PDA

View Full Version : Why neg rep has been turned off (negative reputation)

Mary
08-03-2009, 10:49 PM
Blab's frankness policy, so frequently exercised in the forums, has no real problems with being able to give a poster negative feedback ... depending on how it is done.

Negative reputation has now been disabled for several reasons. It isn't used very often. It's the only private communications that members can't delete or shut off using the 'ignore' function, as they can with PM's, VM's and posts. What constitutes inappropriate use isn't widely agreed.

Without neg rep members now have control over what they want to see on Blab. And there are many other ways to give a contrary opinion on Blab.

:)

Landshark
08-03-2009, 10:51 PM
But we cannot delete any infractions we have either .... I have to stare at mine for the next year or so... :(

Two Fishies
08-03-2009, 11:01 PM
I'm glad to see this. :) While I've never received any negative rep and only gave it once (it was a long time ago and I can't even remember why...) my impression is that its too often used in retaliation. If a post violates blab rules, it can be reported. If you disagree with someone, you can post so publicly.

Laura G
08-03-2009, 11:03 PM
I've only used it a couple of time when a post angered me. I agree that it's not really needed.

Roseridge
08-03-2009, 11:12 PM
Never given it and never received it.

Whinnie
08-03-2009, 11:13 PM
But we cannot delete any infractions we have either .... I have to stare at mine for the next year or so... :(

I know exactly what you mean. I won't check my panel nearly as much anymore.

Jenn Miller
08-03-2009, 11:22 PM
I can count on one hand how many times I have delt it out. Believe you me, it was justified. I have gotten a couple back as well, but most were just retailation reds. But this doesn't bother me at all that it's turned off.

On another board I go to that uses this same software their reputation system is all anonmyous (or however u spell it). You can't see who gave you the rep good or bad, it's just there. Unless they write their name in the comment. I don't think Blab should use this system though, because I like to see who has left me comments and that I think people should back the things they type. :)

cheseri
08-03-2009, 11:32 PM
I know exactly what you mean. I won't check my panel nearly as much anymore.

Me three... it says reversed, but it's still there :sad. I go to my control panel to read NICE thing speople have said, it's frustrating to see that at the top each time :(

anniemare
08-04-2009, 08:23 AM
HEY! This means I probably got one of the last negative reps before they were shut off. That makes mine a collectible! :woohoo

Seriously, I have only ever gotten 2 and I *think* I have given one, but I don't remember.

Intothesunstudio
08-04-2009, 08:26 AM

:yeahthat

I only give out positive reps. If someone angers me I just walk away and go read something else.

bronzino
08-04-2009, 08:32 AM
I have never been pissed enough at anybody to bother. My interest in a subject usually dies when the thread does.

reggieqh
08-04-2009, 10:38 PM

Never given either (whatever I have to say I'll post it, not leave a red mark on their rep)but I think I did get one in error because was w/ a response
Thank you so much :hugg :hugg :hugg

So it'll be nice not to worry 'bout that again! I was so confused posting a nice little "hang in there" kinda post and got the red w/ the thank you.... :eek :dunno