PDA

View Full Version : Leaving for Texas

HorseChick
07-23-2009, 01:48 PM
I'm flying to Houston tomorrow morning to pick up the SUV I'm buying from my daddy. I won't have email access nor probably much access to the internet, period.

Wave if you see a burnt orange Explorer passing you headed eastbound down I-10 :lol

Drakkarstudios
07-23-2009, 01:57 PM
You probably won't hit Dallas at all, but I'll be waving from about 200 miles away. lol

Charlotte

Gilder
07-23-2009, 01:58 PM
I'm flying to Houston tomorrow morning to pick up the SUV I'm buying from my daddy. I won't have email access nor probably much access to the internet, period.

Wave if you see a burnt orange Explorer passing you headed eastbound down I-10 :lol

Tracy, I wish I had the vacation time available to head down along I-10 to wave at you as you rushed by!

HAVE A SAFE TRIP!!!

Sweet Defense
07-23-2009, 02:13 PM
I'll be waving from Houston. Have fun on I-10 (shudder) - better going east than west, though.

HorseChick
07-23-2009, 07:10 PM
You probably won't hit Dallas at all, but I'll be waving from about 200 miles away. lol

Charlotte

I've never even been to Dallas. :lol We are headed straight home to Beaumont.

HorseChick
07-23-2009, 07:11 PM
Tracy, I wish I had the vacation time available to head down along I-10 to wave at you as you rushed by!

HAVE A SAFE TRIP!!!

Thanks, Cheryl. I wish someone other then myself was making this trip, period. I am not a good flyer. My tummy is already upset thinking about it. I know I'm not going to sleep well and I have to be up at 4am.

HorseChick
07-23-2009, 07:13 PM
I'll be waving from Houston. Have fun on I-10 (shudder) - better going east than west, though.

I don't think they EVER get I-10 construction finished. I think there's a law against it or something :haha

I am coming into to Hobby instead of HIA. Dad talked me into it :thud I hope the plane has jet engines instead of propeller. :sigh

Sweet Defense
07-23-2009, 07:54 PM
Closer to me. Are you flying Southwest? That's their airport. It'll have a jet engine. You could always take a sidetour of Galveston.

Actually 10 going in that direction isn't too bad, it's the Katy freeway part of it that scares me to death. Have fun! Look out for any gators and snakes. Major t-storm here today, but tomorrow morning should be fine.

Kathe
07-23-2009, 08:01 PM
Have a great time! :)

HorseChick
07-23-2009, 08:28 PM
Closer to me. Are you flying Southwest? That's their airport. It'll have a jet engine. You could always take a sidetour of Galveston.

Actually 10 going in that direction isn't too bad, it's the Katy freeway part of it that scares me to death. Have fun! Look out for any gators and snakes. Major t-storm here today, but tomorrow morning should be fine.

Yep, Southwest it is. They have the best safety record. Dad said it was closer and easier to get to then HIA.

My son was born on Galveston Island at TMBH. :) I've been there many times. I've only been to Houston a few though. Mostly to the Galleria and the to Dome for concerts.

HorseChick
07-23-2009, 08:28 PM
Have a great time! :)

Thank you! There's no place like home :haha

Equus of Antiquity
07-24-2009, 11:03 AM

:lol I'll be on the overpass with a big sign, "HIYA HORSECHICK!!" as you pass through Alabama.

HorseChick
07-24-2009, 05:29 PM
:lol I'll be on the overpass with a big sign, "HIYA HORSECHICK!!" as you pass through Alabama.

:roflmao

I'm here. The flight was fine. It's just as hot here as it is in Florida. :yuk

The Explorer is very clean and runs great. I'll be starting for home in the morning. My butt isn't looking forward to it.