PDA

View Full Version : BUMPING POLICY

bronzino
08-01-2009, 07:55 PM
http://www.modelhorseblab.com/forums/announcement.php?f=88

We are now formally limiting people to three bumps per ad in Sales, although it's a trial basis (so it won't be in the FAQs just yet). I'm seeing ads with bumps of 7-8 times and that in my judgment is excessive.

If you see people exceeding three bumps, please use the post report feature. Thank you.

ravensgate
08-01-2009, 08:05 PM
:bump

Not being a smarty pants but is there a time frame? Like, sales posts bumped 7-8 times over 4 months might not be excessive, but in a week is. Might need some clarification:grin

Also might want to mention what 'bumping' involves. Such a gray area. I see folks that post a sales ad, then a day later might come over to knock $5 or say they are open to trades. Is that still 'bumping' or is it specifically 'Still available!!!', ':bump' 'Come on, SOMEBODY wants this horse right?' or the ever popular 'Please buy my horse, my world is crumbling around me and can only be saved if you pay me $30 for this horse'. Like, is that bumping?? It is right?

If I post a sales ad, and then a few days after respond to a comment somebody made, is that me bumping my own ad up? Are we allowed to respond to commentary without it being deemed bumping?

I'm really not trying to be annoying, I swear. I just think you might have to
S P E L L I T O U T for some folks. You know how it is Liz. :stickpoke

bronzino
08-01-2009, 08:22 PM
I think since this is a trial, I'd like to see if people can exercise some common sense before I start venturing into numbered paragraph-land. :lol If I see people setting friends up to ask Qs so they can avoid a bumping charge: dumb move. If I see people posting new ads to avoid the bumping rule: dumb move. If someone is reducing a price, I will assume that's not bumping. Or if it is, they're paying a big price just to bump here on Blab, so I'm not going to worry about it. And so on.

I am going to stay with three, period, not over any particular time frame. You do three in a week, fine (and people might want to, for auctions). If you do three over three months, fine. But three is all you get, so don't waste 'em. I think 7-8 bumps over any period of time is too much for a single sales item. It's not selling here, if it needs to be bumped that much or that often.

ravensgate
08-01-2009, 08:26 PM
I am going to stay with three, period, not over any particular time frame. You do three in a week, fine (and people might want to, for auctions). If you do three over three months, fine. But three is all you get, so don't waste 'em. I think 7-8 bumps over any period of time is too much for a single sales item. It's not selling here, if it needs to be bumped that much or that often.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, got ya. See, apparently you needed to spell it out FOR ME because it never dawned on me that '3' was the magic number regardless of when the time frame was. Been a long week. But I consider myself of medium point in the box of crayons so if I didn't get it, perhaps others didn't either. I hope:lol

bronzino
08-01-2009, 08:31 PM
It's cool and in your defense, I think when we last discussed this, I did say that if we did a rule, it was going to be so many over a certain period of time. But I don't want to be goofing around with calculating time frames. Too much niggling and we have enough to do 'round here. :grin

HorseChick
08-01-2009, 08:48 PM
We're supposed to bump sales threads? Maybe that's what I'm doing wrong....

bronzino
08-01-2009, 08:49 PM
We're supposed to bump sales threads? Maybe that's what I'm doing wrong....

LOL!! No no no Tracy!!

cheseri
08-01-2009, 08:55 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, got ya. See, apparently you needed to spell it out FOR ME because it never dawned on me that '3' was the magic number regardless of when the time frame was. Been a long week. But I consider myself of medium point in the box of crayons so if I didn't get it, perhaps others didn't either. I hope:lol

I'm not the sharpest crayon either, I wanted some details too :haha. Good to know that lowering the price doesn't count, but one last question, I promise: If you a post a list of for sale items and post back a couple times along the way when certain items are sold, then *within reason* is that OK? I have a list up of about 20 different tack sets in one thread, so when one sells, I try to let people know. Once the thread is more than a month or two old though, I wouldn't bother.

bronzino
08-01-2009, 09:18 PM
If you a post a list of for sale items and post back a couple times along the way when certain items are sold, then *within reason* is that OK? I have a list up of about 20 different tack sets in one thread, so when one sells, I try to let people know. Once the thread is more than a month or two old though, I wouldn't bother.

