PDA

View Full Version : To anyone dealing with me (Graciela Kincaid)...

Graciela
02-20-2005, 11:49 AM
Just wanted to let you know that I'm leaving today on a funfunfun trip (:grin) and I won't be back until Monday, February 28. I most likely will not have email access, and I won't be able to send anything out or let you know if I have received anything. Please do not worry if you don't hear from me until the 28th; I have not dropped off the face of the earth. I'll be back!

Thank you! :woohoo

Graciela :)

Graciela
02-28-2005, 06:32 PM
I am back at last... Just FYI... Paris was GREAT! :adore

Swale
02-28-2005, 08:29 PM
Welcome back! Paris!?! Lucky duck! Do tell... what was it like??? :popcorn

Graciela
02-28-2005, 09:55 PM
Welcome back! Paris!?! Lucky duck! Do tell... what was it like??? :popcorn

Oh, it was great! I went to several museums (the Louvre, the Musee D'Orsay, the Picasso Museum) which were completely FULL of art. All 3 of those were fairly large (I listed them in order biggest - smallest), but even the smallest (the Picasso) had 1/4 of Picasso's life works. WOW.

I also ate such good food... *dreamy sigh* Coissants every day for breakfast (which were light, crispy, and buttery :adore), various pastries at various times of the day (berry tarts, fruit tarts, chocolate tarts, cookies, merangues, etc.)... Lunch and dinner were always very good. One of my favorite dinners was the duck ("canard") at a cute little restaurant (one of the oldest in Paris) that was delicious.

Finally, the sights... I went to Bobourg (a funky modern architecture in the middle of classic old apartment buildings), the Eiffel Tower (was going to climb it but ended up going about 1/2 way up as line to get all the way up was far too long), Notre-Dame + Ste. Chapelle (both of which had gorgeous stained glass windows and awesome gothic architecture).... And more!

Over all I found Paris very enjoyable– the Parisians were all very helpful and friendly, forgiving of our slightly bad French. The food was all SO divine, and the sights and museums were amazing. It even snowed a bit this wek, which is unusual for Paris, but it was a nice "classic" touch. I would highly recommend Paris in February or early spring, so you get to skip the huge tourist season (summer, where every Parisian is sick and tired of tourists).

Paris, je te adore!

Swale
03-01-2005, 12:33 PM
Ah, that sounds so nice. I really want to go to Paris. Hmmm... there's a honeymoon in the not so distant future (August)... maybe I can start hinting now?!? Hehe...

I'm glad you had such a nice time! :)