PDA

View Full Version : User CP suggestion

Mel Miller
05-01-2009, 03:35 PM
I have a suggestion! I'm always forgetting to change my custom user title when I change my avatar. And since whatever I put in there has something to do with the pic, they don't match up (until someone kindly points it out to me... ha). I know a lot of other people have this problem too, so...

Is it possible to move the custom user title function (currently under "edit your details") over to the "edit avatar" page? Or possibly just duplicate the field over there if some want it to stay in edit your details?

Templewood_Studios
05-01-2009, 04:04 PM
:yeahthat

That's a great idea and would come in very handy! Is it possible?

bronzino
05-03-2009, 08:19 AM
I just scrounged around the admin panel and I don't see an option to relocate that feature, nor anything in the Options menu of the User CP. I'll refer the question to Mary, though; maybe it's something she can do when we deal with the upgrade.

Mary
05-03-2009, 08:41 PM
Me three, actually. But I'd have to so thoroughly hack the program that vB would get snotty about continuing to support us. They would say that Blab isn't their software any more, it's our software, good luck and have a happy life.

I'd redesign that whole user options area, myself. It isn't terribly friendly imo. Hard to find stuff people know is there.

vB (vBulletin,) provider of Blab's forum software, is in the process of major re-design, with the same basic forum. Let's see if they address the user control panel in their future upgrades. Later this year and next year. :)

Mel Miller
05-09-2009, 05:15 PM
I thought that would probably be the case. Thanks for looking into it though guys! :grouphug