Yes, this is fine. I don't want to make a federal case out of it, or spend my time haunting Sales forums, so use that as your gauge for how excited I am about having to roll out and enforce this policy. :grin

ravensgate
08-01-2009, 09:24 PM
Yes, this is fine. I don't want to make a federal case out of it, or spend my time haunting Sales forums, so use that as your gauge for how excited I am about having to roll out and enforce this policy. :grin

It's 'Let's pester Liz day':haha Some of us have common sense and know that the bumping of sales threads is not only irritating but also disrespectful to other members. I find this is more prevalent with newer members or even some of the longer standing members that seem to just want too much for their horse and can't seem to understand that the price is too high so they bump once every couple of weeks or once a month without ever dropping the price. If I see a sales thread bumped up within a couple of days of posting I figure the horse is sold or the price is dropped. If I click on it and it's just an annoying ':bump' well then :somad

Landshark
08-01-2009, 09:40 PM
I guess I am a very dim colour in the crayon box but I never realized people bumping sales threads were irritating or disrepectful. I just over look those if I'm not interested. Has this really been a big problem? :dunno There are plenty of other threads that do irritate me but again I just pass over them....... :peace

ravensgate
08-01-2009, 10:04 PM
I guess I am a very dim colour in the crayon box but I never realized people bumping sales threads were irritating or disrepectful. I just over look those if I'm not interested. Has this really been a big problem? :dunno There are plenty of other threads that do irritate me but again I just pass over them....... :peace

Oh, well, maybe that's just my own personal opinion then. I'm talking bumping the stinkin ad several times within a day. Or even once a day. It winds up irritating me for sure. Especially when the person has ads/separate threads for about 8-10 horses and bumps them all daily or every couple of days. Nothing like clicking 'New Posts' when I come in in the afternoon and the first 10 threads are sales posts that I just saw the day before. But maybe I'm just grumpy. Then again, it has to be bothering somebody besides me for the 'rule' to be started. Right?

At the end of the day it doesn't bother me a ton, it's just an annoyance.

Landshark
08-01-2009, 10:09 PM
I guess when I click on New Posts it must be a different time of the day because I don't recall seeing so many. Oh well.

bronzino
08-01-2009, 10:13 PM
You are not the only person using the "New Post" feature who is bothered by it, I assure you. The other consequence is that legitimate threads are bounced from the forum index, which affects still other people. And from where I'm sitting, there's no good reason to do it. An item that doesn't sell after three bumps is probably not going to sell.

Cwallbruch
08-02-2009, 07:31 AM
bump

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :D

bronzino
08-02-2009, 07:31 AM
bump

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :D

hey quit farting around here and confirm my M&M entry!!

Stitch
08-02-2009, 10:10 AM
OK, I've got something to say about this. I was one given a warning. No big deal.(please also note that NONE of my ads were even threaded with a reply worded 'bump') It would be nice to have the ability to edit our posts instead of having to add a new reply every time. 10 Mins is not long enough. I think a week limit would be nice in the sales forum. If it doesn't sell within a week, it's not going to sell. That way I can just edit it, if the price changes or it has sold or add more pics of needed, instead being given a warning on it being 'bumped'.

bronzino
08-02-2009, 10:12 AM
OK, I've got something to say about this. I was one given a warning. No big deal.(please also note that NONE of my ads were even threaded with a reply worded 'bump') It would be nice to have the ability to edit our posts instead of having to add a new reply every time. 10 Mins is not long enough. I think a week limit would be nice in the sales forum.

I ordinarily wouldn't comment on this, but please note that your warning was reversed. I viewed your updates as legitimate ones.

I do not know if the edit time can be set by forum. I can check into that.

ETA: At least in my interface, it can't be changed by forum. If I reset it for Sales, it gets reset for all of Blab. Part of the problem here is we aren't using ad software. Apparently we had it at one time and abandoned it for some reason. So we are basically trying to convert discussion software to ad software and the fit's a tad uncomfortable.

desertnightcreations
08-06-2009, 04:26 PM
I swear I am not trying to be a "pita". I didn't realize that bumping older sales threads was annoying to people.

