PDA

View Full Version : Fitness/weightloss forum?

jesterjigger
01-03-2008, 01:50 PM
I know that there's a thread, but it's hard for me to follow that, so I was wondering if there was any interest in asking for a fitness/weightloss board. We could discuss healthy recipes, do a weekly weigh in, share motivation tips, discuss fitness goals/successes, etc.

qtrhorsecowgirl
01-03-2008, 02:20 PM
I'd be very interested too in seeing this forum.

SylvanTrails
01-03-2008, 02:51 PM
I would love to see a forum for this. Shannon

Shinypony
01-03-2008, 02:57 PM
I have to admit, while the "Official Weight Loss Thread" is nice, it would be tons better and more useful to actually have a separate forum.

It's just too hard to follow all the different stuff on the one thread. Plus, not every hobbyist needs to lose weight, but might still be interested in fitness/nutrition, so it would be nice to have a "Fitness/Health/Nutrition" forum, where everyone could feel like there was a place for their fitness, healthy eating or weight loss interests.

Anyway, add me to the voices who'd like a separate forum for this!

Cynthia Perry

boulderxcreekxranch
01-03-2008, 03:18 PM
Count me in! Sounds awesome!!!

Lemmons SS
01-03-2008, 03:20 PM
Great idea! I'd be interested as well!

Melissa
01-03-2008, 06:49 PM
maybe not a 'weight loss forum' but a health forum would be cool /someone/ needs to lay off the sugar

Elf
01-03-2008, 08:16 PM
I think that a nutrition and exersise forum might be nice. I noticed that alot of people put as there 'New year thing to do' to exersise more.

bahannas
01-03-2008, 08:48 PM
I would love to see some healthy recipes! Great idea!

Tobie Keith
01-05-2008, 07:00 PM
Count me in! I would love to have a forum dedicated to health/fitness/weight loss.

I'm in that mode right now with a near 10# loss since mid December. I went to see the doctor and she said I'd probably want to wait until the first of the year since we were in the holidays and I said emphatically, "No, I am starting now."

It was really hard to go cold turkey just before Christmas and totally avoid all candies, sugar, cookies and holiday temptations. It has been completely worth it though.

Arabesque
01-05-2008, 08:17 PM
:agreed With all of you! I think it's a great idea! :thumbsup

Shinypony
01-05-2008, 08:51 PM
Count me in! I would love to have a forum dedicated to health/fitness/weight loss.

I'm in that mode right now with a near 10# loss since mid December. I went to see the doctor and she said I'd probably want to wait until the first of the year since we were in the holidays and I said emphatically, "No, I am starting now."

It was really hard to go cold turkey just before Christmas and totally avoid all candies, sugar, cookies and holiday temptations. It has been completely worth it though.

Just gotta pop in and say WAY TO GO! You did the right thing and now you are ahead of the curve.

Cynthia

Swale
01-05-2008, 09:20 PM
I really like the idea of a nutrition/healthy living forum. I am on a low-carb diet to get to a more healthy weight and would love to share ideas with other low-carb Blabbers! Goodbye pasta, hello Splenda! :)

Shinypony
01-05-2008, 10:16 PM
I really like the idea of a nutrition/healthy living forum. I am on a low-carb diet to get to a more healthy weight and would love to share ideas with other low-carb Blabbers! Goodbye pasta, hello Splenda! :)

That's exactly why I think it would be nice to have a whole forum... people could start specific threads about certain diets or health issues, it would be cool!

I don't low carb myself, other than occasionally, if I want to kickstart some weight loss, but I do follow a moderate carb lifestyle, i.e. most of my carbs come from fruit, veggies and legumes. Occasionally, I have some whole grain items... whole wheat pasta is tasty stuff! Good luck with your new life-style!

Cynthia

ocelota
01-06-2008, 08:08 PM
I'd love to see a fitness forum! I think that it would be a great resource for a lot of people :) I always like to see new exercise ideas and healthy recipes, etc.

Mary
01-06-2008, 09:08 PM
Asked management over the weekend, and got no arguments against ... looked at the thread and see many people and many topics, obviously quite busy and vital ... so ok, here ya go! In GOT, next to Books-Movies. (http://www.modelhorseblab.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=131)

Moving the Official Weight Loss Thread to the new forum but I'll wait a little to give people (some anyway) a chance to know in advance. The re-directs can get lost. :)

And let me know if there should be any revisions of the forum title & description. :grin

Tobie Keith
01-06-2008, 09:59 PM
Just gotta pop in and say WAY TO GO! You did the right thing and now you are ahead of the curve.

Cynthia

Well I can't give you more rep yet so I will say thanks here. It is not easy to stay focused but I have a long term goal and that helps me realize that failing today keeps me from reaching that goal tomorrow.

I buy 10# bags of apples at my store - they are reduced - mostly they get tossed into the bags because they aren't "nice enough" to get sold at full retail price. That is really helping me when I need a crunchy flavor packed snack instead of a cookie or chips and helps when it comes to offering my son a healthier snack alternative rather than a cookie or chocolate.

The apples that I don't eat, my horse does :lol

My short term goal of a 50# loss, hopefully by spring/early summer is to go to Cedar Point and ride the roller coasters - sit in the seats comfy like normal people and pull down the bar. I know - it's a dumb thing but I can't do it right now and have not been able to for a long time 15+ years.

My long term goals - I have 2 of them are to show my 3 yr old in Showmanship and Pattern Classes and (my ultimate final) other goal is to book a cruise with my best friend Sandy down to the Bahamas. I'm gonna do this!