PDA

View Full Version : umm... custom user text?

delacroix3721
12-08-2007, 05:49 AM
it seems that my "Custom User Text" has become not so custom.... : P
*ya know, the words you put under your user name*

just wondering if it's just me who mistakenly reverted mine back to the default, or if that option's not available any more.....

it's just driving me batty cause in the FAQs it says the place to change it is in the Profile section, but even though i found it before, it seems i am having.... um.... difficulties at the moment.

no biggie, just wondering if i've gone crazy or not! :lol

*and sorry, i know this technically isn't a suggestion :)*

Man O War
12-08-2007, 09:39 AM
I thought that function was a paid member thing. :dunno

horsienut
12-08-2007, 12:16 PM
it seems that my "Custom User Text" has become not so custom.... : P
*ya know, the words you put under your user name*

just wondering if it's just me who mistakenly reverted mine back to the default, or if that option's not available any more.....

it's just driving me batty cause in the FAQs it says the place to change it is in the Profile section, but even though i found it before, it seems i am having.... um.... difficulties at the moment.

no biggie, just wondering if i've gone crazy or not! :lol

*and sorry, i know this technically isn't a suggestion :)*
You're not crazy, I has a custom title and now it's gone recently. I am no longer a paid member so I assumed they recently reset the custom titles to default ones for the non-paid people. :dunno

delacroix3721
12-08-2007, 12:57 PM
it's just a little odd because i've never been a paying member, :dunno

: P

Robin
12-08-2007, 02:12 PM
I didn't think it was a paid member thing--but I may be wrong.

Man O War
12-08-2007, 02:20 PM
From the FAQ:
REGISTERED MEMBER
User title: Not customizable (it will say "Registered User")

PAID PARTICIPANT
User title: Customizable

But then it says:

From the FAQ:
How do I add a custom status to my profile?
If the administrator has enabled custom status titles, then you can specify the text you want to display by editing your profile and entering the text you want in the Custom User Text field.

Maybe Mary had it switched on for everyone but then the upgrade set it to the default making this feature only available to paid members.

Mary
12-30-2007, 07:59 PM
Jennifer / delacroix I am not sure why you would have been able to edit your user title before.

The upgrade should not have changed any settings or permissions. As far as history, it is hard to know over the 4+ years of Blab what changes might have been made. But generally speaking there haven't been any significant changes to paid/free items since Blab went paid in Aug. 2005.

Kim / Man O War those are great look-ups! Just for some extra info, your last FAQ reference is one that is automatically set up by the forum software provider. I can't edit it (for some reason.) But the top 2 are Blab-specific. They have had about the same content as they have since Blab went paid. Just some extra factoids. :)

delacroix3721
12-30-2007, 08:01 PM
yeah, it's kinda weird.... i had "all hail the bucketed one" and i remember when it said that that phrase used the maximum number of letters allowed.

i think i had it for at least a few weeks to a month... no worries :)

BearsnBugs
12-30-2007, 09:14 PM
Could be it was a burp during a free period that might have allowed it to be customized.