PDA

View Full Version : Annoyed with non-paying bidder

Rebecca
07-13-2004, 01:24 AM
Sorry folks, this isnt even horse related.

Here is my auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3821346058&ssPageName=STRK:MESO:IT

hope that link works. It is a video camera that I sold on June 15th, almost one month ago. It sold with the Buy it now and the seller contacted me immediately and said he was sending a Money Order the next day. I really felt it was a great deal.

After 2 weeks and me emailing him 2x and sending an Ebay friendly reminder, I got back an odd email that said (all in caps), SORRY, I AM ON A SECRET MISSION. I WILL SEND THE MO TOMORROW. (that is all it said)

So after one more week, I sent him one final email stating that he had till today to either have the MO to me OR to fax/email me the receipt of it.

I didn't hear back from him, left him negative feedback, and reported him to ebay as a non-paying bidder. He had his warning at least 2x and it states same in my auction.
Here's the feedback
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws1/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=1988caprice

Well lo and behold, I get an email from him just now at 1am:

I am in Iraq still using my old base email designators and if you were not aware mail here is a little slow and I don't have the mo number because its on a piece of carbon paper and its pretty hard to read. we don't have scanners because it's a bit sandy out here we just set up this computer lab not too long ago so please try to be patient if not then place it back on the market I have enough stress already with the day to day out here I do not need any extra. Thank you

I have not replied to the email yet. Soooooo, am I to believe he is in the service and was bidding from Iraq and yet he sent me a postal money order??? Or even that he got shipped out after he won the auction? It just seems so fishy to me. His email addy does indeed end in an airforce base, but not so sure I believe him.

Anyhow, I am really bummed. I NEEDED that money and waited a whole month already. I am relisting the camera this week but am just really bummed about it.

Thanks for reading!

seventhdream
07-13-2004, 11:47 AM
I think his "secret mission" probably involved a 72 hour lock up at his local psych ward.

Heather
07-13-2004, 12:00 PM
If he is fibbing and is not really in Iraq - that's *shitty* and really *low* to use that as an excuse. (Potential) loser.

ryllina
07-13-2004, 06:27 PM
Geez, I sure hope he's not lying....

Where does someone in Iraq buy a money order anyways?

Stacy
07-13-2004, 07:31 PM
Geez, I sure hope he's not lying....

Where does someone in Iraq buy a money order anyways? :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

ryllina
07-13-2004, 09:39 PM
BTW ...

I know when I was in the army we were required to do direct deposit for our paychecks. So it should be easy for someone in the military to do PayPal if they can get online! Much easier than getting a money order I would imagine. :D

wobbler_kitty
07-14-2004, 02:47 AM
Sounds like total :bs to me. He had zero feedback before yours and why does he need a sensitive piece of video equipment if it's too "sandy" out there for scanners? Just relist it, screw him.

eofelis
07-21-2004, 02:25 PM
I think his "secret mission" probably involved a 72 hour lock up at his local psych ward.

:roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

Rebecca
07-21-2004, 03:01 PM
Well I reported him as a non-paying-bidder and want my listing fees back. That was about 6 days ago. I haven't even gotten so much as an email from Ebay.

I DID however relist the camera, and it sold in an hour with the BIN. I should have asked for more, but whatever, I needed the money and the buyer got a good deal. I hope he likes it.

I never did hear from the original buyer again after his sandy-Iraq story.

seventhdream
07-21-2004, 06:10 PM
Well I reported him as a non-paying-bidder and want my listing fees back. That was about 6 days ago. I haven't even gotten so much as an email from Ebay.

IIRC you won't. The NPB report gets emailed to the bidder, to 'remind' them they need to pay you. Ebay assumes if they hear nothing from YOU that the buyer followed through. You have to wait 7 days after the NPB was filed and then go file for the fees back.

Renee527
07-31-2004, 07:42 PM
Honestly, this is some bored kid feeding you a line of cr@p.
A person on a SECRET MISSION wouldn't be emailing that out to people, otherwise it isn't much of a secret is it?

Don't forget that school is out! :-(

I wouldn't count on getting the money for the video camera.

Renee

Sorry folks, this isnt even horse related.

Here is my auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3821346058&ssPageName=STRK:MESO:IT

hope that link works. It is a video camera that I sold on June 15th, almost one month ago. It sold with the Buy it now and the seller contacted me immediately and said he was sending a Money Order the next day. I really felt it was a great deal.

After 2 weeks and me emailing him 2x and sending an Ebay friendly reminder, I got back an odd email that said (all in caps), SORRY, I AM ON A SECRET MISSION. I WILL SEND THE MO TOMORROW. (that is all it said)

So after one more week, I sent him one final email stating that he had till today to either have the MO to me OR to fax/email me the receipt of it.

I didn't hear back from him, left him negative feedback, and reported him to ebay as a non-paying bidder. He had his warning at least 2x and it states same in my auction.
Here's the feedback
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws1/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=1988caprice

Well lo and behold, I get an email from him just now at 1am:

I have not replied to the email yet. Soooooo, am I to believe he is in the service and was bidding from Iraq and yet he sent me a postal money order??? Or even that he got shipped out after he won the auction? It just seems so fishy to me. His email addy does indeed end in an airforce base, but not so sure I believe him.

Anyhow, I am really bummed. I NEEDED that money and waited a whole month already. I am relisting the camera this week but am just really bummed about it.

Thanks for reading!

Griffin
08-02-2004, 09:09 PM
Honestly, this is some bored kid feeding you a line of cr@p.
A person on a SECRET MISSION wouldn't be emailing that out to people, otherwise it isn't much of a secret is it?

Don't forget that school is out! :-(

Just because it's summer doesn't automatically make it a kid. FPS :sigh

~~Griffin~~

Renee527
08-04-2004, 11:52 PM
IIRC you won't. The NPB report gets emailed to the bidder, to 'remind' them they need to pay you. Ebay assumes if they hear nothing from YOU that the buyer followed through. You have to wait 7 days after the NPB was filed and then go file for the fees back.

I think you can get a copy of those emails sent to you, but it has to be elected in your preferences.
Whenever I send an NPB warning,I almost always get a copy of the email "Reminder to pay your ebay seller".

Perhaps that's changed since they launched their new politically correct "Unpaid Item Process".
Heaven forbid we call it what it is...

Renee527
08-04-2004, 11:56 PM
Just because it's summer doesn't automatically make it a kid. FPS :sigh

~~Griffin~~

True, but in my 6 years on ebay I have more unusual things and more NPB's during summer than any other time...

it leaves me with little other explanation.

AnnArrogance
08-04-2004, 11:59 PM
Hey, let's not forget that TEACHERS are out during the summer, too! Dern pesky teachers, playing on my lawn and leaving flaming bags of dog poopie on my front porch!

*Kate, being crochety*

Renee527
08-05-2004, 12:05 AM
Hey, let's not forget that TEACHERS are out during the summer, too! Dern pesky teachers, playing on my lawn and leaving flaming bags of dog poopie on my front porch!

*Kate, being crochety*

Oh yeah, I forgot maybe it's bored school teachers, :bolt

LOL

I don't mean to offend young people, but face it.. the secret mission story doesn't sound like something that an adult would make up. Adults have relatives that died or cars that transmissions fell out of ...

6 years on ebay teaches you all the excuses..
:sad

Rebecca
08-05-2004, 04:58 AM
eh, I relisted it and it sold in an hour. I reported him though and filled out the thing to get the listing fee back, but I never did. I relisted it for $10 more though so I got 'something'. I underpriced it to begin with - should have asked at least another $30-$50 more. Oh well, it sold to someone who loved it and I needed the money.