I do have several threads in the sales forums for stuff that hasn't sold for a while(like six months). So if I'm one of the folks that folks would like to thump, my apologies. Still, I have stuff for sale that I'd like to bump. Should I do new a new thread for them, dropping the price or bump them again? What would you guys (blab mods) prefer?

Thanks, I swear I'm not normally so dense... (ok.. maybe I am <G>)

bronzino
08-06-2009, 05:29 PM
I do have several threads in the sales forums for stuff that hasn't sold for a while(like six months). So if I'm one of the folks that folks would like to thump, my apologies. Still, I have stuff for sale that I'd like to bump. Should I do new a new thread for them, dropping the price or bump them again? What would you guys (blab mods) prefer?

I'm grandfathering old threads. If you have already bumped three or more times, you get one more bump. No new threads, please. :)

"thump"/"bump" lol, Heather.

lonesomeglorylover
08-06-2009, 05:36 PM
And when someone lists an ad for every single horse they have instead of having one big thread :hit
Just thought Id throw that in here

Erin
08-06-2009, 05:41 PM
Just to make sure I understand this right - say I have an ISH I want to sell. I post his ad today. After three bumps over three months, I can no longer bump his sales thread (unless I'm lowering the price?), nor post another thread for him? So he just is out of luck for being listed on Blab?

bronzino
08-06-2009, 05:44 PM
Just to make sure I understand this right - say I have an ISH I want to sell. I post his ad today. After three bumps over three months, I can no longer bump his sales thread (unless I'm lowering the price?), nor post another thread for him? So he just is out of luck for being listed on Blab?

Well, he's perpetually listed on Blab as long as the thread isn't deleted, right? What is not perpetual is the ability to keep reminding people that he is there using the "New Posts" feature. You can't do that on any site, that I'm aware of, so we're going to limit it to three times, here.

Erin
08-06-2009, 05:49 PM
I only read blab using 'new posts' so I wasn't thinking of the people that might actually be looking by clicking the forums. :lol

Laura G
08-06-2009, 05:50 PM
And when someone lists an ad for every single horse they have instead of having one big thread :hit
Just thought Id throw that in here

That actually doesn't bother me, but I think they should combine OF models, resins, and CMs in the appropriate sales forum. I'm guessing that's what you mean? I thought at first that I was a guilty party in the bumping of sales threads. I am usually want to sell my models right away, so I do lower the price, most of the time without using the word "bump" or the bump smilie. But I usually don't bump more than 3 times, though I will do that the sane day or a couple of days until I have reduced the model as low as I can go. Or until the model is sold. Is this acceptable?

bronzino
08-06-2009, 05:50 PM
I only read blab using 'new posts' so I wasn't thinking of the people that might actually be looking by clicking the forums. :lol

Haha - that would be me! :wink

bronzino
08-06-2009, 05:52 PM
But I usually don't bump more than 3 times, though I will do that the sane day or a couple of days until I have reduced the model as low as I can go. Or until the model is sold. Is this acceptable?

Laura, see my earlier posts in this thread. Price reductions aren't considered bumping. Reduce away! :)

ETA: Also "item sold" isn't considered bumping, obviously.

Laura G
08-06-2009, 06:39 PM
Okay, that's what I thought. Just wanted to confirm! :)

desertnightcreations
08-06-2009, 06:46 PM
I'm grandfathering old threads. If you have already bumped three or more times, you get one more bump. No new threads, please. :)

"thump"/"bump" lol, Heather.

Bbwhahahaha!!!

lonesomeglorylover
08-06-2009, 07:01 PM
That actually doesn't bother me, but I think they should combine OF models, resins, and CMs in the appropriate sales forum. I'm guessing that's what you mean? I thought at first that I was a guilty party in the bumping of sales threads. I am usually want to sell my models right away, so I do lower the price, most of the time without using the word "bump" or the bump smilie. But I usually don't bump more than 3 times, though I will do that the sane day or a couple of days until I have reduced the model as low as I can go. Or until the model is sold. Is this acceptable?

Exactly, I dont mind 4-5 ads with different horses of the same Brand or make or something. :) That doesnt bother me, I only see like 3-4 sale ads in the new posts at most, but I just get mad when almost the entire board is filled with sale ads that could have been easily made into the 3-4 threads. Know what I mean?

