PDA

View Full Version : BF bene - free week of Blab!!

Mary
07-13-2008, 09:37 PM
Blab is FREE to all registered members
from Wed. 7/16 through Wed. 7/23 !!!

Promotional free period to celebrate Breyerfest

New members included !!!

How to give Blab membership a try:
(1) Go through the Blab registration process.
This will not automatically approve you for access to Blab (because we must screen out spam bots.)
(2) You'll receive an email from Blab asking you to respond and confirm your email address.
(3) You'll receive a 2nd email from Blab asking your favorite model horse.
There is no right or wrong answer! This is merely to confirm you are not a spam bot.
If you are not a spam bot :grin reply to the email, and usually within 12 hours or much less you'll be approved.
:woohoo :woohoo :woohoo

We'll make every effort to have new registrations approved quickly!

What's the difference between the free Breyerfest promotional period
and the usual new membership on Blab?
Blab's normal free membership has access only to those forums with * under the title.
That includes quite a lot ... The Arena for general model horse talk, OF Corral,
General Off Topic for all kinds of non-model horse sharing, and more.

Blab's paid membership accesses almost all other forums.

During the promotional period free members will have the same access as paid members.

Click here for more information on Blab memberships (http://www.modelhorseblab.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_faq_membership_info)
:woohoo :woohoo :woohoo

Enjoy!

:woohoo :woohoo :woohoo :woohoo :woohoo

delacroix3721
07-13-2008, 09:40 PM
:woot thanks, Mary! :hugg

Theponymadperson
07-14-2008, 06:59 AM
I've got a problem,yesterday when I logged on and I wasn't a fully activated member,I could view most forums but now I'm an activated member,I can only view a couple of forums.Why is this happening?:sigh

RavenwolfDesign
07-14-2008, 08:01 AM
how do we go about this if we are already a member but a nonpaid one? does it just happen automatically?

mariannas
07-14-2008, 08:46 AM
I've got a problem,yesterday when I logged on and I wasn't a fully activated member,I could view most forums but now I'm an activated member,I can only view a couple of forums.Why is this happening?:sigh

I think this may be a separate issue - I would PM Mary and ask her what is going on.

how do we go about this if we are already a member but a nonpaid one? does it just happen automatically?

Usually I think it just happens automatically. Mary just resets the permissions so that everyone can view the forums. My guess is that when you go to login on Blab on Wednesday you will be able to see everything. :)

Mary
07-15-2008, 12:28 AM
Usually I think it just happens automatically. Mary just resets the permissions so that everyone can view the forums. My guess is that when you go to login on Blab on Wednesday you will be able to see everything. :)
Yes that's right - members don't have to do anything. Log on and ... voila! :one From Wed. 7/16 thru Wed. 7/23. :woohoo

Mary
07-15-2008, 12:29 AM
Not sure I quite understand. I'll be in touch with you via PM so we can sort this out. :)

Nicki Star
07-15-2008, 07:55 AM
Hey, this is exciting, thank you!
Unfortunately I'm not able to be accessing the Blab much lately, but I will definitely check it out as able!
Thanks again!
Nicki...

turbogrrl
07-15-2008, 09:24 PM
How does this affect WOYM and those under 18? Just curious.

-Lauren

BearsnBugs
07-15-2008, 09:32 PM
How does this affect WOYM and those under 18? Just curious.

-Lauren

The rules still apply. Same with MOMS.

Mary
07-16-2008, 12:12 AM
:woohoo :woohoo :woohoo :woohoo :woohoo

It's Wednesday July 16 somewhere!! (East Coast, U.K., Europe, Australia ... all kinds of places.)

Enjoy ... thru next Wed.!

:horserun :horserun :horserun

Jocelyn
07-16-2008, 06:15 AM
Thanks so much, Mary! :cheer Now I can give membership a try before I go and buy it.

SugarBee
07-16-2008, 08:47 AM
Oh so awesome. Thank You!!!!!

BreyerLuver66
07-16-2008, 04:30 PM
This is awesome! Thanks! :woohoo

Somethingroyal
07-17-2008, 08:29 PM
I got excited and replied to this announcement,but somehow my post ended up in the new policy sticky.(? Where it makes absolutely no sense!!)

I'm not sure how it got there,but I apologize and hope that a Mod can move it or erase it.

Becky
07-19-2008, 09:39 PM
Thanks so much for the free week (of course I'm not getting much of my "to do list" finished this week since I'm on Blab so much LOL!)

Kristi Hale
07-20-2008, 04:28 PM
Oddly, although I am a paid member, I have no access to paid forums today. My sub expires tomorrow, and aren't I supposed to have free access through next Wednesday?

I plan to renew (on Thursday, I suppose), but Paypal, as usual, is giving me all kinds of problems.

bronzino
07-20-2008, 06:11 PM
I just checked your settings and you are indeed in the "unpaid" category somehow. I'll post a note to the mod queue.

Kristi Hale
07-20-2008, 07:19 PM
Thanks. Someone may have sent me a renewal notice, but in checking my settings I saw I still had my old Comcast address as my contact and they aren't forwarded any more. I changed it to the Roadrunner one.

out_of_the_blue
07-20-2008, 10:25 PM
I'm upgrading to paid sometime this week. :lol

Mary
07-20-2008, 10:39 PM
Thanks. Someone may have sent me a renewal notice, but in checking my settings I saw I still had my old Comcast address as my contact and they aren't forwarded any more. I changed it to the Roadrunner one.Kristi, yes your reminder (everyone gets 2) would have missed you if your email changed. Your sub expiration date was 7/19 according to the admin panel. The software automatically dropped you back into the normal free membership. I just moved you to the promotional membership for free members. :)

If any on else's paid subs expire during this period the same thing will happen - software will drop it into regular free membership. As I catch these I'll move them to the promotional status. :grin

Kristi Hale
07-21-2008, 09:05 AM
Thanks. I'll be renewing as soon as I get the stupid Paypal business straightened out... again...