PDA

View Full Version : I need a How To Blab Area!

kyg
01-19-2005, 08:31 AM
I can't find any place that explains things lik: what are those little green squares under your name, and how did that icon get there too, etc. I think older Blab-ers take this stuff for granted, but I can't find any place that explains stuff like that!

skippyfan
01-19-2005, 08:34 AM
check the FAQ up above, or here: http://www.modelhorseblab.com/forums/faq.php? It at least explains some of the stuff, like the green squares (which display how much good reputation you've gotten). I'm not sure what else it has, I haven't looked at it in quite a while. :lol

kyg
01-19-2005, 08:48 AM
I didn't think the FAQ was that useful! And, are initially 3 choices of groups of FAQ's, vut they all return the same list of questions. Nothing about those little icons and the green boxes, etc. I may just not be seeing it.

KatieMcc421
01-19-2005, 09:28 AM
Well, here's a brief crash course. Forgive me if I mention something you already know.
1. Starting from right under you name, there's a phrase space that you can change and edit in your personal profile (looks like you've already done it).
2. Under that is a smiley that you can't change. It changes depending on how many posts you have.
3. The green boxes represent how many good "reputation" points you have. I think you get a box to start with, then another every hundred points. After something like 500, you get bright green ones every 2-5 hunderd (not sure on that one) and you become a blab diety :). On of the current deities would know the exact post numbers etc.
4. The little round icon in the bottom left under the boxes indicates whether or not a certain member is online. If they are, it is green. If not, it's grey.
5. The scales next to that let you give reputation points to others.
6. The triangle with the exclamation point lets you report bad posts.

Hmmm....I think everything else is self explanatory....if you click "post reply" it shows all the available smileys...can't think of anything else right now. Happy Blabbing!

webenative
01-19-2005, 09:36 AM
I don't have a triangle:sad

KatieMcc421
01-19-2005, 09:38 AM
But do you see one on everyone else's posts? I don't have one under my own name either, but then again, I hope I'd never have to report myself for a bad post!! :D

kyg
01-19-2005, 11:33 AM
THANKS Katie! So people have to take the time to give others "reputation points"? I don't understand the point of that? Is it like ebay feedback?

KatieMcc421
01-19-2005, 11:35 AM
It's just kinda a way to say "Hey, that was a pretty thoughtful/funny/etc post"
It's pretty quick, and some people like it a lot. Nobody treats it like ebay feedback though, it's just a fun way to get to know some people better.

Edit-
You can see your total reputation number and your most recent reputation comments when you click on your User CP, however, there doesn't seem to be a way to see ALL of your reputation comments.

Griffin
01-19-2005, 02:09 PM
Many "how-to" questions have been asked and answered in either The Podium or www/tech forums (some of them a few times) if you'd like to browse through there. :)

~~Griffin~~

webenative
01-20-2005, 06:30 AM
That's good ,I thought I was left out.I should be so special,LOL

earthmuffinn
01-21-2005, 03:36 AM
Hmmm... and another question to add to this one... How does one get from being an "unknown entity" to "a beacon of light" ? :D Just feeling a little left out.....

(nah, just curious!)

Griffin
01-21-2005, 03:45 AM
You need to get more rep from other people. You can do this by posting more often and posting quality stuff. :) :grin

~~Griffin~~

skippyfan
01-21-2005, 03:57 AM
Hmmm... and another question to add to this one... How does one get from being an "unknown entity" to "a beacon of light" ? :D Just feeling a little left out.....

(nah, just curious!)

The more good reputation you get, the more green squares you get. And with each new green square, you get a different saying. :)

unicornwoman
04-10-2005, 09:09 AM
I agree that the FAQ needs to be expanded. It took me about 15 minutes to figure out how to post and that it was different if I wanted to reply or if I wanted to start a new thread. It wasn't in the FAQ. (I was too embarrassed to ask for additional help as I'd already had to ask for that on a different topic!)

I also don't understand the reputation points system and would like to see that explained in detail.

Heather
04-10-2005, 10:11 AM
I agree that the FAQ needs to be expanded. It took me about 15 minutes to figure out how to post and that it was different if I wanted to reply or if I wanted to start a new thread. It wasn't in the FAQ. (I was too embarrassed to ask for additional help as I'd already had to ask for that on a different topic!)

I also don't understand the reputation points system and would like to see that explained in detail.

The FAQ expansion is in the works! Shouldn't be too awfully much longer!

Shinypony
04-11-2005, 10:16 AM
Hey thanks!

I was wondering what all the little green boxes and stuff meant too! Also very new to the Blab...

Cynthia Perry