HorseChick
08-06-2009, 08:34 PM

camaro88lover
08-06-2009, 08:36 PM

:nono

lonesomeglorylover
08-06-2009, 08:39 PM

:hit

:roflmao

bronzino
08-06-2009, 08:41 PM

:beatfish

camaro88lover
08-06-2009, 08:44 PM
:beatfish

I still REALLY like this one: :bearchair

bronzino
08-06-2009, 08:45 PM
So do I. I think Laura G's avatar at one time was a GIF of two guys slapping each other with a carp. I saw this and LOL'ed because it reminded me of that. So strange....

lonesomeglorylover
08-06-2009, 08:47 PM

I still REALLY like this one: :bearchair

lol! Thats funny too!
I love these
:beatdown :5fam :yikes :buttkick :passout and :lmao

camaro88lover
08-06-2009, 08:50 PM
So do I. I think Laura G's avatar at one time was a GIF of two guys slapping each other with a carp. I saw this and LOL'ed because it reminded me of that. So strange....

I absolutely LOVE LOVE this one. This is someone's avatar over on a car forum I frequent - make sure you watch the red smiley's facial expressions!:

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k110/camaro88lover/poking.gif

lonesomeglorylover
08-06-2009, 08:54 PM
I absolutely LOVE LOVE this one. This is someone's avatar over on a car forum I frequent - make sure you watch the red smiley's facial expressions!:

:roflmao Thats cute!!

lonesomeglorylover
08-06-2009, 08:55 PM
We should start a thread called "Disscusion of Smilies" lol!! Who wants to start it? Like a question board
Whos your favorite Smilie?
Whos your least favorite?
You do you use most of the time?
Who do you never really use?
What would you like to see?
Kinda thing, ya' know? :lmao

Drakkarstudios
08-06-2009, 09:01 PM
:passout
Why is the smiley flat???? Poor little guy. No wonder he passed out, he can't hold his alcohol....

I love this one. That's like the youtube video of the firefox that gets out of control and wrecks the desktop.....I think it was firefox....or the stick figure and the Firefox fights back....????

HorseChick
08-06-2009, 09:02 PM
:hubba I prefer this :whip

lonesomeglorylover
08-06-2009, 09:30 PM
Why is the smiley flat???? Poor little guy. No wonder he passed out, he can't hold his alcohol....

:lmao

camaro88lover
08-06-2009, 09:31 PM
:lmao

that smiley has one HECK of a Widow's Peak when he puts his head down!

lonesomeglorylover
08-06-2009, 09:32 PM
:lol Thats why I love him so much, hes so cute! :haha

bronzino
08-06-2009, 09:35 PM
lol! Thats funny too!
I love these
:beatdown :5fam :yikes :buttkick :passout and :lmao

Oh I am glad you like these. Most of them are new ones I just added.

As you can see, I get pleasure out of really dorky things. :toothy

Sharon I love the one you just posted!! That broken image icon --- ah I remember when I was designing websites, how much that symbol pissed me OFF. :grump Nice to see someone shot it out of the air.

lonesomeglorylover
08-06-2009, 09:38 PM
Oh I am glad you like these. Most of them are new ones I just added.

As you can see, I get pleasure out of really dorky things. :toothy

Sharon I love the one you just posted!! That broken image icon --- ah I remember when I was designing websites, how much that symbol pissed me OFF. :grump Nice to see someone shot it out of the air.

lol If I found you a few would you use them? lol!
What about this:
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii134/Breyerpeep/av-191-2.gif

bronzino
08-06-2009, 09:41 PM
lol If I found you a few would you use them? lol!
What about this:
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii134/Breyerpeep/av-191-2.gif

Maybe, if it is something people might use a lot, and isn't so obscure that they can't figure out WTF it means. :)

lonesomeglorylover
08-06-2009, 09:43 PM
Maybe, if it is something people might use a lot, and isn't so obscure that they can't figure out WTF it means. :)

:lol Really?

