PDA

View Full Version : SIGNATURE SIZE

Altair
06-08-2007, 03:44 PM
Will SOMEONE please reinforce the signature size guideline?

I have a list of people who are in clear violation of it, and their stupid signature friggen' takes up half of my computer screen (even on high resolution)!

I will post a list if this is not resolved within a week. I'm just sick of people posting huge pictures (which CAN be shrunken) and things and having to scroll down just to get to the post (which is always smaller).

Argh.

ravensgate
06-08-2007, 04:02 PM
Mary sent out a PM a week or two ago. We assumed it was a mass PM for newbies, since I didn't get it, but my hubby did. And he doesn't even HAVE a signature.

Altair
06-08-2007, 04:07 PM
Mary sent out a PM a week or two ago. We assumed it was a mass PM for newbies, since I didn't get it, but my hubby did. And he doesn't even HAVE a signature.

Unfortunately it's not just newbies who are at fault...

kyg
06-08-2007, 04:17 PM
Yes, I object to the long horizontal lines of photos in signatures, that are simply too WIDE. So you have to scroll sideways to read their text. There are several non-newbies whose signatures have been like this for awhile...

Kathe
06-08-2007, 04:36 PM
Is mine one of the offending ones? I'll cut it down if it is. :)

mumtaz
06-08-2007, 04:50 PM
Vanessa, if you'll PM your list, I'll send a friendly reminder out to those posters. :)

Laura G
06-08-2007, 07:02 PM
Mine was probably too big.
I changed it recently.

wobbler_kitty
06-08-2007, 08:50 PM
I did attempt a mass email about this sometime last week. My test email to the mods worked, we discussed if it looked/worked ok. Then when I went to send it to the entire membership, it flaked on me and wouldn't work. I was waiting to give it another attempt as maybe it was just a fluke.

I'll try again tonight.

But you're absolutely right. It is an annoying and continual issue and sometimes still isn't resolved with friendly PM's by management.
:buttkick

Altair
06-08-2007, 09:19 PM
Vanessa, if you'll PM your list, I'll send a friendly reminder out to those posters. :)

Hehe. Sweet :)

Altair
06-08-2007, 09:20 PM
I did attempt a mass email about this sometime last week. My test email to the mods worked, we discussed if it looked/worked ok. Then when I went to send it to the entire membership, it flaked on me and wouldn't work. I was waiting to give it another attempt as maybe it was just a fluke.

I'll try again tonight.

But you're absolutely right. It is an annoying and continual issue and sometimes still isn't resolved with friendly PM's by management.
:buttkick

Not your fault at all! You can send emails out all you want, but if someone doesn't comply, that's THEIR fault. :buttkick time!

Altair
06-08-2007, 09:21 PM
Sorry I was so angry-sounding before...it just got to me, finally!

ravensgate
06-08-2007, 09:23 PM
I just got my email, so at least it went through to me (who has no pics in her sig:lol).

And Melissa, hubby said he got a notice sometime last week so it must not have crapped out on all the recipients.

Kittee
06-08-2007, 09:49 PM
I just got spammed! 6 notices, I checked my siggy size its 125x500, shall I shrink it down?

Altair
06-08-2007, 10:00 PM
I just got spammed! 6 notices, I checked my siggy size its 125x500, shall I shrink it down?

You think you were spammed, or maybe it was a malfunction of the email system? It's been weird...

No, your size is fine -- 200x500 is the limit. You're within.

wobbler_kitty
06-08-2007, 10:27 PM
And Melissa, hubby said he got a notice sometime last week so it must not have crapped out on all the recipients.

That's what I was thinking. Maybe it only worked half-way. And I didn't want to keep trying to re-send and have it only work half-way to the same people 10 times. :lol

It took me a few tries this time. So maybe that is exactly what happened Kittee. But I finally figured out that it was trying to send too many at once, so I bumped down the number and it went ok.

That's why I hate to use the mass email option unless I have to. Either it looks like spam to begin with, or something goes wonky and it really does spam people!

wobbler_kitty
06-08-2007, 10:28 PM
Sorry I was so angry-sounding before...it just got to me, finally!

Haha! I totally hear you. :wink

Kittee
06-09-2007, 09:29 AM
You think you were spammed, or maybe it was a malfunction of the email system? It's been weird...

I didn't mean "spammed" in a negative way. =) I'm sure it was a malfunction. ((I"m too used to playing MMO's and anything that is sent repeatedly is "spam" in our talk.))

eventingpony24
06-09-2007, 09:33 AM
Eek, now that I see this I think my sig might be too high, if it is I am more than happy to remove it right away.

I know what its like having to pay for every MB of download living at college (luckily I have broadband, but that usually just equals more downloads per month :P) at the university.. lol, so I definately don't want to be causing problems for anyone else.

DraytonWoods
06-09-2007, 12:00 PM
I just got the email too-- but you know, it didn't have to be epic length. I looked at the first couple sentences (about what size and the fact that some would be removed) and really that was enough-- I'm not going to read something that goes on and on about one easily understood regulation. :)

anniemare
06-09-2007, 03:48 PM
I got it too, and All I have is 3 lines of text (well 2 of text and 1 blank one). Was a little puzzled but if it is a mas email then I am not puzzled anymore.

Laura G
06-09-2007, 03:51 PM
Did everyone get the same e-mail?
I know my signature was too big before, but I know it's not now.
:dunno

ravensgate
06-09-2007, 04:10 PM
Did everyone get the same e-mail?
I know my signature was too big before, but I know it's not now.
:dunno

Yep, it was a mass email. I got it and don't even have a pic in my sig.

I didn't even read it though. I think I read two lines. Too much of a novella for me.

Laura G
06-09-2007, 04:22 PM
:yeahthat