PDA

View Full Version : JAH Area

horsegirl
12-27-2007, 08:44 PM
I think it would be nice to have a designated place for people to talk about JAH magazine. Lots of people talk about it already and I think lots of people would post threads there.

GoldyRunMegan
12-28-2007, 01:51 AM
I agree! That'd be a great idea!

Melissa
12-28-2007, 01:39 PM
ditto

jasper978
12-29-2007, 10:45 AM
It would be neat, but I think that the Arena and OF forums are pretty open to all discussion of JAH. Plus, if there was a JAH section on Blab, it would likely be a paid access which would mean many members would miss out on reading the news.

mariannas
12-29-2007, 01:39 PM
While I am not the final decision-maker regarding new forum addition, I can say with almost 99.9% certainty that a JAH section will not be added.

Really, JAH discussion only occurs for the first few weeks after a new issue arrives. It's not worth it to set up a new forum for something that will only be discussed a few times per year. It's far better to post a thread in the Arena or OF forum.

Thank you for the suggestion, though!!! We always like to hear what members would like to see!

Mary
12-30-2007, 07:43 PM
Perhaps JAH-lovers could agree to always put JAH at the beginning of the thread title. That would help us see how many threads & posts are about JAH.

Is there a lot of JAH discussion in the Breyerfest forum? Just a thought as a Breyer topic. Or perhaps OF ... ?

breyerhorselover!!
12-30-2007, 07:48 PM
I would love a JAH area, too! :D

horsegirl
12-31-2007, 03:52 PM
well, if the breyerfest area is a paid member area I can't access it.
Sadly, I am not allowed to get a paid membership :(.

But at least i can post in the arena about JAH!!!:)

Melissa
12-31-2007, 06:51 PM
maybe not a specific JAH area, what about some sort of "Ponies in the Press" thing (clever >.<) where members could discuss JAH and other magazines/papers/newsletters

Elf
12-31-2007, 11:05 PM
While I am not the final decision-maker regarding new forum addition, I can say with almost 99.9% certainty that a JAH section will not be added.

Really, JAH discussion only occurs for the first few weeks after a new issue arrives. It's not worth it to set up a new forum something that will only be discussed a few times per year. It's far better to post a thread in the Arena or OF forum.

Thank you for the suggestion, though!!! We always like to hear what members would like to see!

Agree!

I personally do not think that a new forum is needed, I would just put JAH in the title.

GoldyRunMegan
01-01-2008, 02:28 AM
Maudie's idea about the Magazine section sounds good to me :D

Man O War
01-01-2008, 09:44 AM
maybe not a specific JAH area, what about some sort of "Ponies in the Press" thing (clever >.<) where members could discuss JAH and other magazines/papers/newsletters
But, I don't think that there are enough magazines out there that would need a whole new forum. Besides, even if there are, the discussion on them would be fairly limited as magazines come out at certain times.

AdirondackAppy
01-01-2008, 12:00 PM
Like other's have said, I think it would be great if every thread about JAH started with something like "ATTN: JAH--" or just "JAH--" and perhaps used the green arrow post icon to show it's a thread about JAH (it's the one I'm using in my post ^).
I think it might be useful, especially if a person wanted to discuss something like the new Connoisseur, SR, or contest and wanted others to participate in it.

Mary
01-01-2008, 12:32 PM
If you'll start the title with JAH that will also make it easier in the future to do a search and find all the JAH threads from whenever. :)

hi_d_hi
01-01-2008, 12:46 PM
If you'll start the title with JAH that will also make it easier in the future to do a search and find all the JAH threads from whenever. :)

You can always make it a sub forum in the Breyerfest section. :dunno This is coming from someone who finds JAH threads annoying. :grin

jasper978
01-01-2008, 05:40 PM
Hmm, there are a few good ideas, but looking back when I was a non paid member, I know that I found a lot of sneak peek info from the JAH threads in the OF and Arena sections of blab. If you make it a sub grouping under breyerfest, or even a seperate section for publications... I think that many new members would feel slighted if they couldn't find the information in a free access board. It took me awhile to feel comfortable enough and acknowledge that blab was actually worth paying for vs alternative groups and lists.

GoldyRunMegan
01-01-2008, 09:35 PM
But that is deff. the whole point in blab paid membership, to veiw the extra boards and features.... are i correct? I know thats the whole reason i subscribed to a paid membership. It gives you that much more, you know. If they dont wanna pay a few dollars to get more information then they don't need it that bad. :) but i still think the Magazine board would be making the site alot neater with the magazine threads and would be alot better then just posting random threads about magazines everywhere, theres tons of horse magazines out there, plenty to fill a board with. :)

jasper978
01-01-2008, 11:52 PM
In that case, why not have a section separating the Breyer and Stone discussion out of the OF forum.

If you weren't able to afford the membership, or if your parents didn't support your hobby, would you appreciate not being able to find out the latest information? Not everyone subs to JAH and use the board here to gain the information featured in the magazine.

I'm just one for saying, lets be a free society a little more here, not requiring jacked up fees, and paid entry to EVERY little aspect of the hobby anymore.

As for the horse magazines, yes there are plenty of horse magazines, but not many are hobby related anymore.

GoldyRunMegan
01-02-2008, 02:10 AM
Im rolling over to this. Jackie won the case. :lol She's changed my mind. ;)