PDA

View Full Version : Blab is upgrading!

Mary
11-18-2007, 11:56 PM
Over the Thanksgiving weekend Blab will undergo an upgrade to the forum software. :woohoo

- Currently scheduled for Thanksgiving Day, Thursday Nov. 22. update: Down time to start about 1.30 - 2 p.m. Eastern Time

- There will be some downtime. Hopefully the timing is not too inconvenient (while many people are likely to be cooking or eating Thanksgiving dinner! :grin )

- How much downtime? Best case only 1-2 hours. Worst case ... until all issues are resolved, however long that takes.

- With luck! Will try to have an information page on display in place of the forum during the down time. The page will hopefully be updated with a time till forum return. Update: The redirect didn't work ... GET UPDATES AT http://www.modelhorseblab.com/temp/temp.htm.

- What changes are coming with the upgrade? Likely users will not notice much change in how the forum looks, and how posting and all other functions perform. Some people may notice the forum appearance is slightly updated and fresher. But most of the changes are to tidy and tighten background code and a few admin functions.

- Who is performing the upgrade? Because of the number of upgrade steps being performed a professional from the software vendor has been hired to perform the steps and make sure all goes well.

*Added: If for any reason it is not possible to perform the upgrage on Thursday it will be re-scheduled for later this weekend.

I believe this is the first time Blab software has been upgraded. It is leaping forward several upgrade steps to the most current version. Going forward upgrading Blab will be done as often as needed to remain current. Future upgrades will probably be scheduled overnight U.S. time. These upgrades should have a very limited downtime and minimal impact on users.

Feel free to post any questions you may have! I'll answer as best I can. :)

This post will be edited to update the information - changes will be noted. :talk

delacroix3721
11-19-2007, 12:13 AM
Likely users will not notice much change in how the forum looks, and how posting and all other functions perform. Some people may notice the forum appearance is slightly updated and fresher. But most of the changes are to tidy and tighten background code and a few admin functions.

woohoo for upgrades, but i'm glad to hear Blab's look isn't going to change much... i'm super happy with how user-friendly everything is.... i like the easy-on-the-eyes color scheme too! :yes

:)

Schnauzer
11-19-2007, 12:05 PM
Thank you Mary for keeping our beloved Blab technologically up to date. Kudos!
Ann

timberwolf
11-19-2007, 12:58 PM
Yay!! Hope it doesn't go down for too long.

equine_cindy
11-20-2007, 08:32 PM
woohoo for upgrades, but i'm glad to hear Blab's look isn't going to change much... i'm super happy with how user-friendly everything is.... i like the easy-on-the-eyes color scheme too! :yes

:)

:yeahthat

Thanks Mary! :cheer :dancealot :woohoo

Mary
11-21-2007, 12:14 AM
All are welcome! Going forward I'm hopeful that small incremental upgrades can be done almost unnoticeably and will keep Blab bright and shiny. :)

And I'll work with Kristie to figure out what is going on with her posting.

Anytime anyone is having a technical problem the fastest way to a solution is to post in Blab Tech, and/or email me or any mod. mary@modelhorseblab.com It doesn't hurt to do more than one for the fastest response based on who is first available to help you. :grin

midnightshetan
11-28-2007, 09:39 PM
I see some changes!!!
I like the back ground now :)
not too much change, but the right amount to notice.

The top bar is all different too.. User PC used to be in the middle

I like so far :)

mariannas
11-28-2007, 09:45 PM
My User CP button is still in the middle. I am also not noticing any of the changes that other people are mentioning. Hmmmmm....

delacroix3721
11-28-2007, 09:52 PM
for me, the New Posts button is more to the left towards the middle. :)

Mary
11-28-2007, 09:55 PM
To make responding easier I'm closing this thread and re-directing all upgrade questions and remarks here http://www.modelhorseblab.com/forums/showthread.php?p=761507&posted=1#post761507

... thanks!