PDA

View Full Version : 'Bargain Barn'?

Melissa
11-28-2008, 03:26 PM
I was thinking that it might be good to have a sub-forum where people can report dealers that are having great sales. Like the TJ Maxx shipments or the TSC sale. I think this would be convenient, especially this time of year, for people who want great deals on pretteh plastic ponehs

Stacy
11-28-2008, 03:39 PM
I have to agree with this, I'm kind of a bargain master and would love to share so that others could get a deal!

Swale
11-29-2008, 12:55 PM
Great idea! :)

breyerfan202
06-17-2009, 01:41 PM
Kool! I have been waiting for someone to suggest this.

DraytonWoods
06-17-2009, 01:53 PM
I would love this, and would contribute!

WindMillSongRanch
06-17-2009, 02:14 PM
Speaking of...has anyone found anything recently at Tuesday Morning or TJ Maxx? I thought about stopping at one or the other, the other day, and couldn't get the energy to get my fat butt out of the car and walk inside :lol

Psychadellic_Hippy_Horse
06-17-2009, 02:26 PM
Great idea. I'd love a forum for that! :)

DraytonWoods
06-17-2009, 02:34 PM
Speaking of...has anyone found anything recently at Tuesday Morning or TJ Maxx? I thought about stopping at one or the other, the other day, and couldn't get the energy to get my fat butt out of the car and walk inside :lol

There wasn't anything in TJ maxx by me, and I've been getting the Tuesday mailers but no dice there either. I haven't gone to mine, and it's a crazy reason, in a while: they have the RUSTIEST, non-child-friendly carts ever! The last time there was a big Breyer sale I had her under one arm football style and boxes perched on my other arm. :lol

lonesomeglorylover
06-17-2009, 02:36 PM
:yes good Idea :D

cherrywood
06-17-2009, 03:07 PM
Excellent idea though for some reason my TJMaxx never has any plastic ponies

PolarVrtX
06-17-2009, 03:36 PM
I would participate! I went to my Tuesday Morning a few weeks ago and all they had was a leftover Goffert and a plethora of MW paint-your-own sets & Starlight SM activity sets. Haven't been to TJM in awhile :D

Intothesunstudio
06-17-2009, 04:08 PM
I"ve been to 6 different TJ Maxx stores and 4 Marshalls and no Breyers. The two Tuesday Mornings in my area have nothing as well. The deals are gone!

bronzino
06-17-2009, 04:53 PM
Here's what we can do: start a thread in the Arena and bump it whenever you get some news or good info. I'll even sticky it on an experimental basis if we get a couple of independent posts in there. I don't think we need a whole new sub-forum for just one topic, tho. :)

WindMillSongRanch
06-17-2009, 04:54 PM
There wasn't anything in TJ maxx by me, and I've been getting the Tuesday mailers but no dice there either. I haven't gone to mine, and it's a crazy reason, in a while: they have the RUSTIEST, non-child-friendly carts ever! The last time there was a big Breyer sale I had her under one arm football style and boxes perched on my other arm. :lol

:haha That had to be interesting to see! :grin

bronzino
06-17-2009, 04:58 PM

Ok, I consider this a rather good reason, myself. :) I share your pain. A sound clean cart is essential to a good shopping experience! Our grocery store recently replaced its carts. Like all grocery carts, there's a lower-shelf like area between the cart legs where heavy or large items can be stowed. ON THE NEW CARTS, THE SHELF IS PERCHED AT AN INCLINE SO EVERYTHING FALLS OFF IT WHEN YOU ROLL THE CART. Yes, I am yelling because it has got to be the stupidest design to make major production that I have seen in recent years. There's the Yugo, and now THIS!!!

ReinaEquina
02-01-2010, 08:24 PM
loveeeee this idea! :) It should be for non-subbys too ;) It would help us save money for subby cost :P