PDA

View Full Version : Anyone delt w' A. Merrie Buggs?

Jenn Miller
12-05-2004, 12:43 AM
I bought a porcelain sm from her off ebay and sent her a money order a LONG time ago and I got an invoice after the auction was over and that's it. The auction ended Nov 20th and to this day no sm, no email, no response. She's got 380 positive feedback w' 1 neutral not pertaining to shipping. I am worried, I requested her contact info from Ebay and will be giving her a call tomorrow. Anyone delt w' her!? Thanks!

Jenn

BearsnBugs
12-05-2004, 12:56 AM
I've sold to her and she paid very promptly. Haven't bought anything from her.

Tina

Jenn Miller
12-05-2004, 12:43 PM
I just keep getting her answering machine! Left message.....what should I do?

Wyyooper
12-05-2004, 12:47 PM
Sometimes emergencies come up and this could be one of those times. If you're just getting an answering machine, something could have happened where she had to leave town suddenly or maybe something happened to her. Maybe give her a couple of days and if you hear nothing, try again.

Jenn Miller
12-05-2004, 04:50 PM
Yeah, this has been going on ever since the auction closed on Nov 20th. IF she went out of town for family/holiday things I would have hoped she'd have the politness to email and say so! I am giving her til Friday as I told her on her message machine then I will leave negative feedback and contact ebay. I was VERY polite in my call just saying "Hi, asking about my sm. Wondering if he's been shipped please let me know I have tried several emails and gotten no response. Thank you I will not try and contact you after friday and will seek help through ebay, thanks again!

This ALWAYS happens to me! :wtf
Jenn

Wyyooper
12-05-2004, 07:18 PM
Yeah, it gets frustrating, doesn't it? I sold an item over a week ago, sent the buyer an invoice, email, along with what eBay sends them and so far, no payment and no contact. I know what you mean, the least they could do is contact you and tell you what is going on. And this person is 100% positive feedback. I'm going to give them a couple more days and then send a non-paying bidder notice and see what happens. I always try to give the person a chance, but my patience only goes so far.

Beth B
12-05-2004, 07:37 PM
Have you sent them an e-mail through eBay's mail server? It might be that your e-mail is being sent to the spam box instead of the inbox. Try that as well.

It might work as I had trouble with one of my sellers and I went through their mail server and it went through. But after I got a response, my e-mails went through, for I also added to my first e-mail that I have sent you couple e-mails and might want to check your spam box as they might be there. I got an e-mail back from her stating that I was correct that my e-mails were in her spam box and have been removed from the spam box.

I got my item really fast. I ended up buying from her at least three times after that.

Beth

Jenn Miller
12-06-2004, 01:54 AM
UPDATE:

A'Merrie was in a car accident, her husband didn't tell me when but she's got a pretty nasty back injury. Here's the email from him:

Hi, I got your message today. I apologize for the delay writing back. A'Merrie has a really bad back injury from a car accident, and was unable to get the packages out when she intended to. She received the money order on the day she left feedback for you, but we didn't finally get all the auction items packed and mailed out until last Friday. Your box was mailed then, so it should be there in a couple of days. She hasn't even been up to checking email...so I apologize for not replying right away. She has always been known for her speed in shipping, and great customer service, and I'm really sorry for the inconvenience, sincerely, Tony (A'Merrie's Husband)

So, everything is hunky dory now! I wished her well and I will call tomorrow and say the same thing!

Jenn

Renee527
12-06-2004, 09:55 AM
I bought a porcelain sm from her off ebay and sent her a money order a LONG time ago and I got an invoice after the auction was over and that's it. The auction ended Nov 20th and to this day no sm, no email, no response. She's got 380 positive feedback w' 1 neutral not pertaining to shipping. I am worried, I requested her contact info from Ebay and will be giving her a call tomorrow. Anyone delt w' her!? Thanks!

Jenn

I did read about the car accident (of course *after* I posted this)

Some things to consider around the holidays:
Could be they were away for Thanksgiving. Honestly if the auction ended Nov 20th, they likely didn't get your MO until the week of Thanksgiving. Perhaps they didn't even deal with packing and shipping until this past week.
Based on her feedback, I wouldn't worry about it.

I bought something via PayPal almost a month ago (11/10) and still do not have it, but it's coming from England. I do know the individuals I am buying from so I am not worried -- impatient.. but not worried.

Renee527
12-06-2004, 10:00 AM
Yeah, it gets frustrating, doesn't it? I sold an item over a week ago, sent the buyer an invoice, email, along with what eBay sends them and so far, no payment and no contact. I know what you mean, the least they could do is contact you and tell you what is going on. And this person is 100% positive feedback. I'm going to give them a couple more days and then send a non-paying bidder notice and see what happens. I always try to give the person a chance, but my patience only goes so far.

I had one, in October, with not a lot of f/b but all positive. They wound up being an NPB... and I even had the guts to give them a negative. I never have heard anything back and that was several weeks ago. The item has since sold to someone else who paid right away. I was shocked though .. it only sold for $5 the first time, and close to $20 the second time, so it all worked out for the best I suppose...
:yes

Renee527
12-06-2004, 10:04 AM
Yeah, this has been going on ever since the auction closed on Nov 20th. IF she went out of town for family/holiday things I would have hoped she'd have the politness to email and say so!

I would never email strangers on the internet and tell them I am 'leaving town'.... color me paranoid.. but I just don't think it's safe. "I am leaving town.. come rob my house!" :lol

I think it's easier for us all to assume that around Holidays, to have a little more patient when we are dealing with people/individuals (not companies of course). Realizing that folks might be enjoying the holidays with their families and some DO leave town for several days.

Yes, this coming from the Queen of Impatience when it comes to getting the things that I've paid for.

Sadly, rude or not, you'll never see me post to any internet bulletin board, or email anyone I don't know and tell them I am leaving town. I guess I'll just risk being called an ROA for taking an extra few days to ship things out.