bronzino
08-06-2009, 09:45 PM
Yeah. Like "THIS IS SPARTA!!" What the hell? The Spartans lost, dude. :lol

lonesomeglorylover
08-06-2009, 09:46 PM

:roflmao *goes to find more*

lonesomeglorylover
08-06-2009, 09:53 PM

And
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.orkutstyle.com/smilies/0029.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.orkutstyle.com/smilies.asp&usg=__FGM0ieclGOQCK4MRnACgwx6CoDU=&h=163&w=169&sz=4&hl=en&start=15&tbnid=Lmiwth_eSBvIGM:&tbnh=95&tbnw=99&prev=/images%3Fq%3D.gif%2Bsmilie%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den

Drakkarstudios
08-06-2009, 09:54 PM

...but they held on for a long time....hellooooo!!!! lol

champlain
08-06-2009, 09:57 PM
Isn't Sparta a town in Wisconsin? :coolest

lonesomeglorylover
08-06-2009, 09:58 PM
...but they held on for a long time....hellooooo!!!! lol

That site I posted, I found this and our Rocker dude, but this one made me literally burst out laughing for some reason!

bronzino
08-06-2009, 10:01 PM
i admit to some bias here, as a univ of MI graduate. if this makes no sense to you, ask anyone from michigan. :wink

Drakkarstudios
08-06-2009, 10:02 PM
I just found the most repulsive smilie ever. I can't even go into what it was a rendition of........

*slinks off to vomit*

camaro88lover
08-06-2009, 10:04 PM
I just found the most repulsive smilie ever. I can't even go into what it was a rendition of........

*slinks off to vomit*

:wtf - you can't post that and not expect people to inquire!!

Drakkarstudios
08-06-2009, 10:05 PM
i admit to some bias here, as a univ of MI graduate. if this makes no sense to you, ask anyone from michigan. :wink

Why would the Spartans be in Michigan and not Wisconsin if there is a town in Wisconsin by that name???? lol

Should we get a Wolverine??? (that's U of M, right?)

Drakkarstudios
08-06-2009, 10:07 PM
:wtf - you can't post that and not expect people to inquire!!

I know :toothy

I'll PM you.

camaro88lover
08-06-2009, 10:08 PM
I know :toothy

I'll PM you.

:randommil

champlain
08-06-2009, 10:11 PM

I probably would have gotten it if it had been a gopher dressed in maroon. :grin

camaro88lover
08-06-2009, 10:26 PM
Not a smiley - but still funneh - People who appreciate cars might appreciate the humor in this one. I particularly enjoy it since the guy with the oar is in a Firebird :toothy

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k110/camaro88lover/boatoarcar.gif

elfling
08-06-2009, 10:41 PM
New Post button? What is this you speak of? :grin

I like to go into the forums and peruse the new additions. It's slow, and I miss stuff, but it's how I have always done the forum thing.

elfling
08-06-2009, 10:42 PM
Not a smiley - but still funneh - People who appreciate cars might appreciate the humor in this one. I particularly enjoy it since the guy with the oar is in a Firebird :toothy

Ohhhhhhh! If someone drove by me doing that I would... is that a Mustang he's insulting?

camaro88lover
08-06-2009, 10:43 PM
Ohhhhhhh! If someone drove by me doing that I would... is that a Mustang he's insulting?

I dunno what the yellow car is actually. I find it HILARIOUS though :roflmao

Drakkarstudios
08-06-2009, 11:31 PM

It'd be better if it was a camaro. hehe

Laura G
08-07-2009, 12:08 AM

:roflmao That's probably why I like it so much! :beatfish That was Monty Python's Flying Circus; The Fish Slapping Dance! I'll have to see if I can find it again! :lol

Laura G
08-07-2009, 12:36 AM
Well, I put it back in my avatar for your viewing pleasure! Actually, this one only shows the end of it and not the entire dance. But I couldn't find another one.

Laura G
08-07-2009, 01:16 AM
Okay, I like this one better! :thumbsup

Drakkarstudios
08-07-2009, 01:19 AM
Okay, I like this one better! :thumbsup

Ah the Fish Slapping Dance.....
I rather liked the World Wide Hide and Go Seek episode. If planes are involved in hide and go seek it's just too much effort.

