PDA

View Full Version : RSS

Prairie Dream
09-12-2009, 09:49 AM
I would love for Blab to have RSS feeds available. I would use that almost exclusively, it's great! I know there are lots of forums out there with this feature, I don't know if this forum software offers it but I would really love it.

Mary
09-12-2009, 10:58 AM
Carol you are psychic, I think. It's on the research list and is a definite possibility. But no eta. :grin

bronzino
11-02-2009, 11:00 AM
Carol and anybody else who cares to respond... I have been playing with RSS. I have a page on my site that sends out RSS Feeds, and a page that collects data from other people's RSS Feeds.

And I finally put two and two together, and realized I wasn't sure what purpose an outgoing RSS Feed would serve on Blab, given that we already have daily/weekly/monthly email notification of new posts to subscribed threads, and a forum index that operates a little like an RSS Feed (new material is shown on the index with some content). We also have a low-tech version of the forums for phones (which hopefully they'll update with a post form shortly). Can somebody help me think this through?