PDA

View Full Version : Long Ears, Zebras, etc

Storm0387
08-04-2009, 09:40 AM
Am I missing a place to discus long ears? Specifically Zebras? I would like to do a few more mules and a donkey or two. And possibly try my hand at a zebra and I dont see anything for that here....I may be just missing it though...or something.
Thanks!!
Molly

ramiethepeep
08-04-2009, 06:06 PM
If you're doing customs on Breyers / Stones / Schliechs / what-have-you, try the Customs Corner OR the Sculpting and Customising forums.

If you're doing full original sculptures, try (again) Sculpting and Customising or So, What Do You Really Think? or Artistic Futurity. Really just read the descriptions of the forums in The Studio area, and see which one best suits what you're doing (asking a question, showing off an in-progress, premiering a new sculpture, etc. etc. etc.) Read a few threads in each to get a feel for what sorts of things people usually post in there.

There aren't any real rules for what sort of critter you can post; we've seen everything from hippogryphs to purple pintos to Traditional scale dogs to goats (already roped), bulls, cows, and there was, not too long ago, a critique session on some of the anatomical particulars of an Eohippus.

Have fun, and feel free to PM a mod with any questions. We don't bite. :)

Ramie
ramiethepeep
Blab Moderator

Two Fishies
08-04-2009, 07:18 PM
If you're doing customs on Breyers / Stones / Schliechs / what-have-you, try the Customs Corner OR the Sculpting and Customising forums.

If you're doing full original sculptures, try (again) Sculpting and Customising or So, What Do You Really Think? or Artistic Futurity. Really just read the descriptions of the forums in The Studio area, and see which one best suits what you're doing (asking a question, showing off an in-progress, premiering a new sculpture, etc. etc. etc.) Read a few threads in each to get a feel for what sorts of things people usually post in there.

There aren't any real rules for what sort of critter you can post; we've seen everything from hippogryphs to purple pintos to Traditional scale dogs to goats (already roped), bulls, cows, and there was, not too long ago, a critique session on some of the anatomical particulars of an Eohippus.

Have fun, and feel free to PM a mod with any questions. We don't bite. :)

Ramie
ramiethepeep
Blab Moderator
Wow, I'm responsible for over half of those examples. :lol

Storm0387
08-05-2009, 08:18 AM
ROFL!! Didn't think anyone would bite!! LOL
Super cool - I figured those would be the areas to look for those things. I guess now that I think about it, maybe I was looking for a place to put references - like photos and information like maybe the different patterns of zebras. I have found some info out on the web about wild colored mules and hinnys...
I will try the areas suggested and post when I have a cm in the works. :coolest :toothy
Thanks!!!
Molly Pengra