Laura G
08-07-2009, 01:44 AM
While I was looking for that, I found this:

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p275/LauraGolias/MontyPythonhorse.jpg

Is that awesome or what? :grin
:lol Now my signature and avatar are totally Pythonized! :lol Gumby Brain Surgery is my favorite MPFC sketch EVER! :thumbsup

groteske
08-07-2009, 01:49 AM

Aw WTF, I had that saved waiting for the perfect opportunity to post it! I love it.

Laura G
08-07-2009, 01:50 AM
:yeahthat
I think it's awesome! :lol

Two Fishies
08-07-2009, 02:00 AM
I probably would have gotten it if it had been a gopher dressed in maroon. :grin

If there's gonna be a gopher, I want a http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s281/2fishstudios/horns.gif!

groteske
08-07-2009, 02:06 AM
One of my favorites:

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg21/katslolz/1249428420424.gif

Drakkarstudios
08-07-2009, 02:31 AM
I demand "no blabation without representation" as well.....
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_u2TGQ7j5Cow/SnvX6VWd7OI/AAAAAAAABKQ/rYMxy_CfJw8/s144/Mustang%20Up.jpg
Just a thought....lol
Hey at least mine is a horse.......:grin
The embarrasing part is after the fight song we make "pony ears", basically bunny ears, and form a lasso for however many years you attended......*blush*

mcgruff
08-07-2009, 11:44 AM
If there's gonna be a gopher, I want a http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s281/2fishstudios/horns.gif!

YESSSSS!

lonesomeglorylover
08-07-2009, 11:59 AM
While I was looking for that, I found this:

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p275/LauraGolias/MontyPythonhorse.jpg

Is that awesome or what? :grin
:lol Now my signature and avatar are totally Pythonized! :lol Gumby Brain Surgery is my favorite MPFC sketch EVER! :thumbsup

:roflmao "it's just a flesh wound!"

White_Horse
08-07-2009, 12:22 PM

I'm going to have to save that...Technically it's a "Firebird" Trans Am WS6 though. :D I can see the edge of the raised center portion of the hood. :toothy (Man I do miss my WS6 some days...). It looks like he's "paddling" by a C6 corvette. The mirror is the correct shape including the seam line. The window is also the correct shape and height.

ravensgate
08-07-2009, 12:37 PM
New Post button? What is this you speak of? :grin

I like to go into the forums and peruse the new additions. It's slow, and I miss stuff, but it's how I have always done the forum thing.

The 'New Posts' link is at the top, right next to the 'My Panel' link. If you click that, it takes you to the newest posts and includes all of the forums (except Moms, WOYM, and Youth if you aren't specifically signed into those). That's how I blab:grin

Kristi Hale
08-07-2009, 01:09 PM
I kept wondering why this thread had become so long...

http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/pp63/eringobragh915_2008/Treadmill_gangsta.gif

Erin
08-07-2009, 01:14 PM
I kept wondering why this thread had become so long...

http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/pp63/eringobragh915_2008/Treadmill_gangsta.gif

I could watch that gif all day. His little dance before hopping on really make it. That, and his lame little sandals flying off.

Laura G
08-07-2009, 01:31 PM
BWAHAHAHAHA! That one just never gets old! :thumbsup

Two Fishies
08-07-2009, 02:45 PM
I demand "no blabation without representation" as well.....
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_u2TGQ7j5Cow/SnvX6VWd7OI/AAAAAAAABKQ/rYMxy_CfJw8/s144/Mustang%20Up.jpg
Just a thought....lol
Hey at least mine is a horse.......:grin
The embarrasing part is after the fight song we make "pony ears", basically bunny ears, and form a lasso for however many years you attended......*blush*

Wow, and I thought Texas Tech's "get your guns up" was bad. ;)

<--Never lets an opportunity to rag on Tech go by...

Kristi Hale
08-07-2009, 05:30 PM
Hey, I have friends who went to Tech. Hush or I'll tell them to hit you with flying tortillas.

bronzino
08-07-2009, 06:52 PM
< looks around, grateful there are no MI State grads on here. Oh wait, there are no State grads... >

I don't have a problem with user submissions on the smileys, for the time being. :lol If people find some they like and think could be of widespread use, please PM 'em to me. Make sure you include the site of origin, and make sure they're "freeware." I don't want to have a copyright beef with some professional smiley author.