PDA

View Full Version : Extremely Irritating Forum Behavior

Prairie Dream
10-15-2007, 04:48 PM
I usually come to the Blab Forums and read through the posts that interest me in one sitting. When I close my browser and then come back to the Blab, the posts that I haven't read are still in dark blue.

However, when I come to the Blab and read a few posts and then walk away for a half hour or so, the main topics are still in dark blue, but then when I go into one of the topics, all the messages are set as being read, even though I haven't looked at them yet. It's so irritating! I know I miss out on a lot of posts because I don't have time to go back looking through the dates and trying to remember what I've read or not.

Is there some kind of setting I can set, or can the Blab be set so it doesn't do that? I've seen some forums where at the top it says "show all unread posts", is there somewhere I can find that or can that be set somehow?

mysticwarrior620
10-15-2007, 04:53 PM
Does that happen when you hit the 'New Posts' button on the top toolbar?

Templewood_Studios
10-15-2007, 05:10 PM
Ah, for a second there I thought you were talking about irritating people's behaviors here on Blab. :lol

I was going to say the same thing Deb said above. Hitting the "New Posts" button has always worked for me and it shows any thread where a new post has been made since I last hit the button (so for instance, you can click it and read new posts, then click it 5 minutes later and see new posts that were posted since you last clicked. Or you can wait hours in between and see all the new posts that were posted since last time, etc.) It saves a lot of time since you don't have to scroll through each individual forum to see new posts, you just get them all in one long list. And I've never had trouble with them all showing up as read when hitting New Posts.

Hope this helps! :)

Hellen
10-15-2007, 09:22 PM
:roflmao OK I JUST have to say that this thread showed up as.....

Extremely Irritating Forum... on the main page:lol

And I was wondering if someone WANTED to create an Etremely Irritating Forum? Or if there was a forum that WAS extremely irritating to someone :roflmao :grin

But :D I get what you're saying, and I've had that happen to me as well..

I will try the New Posts button too!

wobbler_kitty
10-15-2007, 11:50 PM
That happens to me too. Sometimes all the new stuff is dark blue, sometimes it isn't. I'd say it *usually* is but not always. Not sure if it's a time thing like you said when you come back to it after a while.

Try using the "new posts" button in the tool bar, it should be more accurate. It'll give you all the new posts for the whole board.

Prairie Dream
10-17-2007, 10:38 PM
Okay, I'll try the "New Posts" button. I guess I don't like them being all in one long list, though -- I prefer browsing through each category. Oh well, I can't have everything, can I?

Kristina
10-18-2007, 12:54 PM
It's easy to get used to. I used to search each forum as well, but the new posts button makes it much easier to keep up with everything. Also, the specific forum the post is in is on the right hand side so you can still be selective about which sections you want to read.