PDA

View Full Version : Polls Looking Like New Posts

bronzino
10-28-2009, 10:17 PM
When we did the last upgrade, vB added a new feature (I think) that has been flummoxing people for awhile. Every time someone votes in a poll, the thread attached to the poll appears on "New Posts" and in the "My Panel" subscribed threads list as if it had a new post. People go back to the thread, look for a new post and don't find one.

And then they post to Blab Tech asking what the deal is. :lol

I finally located the setting that turns this option "off," and I have switched it off for now, since even vB's commentary surrounding this option indicates that it can be "confusing." Let us know if you want it back ON, and we'll consider going back. Thanks. :)

Drafterz
10-28-2009, 10:20 PM
Thank You!! It gets so confusing after awhile. I would suggest to those interested in the poll/thread should make sure they subscribe to it.

Otherwise you just made my day!!! :grin

LaughingStockStables
10-28-2009, 11:56 PM
Perfect! Thanks, Liz!

val2005horse
10-29-2009, 02:57 AM
Thanks!

indefinitely_jaded
10-29-2009, 06:58 AM
Thank You!! It gets so confusing after awhile. I would suggest to those interested in the poll/thread should make sure they subscribe to it.

Otherwise you just made my day!!! :grin

:yeahthat

Thanks! :thumbsup

Eowin
10-29-2009, 07:02 AM
thankyouthankyouthankyou

Mary
10-29-2009, 09:22 PM
Yep, having a vote bump the thread, without a post, keeps a poll on people's horizons, but otherwise it's not accomplishing much.

When Blab has a Blab poll of any kind we highlight it in the notices area. Even if new posts are not being added that provides the reminder, without the voting bumps.