PDA

View Full Version : Car Pool Forum?

Landshark
05-20-2007, 08:14 PM
It would be great to have a forum just to find people to travel with to various places.....

jodcold
05-20-2007, 09:26 PM
I think so too. I like to travel alone to shows that are within a 3-4 hour drive; since I tend to pack the car full as I show in both halter and performance divisions.

But, there are some places I would love to share driving or even follow someone in my own vehicle or a rented vehicle. I would love to go to Breyerfest/NAN next year, but don't want to fly with models and really don't want to drive alone. Trying to coax my husband into going, but he took me to the very first one in KY and although we had fun then is just not interested in repeating the experience (I don't understand why-LOL!). Now if there was a car racetrack nearby I might be able to convince him.

Anyway, I would love a travel forum too.

mariannas
05-21-2007, 02:22 PM
I'm not posting in a mod capacity, because I honestly don't know what the formal management stance is regarding the addition of new forums to the current Blab layout. However, this is my *personal* feeling regarding the subject.

While it would be glorious to have have a different forum for some of these topics (carpooling, "What's that mold"-type topics, etc.) we already have a rather overwhelming amount of forums to keep track of. I have heard from newer members that the current layout is already tricky as it is. Compared to many boards out there we have A LOT of different forums already.

Personally, I think the carpooling forum idea in particular is a great one! If anything maybe we can talk about getting it added as a sub-forum to one of the showing forums already in existence. I'll direct Mary to this thread as again, I'm not entirely sure what our policy is on adding new forums at this time.

Thank you all so much for contributing such great ideas. Keep 'em coming!

cheseri
05-21-2007, 04:34 PM
I think it's a great idea! Maybe as a sub forum to the Live Show Alley.

I would love to go to Breyerfest/NAN next year, but don't want to fly with models and really don't want to drive alone. Trying to coax my husband into going, but he took me to the very first one in KY and although we had fun then is just not interested in repeating the experience (I don't understand why-LOL!). Now if there was a car racetrack nearby I might be able to convince him

I am planning on driving down to KY from VT next year and will definately be looking for travel companions. I know there are several Region X'ers here in new england that I bet would be interested in a group trip. I'll be posting here next spring when I start making plans so we can all get together. Hmmmm... I wonder how much it would be to book a tour bus for everyone between Maine and KY :lol

Landshark
05-21-2007, 05:06 PM
MAYBE it can be part of "services wanted"!

I think it's a great idea! Maybe as a sub forum to the Live Show Alley.

Yeah! I just notice in many threads in different forums people are looking for car pools, etc... it's just hard to coordinate with someone if you don't know they posted about it somewhere else......

It's really nothing for New Englanders/Mid Atlantic folk to want to travel together since our states are so close! :)

Thanks for looking into it Mods!!!

Intothesunstudio
05-21-2007, 05:09 PM
I think a sub-forum in the Live show forum would be great. I would definitely travel to shows a bit farther away if I was able to car pool with someone.

Great forum idea, Erin!

jodcold
05-21-2007, 08:42 PM
Lauren,

I would be the first to book a ride on the bus to Breyerfest! We'll have to figure out a way to do a caravan or something! Hopefully the price of gas will be lower by then!

cheseri
05-21-2007, 09:26 PM
I wonder how much it would be to charter a tour bus :hubba .... between people and models I bet we could fill it! I can see it now.... Breyerfest or Bust!!! And a wild roadtrip would be SO much fun with a bunch of other model people (not to mention more comfortable on a tourbus than packed in cars, :lol ). Plan 4 or 5 stops along the way to pick people up...... Wouldn't it be a blast!! Of course we'd have to have crazy Region X banners all over the bus when we pulled up at the HIN. :grin Hmmmm I'll have to see what I can find out about the cost to do that and if it would be worth while.

Intothesunstudio
05-21-2007, 10:16 PM
We need a giant van. We should all chip in and rent one so we don't have to put mileage on our vehicles. Or the bus would work. Perhaps pulling a U-haul trailer behind it? I bet there would be a few takers! :lol

I'd probably not bring too many models. I'd have more fun watching everyone else!

mariannas
05-21-2007, 11:45 PM
Please see the Announcements forum regarding the new "Show Services Wanted" sub forum in Live Show Alley.

Thank you again for your great ideas!

cheseri
05-22-2007, 09:17 AM
We need a giant van. We should all chip in and rent one so we don't have to put mileage on our vehicles. Or the bus would work. Perhaps pulling a U-haul trailer behind it? I bet there would be a few takers! http://www.modelhorseblab.com/forums/images/smilies/lol.gif

I'd probably not bring too many models. I'd have more fun watching everyone else!

I'll bring horses for NAN, but I think I'd be too overwhelmed wandering around and drooling to show at Breyerfest Live. I'm really intersted in doing some of the clinics though! Too bad this is for NEXT year, I'm ready to go NOW! :haha

Intothesunstudio
05-22-2007, 09:23 PM
I'll bring horses for NAN, but I think I'd be too overwhelmed wandering around and drooling to show at Breyerfest Live. I'm really intersted in doing some of the clinics though! Too bad this is for NEXT year, I'm ready to go NOW! :haha

Me, too! I've been dying to go to both NAN and Breyerfest as I've never been.

I'd probably show a few halter horses at NAN and perhaps one or two of my favorite performance set-ups, but not much more than that. I will have to do all the research in anticipation for next year.

PolarVrtX
05-23-2007, 03:36 PM
I wonder how much it would be to charter a tour bus :hubba .... between people and models I bet we could fill it! I can see it now.... Breyerfest or Bust!!! And a wild roadtrip would be SO much fun with a bunch of other model people (not to mention more comfortable on a tourbus than packed in cars, :lol ). Plan 4 or 5 stops along the way to pick people up...... Wouldn't it be a blast!! Of course we'd have to have crazy Region X banners all over the bus when we pulled up at the HIN. :grin Hmmmm I'll have to see what I can find out about the cost to do that and if it would be worth while.

OMG, that would be awesome :grin :grin

mariannas
05-23-2007, 03:41 PM
Another option would be to rent an RV (if you don't have enough peeps to rent a charter bus). Some of us up here in the Pacific NW want to attend one of the major Chicago shows in the next few years and came up with the RV idea. I would think they would be cheaper than a bus...although you would have to find someone willing to drive the thing!

cheseri
05-24-2007, 09:09 PM
Okay, remind me in a couple months and I'll start looking into our options! First ever Region X BF/NAN Roadtrip!!!

Region X: WE'RE HAVING MORE FUN THAN YOU!!! :woohoo

Intothesunstudio
05-25-2007, 05:34 PM
I know other people are interested too. This could be really fun! Even if we aren't all in one car/truck/van/bus whatever, a caravan would be really fun!