PDA

View Full Version : I'm Back.

AMG
06-19-2009, 11:22 PM
Sorry about that. My life was extremely messy there for a while. Actually, it still is, but the chaos is at a more manageable level at least.

In the past couple of weeks I've had to deal with: death, divorce, a medical emergency and surgery (none my own) and a bizarre on-again, off-again saga involving a rescue puppy that ended with my neurotic cousin being stranded in Indiana or something. And trying to teach my mother how to cross-stitch (which may be the most stressful thing, actually. Dang woman's unteachable!)

Oh yeah, and getting fired from a retail job. Three days after I was given assurances from the boss that no such decisions were even close to being made. From a company that makes an extremely big to-do about upholding certain values and doing right by their employees.

Yeah, right.

I did manage to get a couple of decent sized checks out of the situation, which very temporarily solves my money problems. The CC bill is paid, I can afford my dental appointments now, and I might be able to get those new glasses I desperately need.

Since I now have some free time on my hands, I'm desperately trying to catch up on my BreyerFest preparations. I thought that I wouldn't need a roommate this year with having a steady gig and all, but that has of course changed, and I'll need to be taking care of that situation right quick, too.

(All the usual stipulations apply: ground floor of the HIN, nonsmoking, no drugs, preferably no gum chewing, no boyfriend/girlfriend drama, no babies or pets unless they're well-behaved/can take care of themselves, and must be okay with me selling stuff and being the resident HIN gossip girl.)

My online activity until recently has been reserved to lurking and working on my blog. I'm not getting anything out of it financially or modelly yet, but keeping a regular writing schedule has been just about the only thing that's kept me from going into a berserker rage.

I should be online for a significant period of time over the next several days, so my responses will be a little more timely if any of y'all need to get in contact with me.

Laura G
06-19-2009, 11:25 PM
Good to see you, Andrea! :)

Nightmare
06-19-2009, 11:30 PM
Welcome back. Good to see that some things have resolved in your favor. Life do have a way of crashing down at times. You seem pretty positive and upbeat despite it all. I'm glad you're making it and found your way back to Blab. :hugg :hugg:hugg

Equus of Antiquity
06-19-2009, 11:33 PM
Sorry that you've been having such a rough time, but welcome back! :hello

Hsaiotei
06-19-2009, 11:37 PM
Andrea, I'm glad you're back. PM me if you haven't found a roomie yet; I'm looking for one and I think I can meet all your criteria. I'm not doing any room sales, but if whoever comes in with me wants to, that's fine. I probably won't be in the room much anyhow if past years' experience holds true.

Beth

turbogrrl
06-19-2009, 11:49 PM
:hugg

Glad to see you back on Blab!

-Lauren

midnightshetan
06-20-2009, 08:14 AM
:hugg
I missed seeing your name around here! :) Good to see you back. :hugg. Glad to hear things are calming down a bit for you.

sharonl
06-20-2009, 09:41 AM
Glad you're back, Andrea! :hugg I've been meaning to tell you how very much I'm enjoying your blog. I read it religiously and always look forward to seeing new posts! Keep up the good work! :)

AMG
06-20-2009, 02:59 PM
Thanks, all.

Had to spend the very muggy morning taking a machete to the garden; in my "absence" it had apparently turned into a northern branch of the Amazon Basin.

The part-time cats came over for a visit: as antisocial as their reputation is, kitties sure do know when you need their company. (Keeping a garden well-stocked with catnip, valerian and small, tasty critters doesn't hurt, either.)

Beth, I'll be PMing you shortly - I have a few non-Festy e-mails to follow up on first.

bronzino
06-20-2009, 04:48 PM
Welcome back. Sorry things have apparently been so stressful!

Kathe
06-20-2009, 05:00 PM
I'm glad to see that you have returned!:hugg

Sorry that you have been under so much stress. Breyerfest should be a welcomed break for you. :)

BearsnBugs
06-20-2009, 05:48 PM
Glad you're back, Andrea. Hope things settle down for you!