PDA

View Full Version : Blab contact list? : )

delacroix3721
09-23-2007, 02:21 AM
so the thread about Yoda being in the hospital made me think... nobody who's posted on there seems to know how she's doing, or if she's ok.....

so how about a Model Horse Blab contact list? this would be optional, of course. but just a list possibly kept just by Mary or a moderator (not viewable in public) of people's phone numbers or addresses or whatever. then, if someone was really worried about someone, there would be an additional way to contact them.

me for example, if i couldn't get to the computer and see private messages or email.... how would anybody on here know how to contact me? i think i've only done business with one person on here, so i don't really have any other connections who would know my number.

this of course would be optional. i understand a lot of people wouldn't want anyone to have their phone number/address and i wouldn't want people to get harassing phone calls or whatnot.... that's why it would need to kept private by a trustworthy person.

i'd just like to know that if someone who cared wanted to contact me other than through the computer, there was a way for them to do so.

just a thought. :)

out_of_the_blue
09-23-2007, 01:22 PM
Actually I think that'd be a fantastic idea. It'd help both personal and business-wise. :) I'd participate.

Dr. Bork Bork
09-23-2007, 01:30 PM
I'd participate as well

nekomi
09-23-2007, 01:41 PM
I would definitely also participate. Great idea!

cheseri
09-23-2007, 04:48 PM
I think as long as it's spelled out beforehand when it is and is not okay to give the information out, and to who in what circumstances, then yes it's a great idea. Like mentioned with Yoda, we just want to make sure she's okay. But it shouldn't become a "I haven't gotten a response to my email in 24 hours about my package that was supposed to arrive, I need their phone number to call and find out where it is" type of thing. Just make sure there are VERY specific rules. :thumbsup

out_of_the_blue
09-23-2007, 04:51 PM
I think as long as it's spelled out beforehand when it is and is not okay to give the information out, and to who in what circumstances, then yes it's a great idea. Like mentioned with Yoda, we just want to make sure she's okay. But it shouldn't become a "I haven't gotten a response to my email in 24 hours about my package that was supposed to arrive, I need their phone number to call and find out where it is" type of thing. Just make sure there are VERY specific rules. :thumbsup

Yeah, like it can only be given to people who know/have been in contact with the person, and only if they haven't posted in say, 10 days.

midnightshetan
09-23-2007, 09:40 PM
I think that sounds like a grand idea!! :)

IrishDance101
09-23-2007, 11:37 PM
That is a great idea and would save many people worrying! :thumbsup

Dr. Bork Bork
09-24-2007, 02:18 PM
Yeah, like it can only be given to people who know/have been in contact with the person, and only if they haven't posted in say, 10 days.

I think that's a good idea. Sort of like a buddy system/calling tree. If something happened to me, I would want you (Lizzie) or Tara (th72) to bug my family as much as possible. Since we all live fairly close together.

Robin
09-24-2007, 03:22 PM
I definitely think it's a great idea! Perhaps everyone who participates can designate a specific hobbyist who they would prefer contacts them, such as someone who they know or lives close by. That way, if you need to reach someone, the first thing you find is another Blab member's username...and that person can attempt contact. That way, a phone number/address wouldn't immediately be handed out, but there's still at least one person (perhaps a primary and a secondary?) who is listed as being able to reach that person.

Kristi Hale
09-24-2007, 04:08 PM
I think that's a good idea. Sort of like a buddy system/calling tree. If something happened to me, I would want you (Lizzie) or Tara (th72) to bug my family as much as possible. Since we all live fairly close together.
I may be dense, but why not just give Lizzie and Tara all your contact info then?

Since this is optional, there's little point in saying this, I suppose, but just to throw it out there for thought -- if there were someone(s) in the hobby who I would want to have access to me in an emergency, such as whatever is going on with Yoda, they'd have my number already. I mean... er, these are strangers who will have this info from this list we are talking about. And, yes, trustworthy person and all that, but how often do security leaks happen in the real world?

I'm just sayin'.

Laura G
09-24-2007, 05:53 PM
I'm with Kristi on this one.
We don't know EVERYONE on Blab, so I wouldn't want to give the whole board access to my phone number.
Safety first, and all that.

delacroix3721
09-24-2007, 06:07 PM
oh, i understand.... i wasn't quite sure how to phrase/think this idea through....
wasn't even sure i wanted to post it to be honest. : /

me for one, i don't do business with any other Blabbers really and i'm not friends with them outside of Blab (never met anybody at a show/BF), so it'd be kinda odd for me to just give people my number/address for them to have all the time....

but you still form an attachment to people by just reading what they post on here.... and you most def worry if someone who was posting a lot suddenly isn't without an explanation.... maybe that's a minority opinion, i'm not sure.

if i was in the hospital, i wouldn't care if a stranger "Blabber" called on behalf of Blab to ask how i was doing. it'd be kinda nice actually. :)

that's why i wanted to emphasize the "optional" part... if people are already doing business with and are friends with Blabbers outside of Blab, then i would imagine they would already have traded contact information, this idea would mostly help out "small-fries" in the hobby like me. :)

*and i'd certainly be willing to put the list together for Blab... i certainly wouldn't sell the list or anything, but i'm not as involved with Blab as others are, that's why i suggested Mary or a mod. :)*

delacroix3721
09-24-2007, 06:08 PM
oh, i understand.... i wasn't quite sure how to phrase/think this idea through....
wasn't even sure i wanted to post it to be honest. : /

me for one, i don't do business with any other Blabbers really and i'm not friends with them outside of Blab (never met anybody at a show/BF), so it'd be kinda odd for me to just give people my number/address for them to have all the time....

but you still form an attachment to people by just reading what they post on here.... and you most def worry if someone who was posting a lot suddenly isn't without an explanation.... maybe that's a minority opinion, i'm not sure.

if i was in the hospital, i wouldn't care if a stranger "Blabber" called on behalf of Blab to ask how i was doing. it'd be kinda nice actually. :)

that's why i wanted to emphasize the "optional" part... if people are already doing business with and are friends with Blabbers outside of Blab, then i would imagine they would already have traded contact information, this idea would mostly help out "small-fries" in the hobby like me. :)

*and i'd certainly be willing to put the list together for Blab... i would most def guard the list well, but i'm not as involved with Blab as others are, that's why i suggested Mary or a mod. :)*

delacroix3721
09-24-2007, 06:11 PM
uh.... yeah..... not quite sure how that happened, sorry :)