins he didn't have to bother prepping but he can't ship out the two he claims to have prepped (and that he charged me for). He no longer answers phone calls or emails. So I have contacted the Manistee Police Department and a detective has been assigned to the case as well as I have compiled all my information and documentation to be submitted to the Michigan State Attorney General. If anyone else is having a problem with getting their models back from Mike Kuiper please email me privately and I will forward the contact information for the detective assinged the case and the website address where online complaints against business in the state of Michigan can be filed. I had hoped that this whole issue could be resolved without going public but since Mike refuses to send my resins I see no other options.
Judith Kingsbury

Hellen
11-29-2004, 12:55 AM
Interesting He is a tough one to get a hold of by phone, also. I've tried many times to get him to talk to me. Even offered to have him call me collect.

I do hope that everything gets resolved somehow

triplebdesigns
11-29-2004, 11:21 AM
Congrats to you Judy for holding your ground and taking action!

He had a resin of mine for nearly a year....when I filed mail fraud, he sent it right away - and I consider myself one of the lucky ones.

Keep us posted and I'll cross my fingers for you that you get your horses back.

FOR THOSE WHO CAN'T GET THEIR HORSES BACK:
If you contact the detective that Judy has gotten in touch with, the detective may be able to get possession of the items and then you can get them through the police department. It's worth a try!

AnnArrogance
11-29-2004, 03:36 PM
I'm having issues with Julie! I've been emailing her since January about my EJI, and cannot get a hold of her for the life of me! I totallly understand if she's backed up on painting, but I just want to hear something from her!

Beth B
11-29-2004, 06:59 PM
I'm having issues with Julie! I've been emailing her since January about my EJI, and cannot get a hold of her for the life of me! I totallly understand if she's backed up on painting, but I just want to hear something from her!

I would send her a letter to her last known address; stating that if you do not get some kind of communications from her either by phone, e-mail or snail mail about your resin as you had to scratch him from several shows that you had planned on putting him in, you will be filing mail fraud charges, even if he was not painted, I want my model and my money back or if my model is painted, my model back. That will nudge her to send a letter to you letting you know it's either painted and she lost your snail mail address or that she's working on your model now.

Beth

tljwickett
12-08-2004, 04:55 PM

Personally I haven't had any more luck with Julie than with Mike. I did not have any direct communication with her for over eighteen months. Now she ignores phone calls and emails too. I finally told the detective about my problems with her too. I am encouraging anyone having problems with either Mike or Julie to contact Det. John Riley of the Manistee Police Dept at jriley@ci.manistee.mi.us He is the one handling the case and I am urging everyone I can that is having problems to contact him.
Good luck otherwise!
Judi

Renee527
12-08-2004, 08:24 PM
Personally I haven't had any more luck with Julie than with Mike. I did not have any direct communication with her for over eighteen months. Now she ignores phone calls and emails too. I finally told the detective about my problems with her too. I am encouraging anyone having problems with either Mike or Julie to contact Det. John Riley of the Manistee Police Dept at jriley@ci.manistee.mi.us He is the one handling the case and I am urging everyone I can that is having problems to contact him.
Good luck otherwise!
Judi

You'll understand the phrase "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree" if you had been one of the many people 'taken' by Dolly Cook ....

tljwickett
12-09-2004, 11:14 AM
You'll understand the phrase "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree" if you had been one of the many people 'taken' by Dolly Cook ....

Judi Kingbsury

cranbonite
12-09-2004, 12:05 PM
She's Julie's mother, and apparently a pretty notorious ROA herself...

ryllina
12-09-2004, 05:57 PM
Speaking of preppers...

Does anyone have any contact info for Tammy Breckenridge? She's had 7 of my expensive horses for over a year... looking to talk to her and try and get them back.

mumtaz
12-09-2004, 06:15 PM
She's Julie's mother, and apparently a pretty notorious ROA herself...

No way!!! I didn't know that! :bolt

MBPearls
12-10-2004, 12:21 AM
I guess it's a good thing I taught myself how to prep my resins pretty good then... now to work on the whole painting thing... :haha

AnnArrogance
12-10-2004, 01:25 AM
Speaking of preppers...

Does anyone have any contact info for Tammy Breckenridge? She's had 7 of my expensive horses for over a year... looking to talk to her and try and get them back.

Ashley,

I have a couple addresses for her, but have had not luck with them. I tried to send her a certified letter to one of them, and it was returned. I tried calling the other number, but no answer. I finally gave up on the two she had of mine and rebought them. PM me and I'll send you what I have on her.

samantha k.
12-10-2004, 02:28 AM
Dang, this B.S. in the model horse hobby needs to STOP. People need to take the damn responsibility that's been handed to them and take it SERIOUSLY. I think it is SO unfair that people have to keep complaining about not getting their horses back, or getting any notifications or replies from the person with posession of the model. If people are going to be in the hobby to sell, buy, and in this case, prep, it needs to be done without hesitation that something could come up and cause a delay in getting the models back to the people who rightfully deserve them back, or sending a purchased model, or sending payment. And if there IS a chance of something "coming up" then they need to take a break BEFORE they recieve, buy, or sell the model. Sure, things are going to happen in life that cause stress, depression, lack of motivation, etc. etc., but if the situations and emotions can't be dealt with in a way that allows people to still take care of the responsibility they have with transactions of models with people, then by golly, maybe this isn't the hobby for THEM. Because as we can see, people are SERIOUS about getting their models. And hey, I think it's fine if the person is reputable and trusting and stays IN CONTACT with the person, and sure, a month or two delay is fine if something terrible has happened in the person's life, but I'd say more than half a year is just INEXCUSABLE!:mad

Judi, I really hope you get your models back soon, as well as anyone else who has been put in this situation.

*is done ranting* thank you for your time, lol.:~

Graciela
12-10-2004, 02:16 PM
Speaking of preppers...

I had several with Tammy to be sent later to Kathleen Kirch for painting. I waited MONTHS without contact from her, and then Kathleen notified me that the resins had been returned- unprepped. (We were going to pay after they wre done.) At least we got them!!

I hope the same goes for you, Ashley. :hugg

AnnArrogance
12-10-2004, 07:06 PM
Graciela,

Same thing here! I sent a Terminator and Sedona to Tammy to be sent to Kathleen in JANUARY for August/September slots. I was also supposed to pay when they were finished. You're lucky she sent yours to Kathleen, at least! Mine are still in limbo God knows where... maybe I'll get lucky and they'll turn up, but I'm not holding my breath. :sigh I finally gave up and found a new Terminator and Sedona. I'm glad you got yours back, at least! It gives me a small measure of hope (which I'm sure will soon be dashed).

ryllina
12-10-2004, 07:54 PM
She had nine of my horses.. sent two to Kathleen a year ago and still has the other seven. :(