PDA

View Full Version : Blab news - mumtaz joins the mod team!

Mary
04-14-2007, 10:16 AM
:woohoo More Blab news about people and activities for 2007 Ö

Mods
Please welcome mumtaz aka Kirsten Wellman to the mod team !
Kirsten is one of the very first ever Blabbers, joining in Blabís birthday month of September 2003. Those who know TB racing bloodlines know she chose her name from a great mare of the past, found in many important racing pedigrees. Please welcome Kirsten to the management team!

Hellen, a veteran Blab mod, has generously agreed to help out Blab with her technical skills. Very much appreciated, thanks so much Hellen!

:woohoo :woohoo :woohoo

FAQ
Updated once again! See the FAQ in the blue bar across the top of the forums. Iím gradually gathering all the old Blab rules not already in the FAQ and adding them to the Blab Specific Rules. Itís not introducing any policy changes, just gathering information in one place. Thanks to the entire mod team for their information and suggestions!

kidwitch aka Evelyn is writing a Youth FAQ. No publish date yet. Thanks Evelyn! :)

Contests 2007!
That last one was quite a challenge, wasnít it? Click here (http://www.modelhorseblab.com/MagicEye.jpg ) if you want to play with it some more Ö pick out the 72 models represented in that montage. (The contest is over, just for fun!) Congratulations to the winners Gaby, rainworks, Breyergirl and mamakaroti. Our international mods Chrome Lotus (Kris, U.K.) and Arabian Acres (Liz, Australia) put the montage together Ö using ingenuity and magic, I think. :) Thanks so much to all the mods who also put so much time into running the contest ... especially BearsnBugs (Tina) and wobbler_kitty (Melissa) and everybody!

New contests are coming up Ö hope youíll like the prizes! Keep an eye on the Contests forum! (HINT: KENTUCKY DERBY) :roses :horserun

Blab Chat!
Upgraded Ė no more random advertising for kinky dates! :lol Forum located in the Real World. Will be adding a display showing whoís on. And Ö hope to have some Chat Parties and Chat features. PM me if there is a particularly talented hobbyist youíd like to ask a dozen questions in a live chat. In any aspect of the hobby Ö collectability experts; live show holders; photo showers; historians; artists; preppers; performance prop builders Ö or just anyone at all! :yes

MHB Honey!
As you may remember from the last episode Ö the run was sent back to the factory for improvements in some color flaws. Several samples have been returned, and what an improvement! The run isnít ready yet but progress is being made. And I'm way behind confirming reservations ... but the reservation list is still in place, in the same order. :thumbsup As always, when I have an update Iíll post it in the Special Run forum. :)

ye olde Board of Inquiry has been renamed The Transactions Board
Thereís an explanatory post stickied at the top of the forum. There was a concern with a possible trademark issue with the name. And we took the opportunity to expand the scope of The Transactions Board to include general questions and requests for assistance that are not a specific report on a specific transaction. If the question is regarding a real transaction, just without the names, please do be sure that information is limited so the individual wonít be identified.

Gallery and Classifieds
Still in progress for restoration. (All the old pics are still there, Iíve seen them.) Will get there.

Ask a question, any time!
Questions about Blab, about a rule, about life? Iím available by PM or email mary@modelhorseblab.com. The mods are likewise more than happy to help. Please be patient with responses. If you would like a public answer to a post, please PM with the link to your posted question. With so many daily posts I and the mods don't begin to see them all. Even if I or a mod posted earlier in the thread it's possible we did not get back to the same thread. Caveat Ö not sure we can answer too many questions about life, but send the Blab ones along!

"Contact us" info can be found here (http://www.modelhorseblab.com/contact.htm). Eventually that should become a selection on the forum blue bar.

That's the news! I hope you will warmly welcome our old friend Mumtaz to her new role as mod!
:woohoo :woohoo :woohoo :woohoo

Altair
04-14-2007, 10:29 AM
Woohoo! :woohoo
Glad to see new changes are being made...way to go Mary!

And a big WELCOME to Kirsten as a new Mod... I am very happy to have her in such a position!

LaughingStockStables
04-14-2007, 10:34 AM
Yay Kirsten...this is a good thing :yes

Ponypainter
04-14-2007, 11:14 AM
Thanks for the updates, Mary!

Welcome to the Mod team Kirsten!! :cheer :woohoo