PDA

View Full Version : Agony Aunt/Uncle board

Melissa
03-18-2008, 07:20 PM
I think an Agony Aunt board would be a good spot for people to post problems that might be too sensitive for the General Area, more of a place to let off some steam. Not quite up to the scale of WOYM but a little bit of an ARRRRGH area. Some people don't like members posting in the General Area when their pissed off because it causes all kinds of problems. An Agony Aunt board/sub-board would help people "get" that the person is having trouble and is most likely really PO'd/ depressed.............

Elf
03-18-2008, 08:48 PM
I can see a point to having another board, but maybe not just for problems. Maybe a paying member board?
I would not be asking for this, but as I am not of age, I can not get into the WOYM, and sometimes, even though I am a teen, I still feel that this would be a better place to house my feelings.
Ok never mind my post, don't know if that made sense or not.

Mary
03-18-2008, 09:40 PM
An idea like this has been discussed in the mod forum. It was not popular ... likely to be difficult and time-consuming to moderate, and the principals of such an area are not consistent with the rest of Blab.

So, not likely. But it is an interesting idea. :)

Melissa
03-19-2008, 11:28 AM
just out of curiousity, how would it be difficult to moderate?

Elf
03-19-2008, 04:17 PM
Just becuase of what has happend in those type of threads in the past. I think that is what Mary meant.

HorseChick
03-19-2008, 05:36 PM
Color me confused. I thought this was what the Youth Forum was for :dunno

muggyscugglemeyer
03-19-2008, 08:44 PM
Color me confused. I thought this was what the Youth Forum was for :dunno

:yeahthat
And WOYM for those 18+

Melissa
03-20-2008, 11:06 AM
I thought the Youth forum was more for stuff like "I got an A in all my classes" and "I'm going to the Youth show" ?

mariannas
03-20-2008, 01:34 PM
The Youth Forum is also supposed to serve as a Youth WOYM. Adult members (except for the mods and mentors) cannot view the forum and it is very private. Feel free to vent away!