PDA

View Full Version : Pamphlets?

LHunsinger
11-02-2009, 10:22 PM
Do we have any type of pamphlets that can be handed out at shows? Trying to figure out how to get more people in my area involved in Blab.

Erin
11-02-2009, 11:36 PM
I would love something like this, if one was created. I'd happily set some out at the shows and be a Blabassador! (that word merge didn't work out as well as most...)

bronzino
11-03-2009, 01:10 PM
Mary might have something like this in her stockhold of Blab promo schtuff. If not, we have got to make one. This is a really great idea.

Bravo, Lee Ann.

LaughingStockStables
11-03-2009, 02:05 PM
Amblabsador? :D Very cool idea.

LHunsinger
11-03-2009, 07:27 PM
Maybe something even business card size?

bronzino
11-03-2009, 07:58 PM
So they can pocket it. Sure.

champlain
11-03-2009, 08:26 PM
Maybe something even business card size?

Like a magnet. Stick it on the frig and it would be seen on a daily basis :)

Stacy
11-03-2009, 09:03 PM
In the past at my events I've done little typed up sheets with various online websites to check out, Blab included.

I'd *LOVE* to have something to hand out at novice events. I think Mary may have sent flyers once, I could be making things up though!

bronzino
11-03-2009, 09:10 PM
That's really cool, Stacy - thank you!

A magnet is a great idea. It might even survive the wash...

Honestly, *anything* to get the rest of the hobby off Yahoogroups and over here. I'm not saying I want those groups to fail or for Blab to consume the whole hobby, but I find Yahoogroups IMPOSSIBLE to tolerate re: continuity of discussions. People are all over the place because the format is not conducive to extended discussion. Drives me nanners.

camaro88lover
11-03-2009, 09:15 PM
That's really cool, Stacy - thank you!

A magnet is a great idea. It might even survive the wash...

Honestly, *anything* to get the rest of the hobby off Yahoogroups and over here. I'm not saying I want those groups to fail or for Blab to consume the whole hobby, but I find Yahoogroups IMPOSSIBLE to tolerate re: continuity of discussions. People are all over the place because the format is not conducive to extended discussion. Drives me nanners.

Well, I dunno if you saw my post in the wanted classifieds Liz - but I will be a guest speaker for a Horse Judging class in the spring at the High School that I teach at. I hope to have some models to donate to the class/students to help educate them on horse judging. I could give out/have stuff available to students regarding Blab :grin

bronzino
11-03-2009, 09:18 PM
That would be marvelous, Sharon! I've sent the link to this thread to Mary. :)

What will you wear?

camaro88lover
11-03-2009, 09:28 PM
That would be marvelous, Sharon! I've sent the link to this thread to Mary. :)

What will you wear?

As much as I'd love to wear my Region X Regalia (:lol) I'll be teaching that day too, so I kinda have to dress "appropriately" - but maybe I can still sneak wearing my RX shirt :grin

Mary
11-04-2009, 03:40 PM
Brochures are an awesome idea. Something already available to live shows that ask for it is Blab name tags! (click for more info) (http://www.modelhorseblab.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87655)

Also available for live shows, as supplies last, are 2-3 prizes to be used at the discretion of the showholder, as well as the name tags. Prizes are the Blab slingbags and some Blab photo-insert mouse pads. Just haven't yet promoted it!

I will work on the brochures - let me know if you want some and how many. Blab-ambassadors are absolutely awesome. By all means recruit friends and local showers to come join you in the forums. :talk :grin

Oh and fwiw ... there is a discount on banner ads for live shows, $15 for the 2 months prior to show date. If anyone needs help putting together a banner that can be done. The banner ad url can link to a post in Show Announcements. :)

LHunsinger
11-05-2009, 07:00 PM
I would be PROUD to be a Blab-ambassador! Just let me know. :grintongue

jjbreyer
11-13-2009, 04:30 PM
Each year for the show I'm part of I've typed up a double side flyer, one side lists all the upcoming events (known to that date) and how to contact the show holder and the otherside lists reference areas/sites for more information (Felicia's book, Rio Rondo for tack making, USET, etc etc). They are always popular with everyone - gives the novices ideas of where to find things and the "old timers" a quick reference to upcoming shows. I also have the Reg 10 website on there to get people more involved with our region and to stay updated on area events. Lots of info packed into one page and this way nobody misses anything.

Free pick-up things are great for people, though you need to either have a strong novice following or at a live horse event. Otherwise, most "open" showers know about Blab (whether or not they go there is another thing) Thankfully, I have both for our show which is cool.

LHunsinger
11-13-2009, 08:13 PM
I LOVE this idea! Could you mail me one if you have one on hand?

LA

Each year for the show I'm part of I've typed up a double side flyer, one side lists all the upcoming events (known to that date) and how to contact the show holder and the otherside lists reference areas/sites for more information (Felicia's book, Rio Rondo for tack making, USET, etc etc). They are always popular with everyone - gives the novices ideas of where to find things and the "old timers" a quick reference to upcoming shows. I also have the Reg 10 website on there to get people more involved with our region and to stay updated on area events. Lots of info packed into one page and this way nobody misses anything.

Free pick-up things are great for people, though you need to either have a strong novice following or at a live horse event. Otherwise, most "open" showers know about Blab (whether or not they go there is another thing) Thankfully, I have both for our show which is cool.

Jacqueline
12-23-2009, 10:30 PM
That sounds like a great idea!