PDA

View Full Version : We need a forum for Hobby History!

Roseridge
02-02-2005, 01:15 PM
I think a lot of us are concerned about losing our hobby's collective memory. We need a hobby history forum to help create awareness about the beginnings of the hobby and to see if we might together start to collect the the thoughts and memories of folks who were early hobbyists.

Heather
02-02-2005, 01:38 PM
Can you think of an existing forum that it would be appropriate to tuck it into? Like a sub-forum of the Arena, or...??

mumtaz
02-02-2005, 03:12 PM
Ooh! That would be neat!

Roseridge
02-02-2005, 07:56 PM
Can you think of an existing forum that it would be appropriate to tuck it into? Like a sub-forum of the Arena, or...??

I think a sub-forum to the Arena would be just fine...Thanks so much for considering it!

BTW, Heather--I am sorry for the way I wrote so emphatically, I tend to get all excited about this particular subject and I forget my manners...I should have asked nicely, like I always ask my daughter to do, instead I got all excited and emphatic and kinda insisted...Bad manners, but a reflection of the passion I feel for the subject...Sorry!
:sigh

Wanda Eversberg
02-02-2005, 09:22 PM
Hi Kate!
That is such an excellent idea. Some one should write a book on the history of the hobby as a matter of fact. We've been around for 30+ years and it's time that it was all transcribed for future generations of hobbbyists to learn from, instead of entrusting it to word of mouth...no bedouins here <bg>.

Roseridge
02-02-2005, 11:08 PM
Thanks for starting it up, Heather!!!!!!!!!!

And, my fellow multi-decade hobbyists, please come to visit the forum in The Studio and read my rough draft timeline and my list of possible interview subjects, let's see if we can get something started here!
:cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer

eofelis
02-05-2005, 01:11 PM
The Hobby History forum is my new favorite forum!
I like to stroll down memory lane.......

Thanks Kate!!!!!!!

Heather
02-05-2005, 04:00 PM
I think a sub-forum to the Arena would be just fine...Thanks so much for considering it!

BTW, Heather--I am sorry for the way I wrote so emphatically, I tend to get all excited about this particular subject and I forget my manners...I should have asked nicely, like I always ask my daughter to do, instead I got all excited and emphatic and kinda insisted...Bad manners, but a reflection of the passion I feel for the subject...Sorry!
:sigh:roflmao And that's exactly what I was thinking: "Man, that Kate sure is a demanding person!" :lol NOT! I think it's my new favorite forum, too. WOW was that ever a great idea you had, and I am so thrilled how QUICKLY it's getting stuffed with all kinds of awesome flashbacks! :adore