PDA

View Full Version : Blocking threads

Melissa
07-08-2009, 11:22 PM
Is there any way to 'block' a forum? I like seeing ads, but I think it's a little manipulative of the 'new posts' feature to bump sales threads every 5 minutes, and I find it annoying to see the same ads every day with no new info. I know all it takes is to hit the "<" button, but it'd still be a nice feature. Or just a way to block a certain thread from showing up in New Posts... there probably is a way to do this that I'm not aware of! Please educate me!

Psychadellic_Hippy_Horse
07-09-2009, 12:01 AM
I'm not sure how to do this, but did the threads I bumped up earlier bother you? :lol Sorry if they did!

lonesomeglorylover
07-09-2009, 07:51 AM
Good idea maudie! :D

Mary
07-09-2009, 09:56 AM
Bumping threads in Sales is an infractionable offense. Just BTW. :wink

OK, mods now have the heads up - we'll watch Sales more carefully and make sure people are following the rules. Sounds like some haven't been. Those who ignore rules may find themselves not able to bump anything, if you get what I mean - we don't have time to enforce the same thing over and over.

I think that's the answer, maudie. :grin

bronzino
07-09-2009, 12:20 PM
Report threads you believe are abusive.

Psychadellic_Hippy_Horse
07-09-2009, 01:51 PM
Bumping threads in Sales is an infractionable offense. Just BTW. :wink

Since when? I haven't seen that metioned anywhere on the rules or FAQ... :dunno

bronzino
07-09-2009, 02:27 PM
MOD NOTE: People who bump incessantly effectively violate this rule:

You may only make your post in one forum. Duplicates will be deleted or merged. Bumping doesn't involve making an actual copy of the post, but the user is effectively replicating the post each time she bumps it. We have tolerated some measure of reasonable bumping in the past, IIRC, but not bumping sufficient to put someone in spamming territory. I think people have previously said that they don't mind bumping once a week, over two maybe three weeks. Three or four times, at shorter intervals, is annoying.

And "since when?" sounds a bit like a challenge. I expect that you and our other members will address Mary with a respectful tone.

Psychadellic_Hippy_Horse
07-09-2009, 02:33 PM
MOD NOTE: People who bump incessantly effectively violate this rule:

Bumping doesn't involve making an actual copy of the post, but the user is effectively replicating the post each time she bumps it. We have tolerated some measure of reasonable bumping in the past, IIRC, but not bumping sufficient to put someone in spamming territory. I think people have previously said that they don't mind bumping once a week, over two maybe three weeks. Three or four times, at shorter intervals, is annoying.

And "since when?" sounds a bit like a challenge. I expect that you and our other members will address Mary with a respectful tone.Well, thank you for the information. I just don't want to get in trouble because I bumped some of my threads recently.

bronzino
07-09-2009, 02:41 PM
Now I see your concern, and no, no one is going to "get into trouble" over something that isn't clearly spelled out in the FAQs. I'll discuss with Mary and we'll update the FAQs to make a clear reference.