PDA

View Full Version : An article section on blab?

Martina
11-11-2009, 11:34 AM
There has been some talk of JAH and discussion about how the older JAH were better than the new “kid oriented” ones. I miss a lot of the old mags that were published before the internet took over. I love blab but miss the in depth articles the old mags had. I was wondering what people would think of adding an area to post articles on blab. Do you think it would be a good idea to ask for a spot? Do you think you would contribute or read articles?

I’m on a few other forums for my other hobby (aquariums) and they have a section for articles. They look like articles in a magazine with accompanying photos. People can comment on them and ask questions below the article. I love the banter back and forth on blab but I’m missing the old articles that someone took time to put information together in a comprehensive way; something that you could print out and reference when you needed it. Everyone has some knowledge to share about some topic in the hobby.

Some topics I’ve thought of are:
How to put on a model horse show
How to judge halter and performance
How to prep a model
How resins are cast or how ceramics are molded
How to take good indoor photos of models for showing now that blab has photos shows
How to articles on tack making (a little more than the basic halter making)
The basics on a discipline that the author knows a lot about and mistakes they see
Some reference photos and discussion on horse hair growth patterns

I know there have been discussions about these topics in the past I just think it would be nice to be able to have a resource of the information posted by someone who has organized it into an article. I’m missing articles not geared for the very basic beginner.

Martina

Jacqueline
11-11-2009, 12:44 PM
That would be so cool! Great idea!

dunfold
11-11-2009, 01:29 PM
That is a most brilliant idea :bow

Mary
11-11-2009, 01:50 PM
Martina, hold tight! It is a great idea, and to be done well it needs some supporting software. It has been discussed in the mod forum as something Blab would like to do.

I am putting you down as a volunteer if we get articles on Blab! :lol

In the meantime, check the sticky posts in OF Corral (http://www.modelhorseblab.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65330) and The Studio (http://www.modelhorseblab.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62110) for helpful Blab threads and information on other sites.

Mel Miller
11-11-2009, 01:53 PM
I have several full articles with pictures I'd be happy to put in a Blab library! :grabby

Womack
11-11-2009, 01:54 PM
I think thatd be a great idea. I miss the old black and white published 'magazines' that I used to get. So many more articles, more in depth information. Heck, I remember the old 'SASE' days, wow... lol memory lane there!

I think Blab would be fully capable of having its own magazine set up. Blab could have a forum, as well as a magazine. Im sure wed get alot more members as well and flood this forum. :) I would be perfectly willing to create this magazine and set it up. I have done numerous magazines in my day and have a degree in Graphic Design. Id be happy to donate my time to create this. :) I also have the printing equipment in my garage to do this so the first few editions wouldn't cost me anything to produce but a little time on the weekends. If we charged a small fee for subscriptions, it would help keep the magazine going at minimal cost to anyone involved.

Just an idea. :)

sharonl
11-11-2009, 02:11 PM
I think this would be a great addition to Blab! I'd love any and all articles relating to OF Breyers, and might be able to contribute once in a while as well! :)

Martina
11-11-2009, 02:29 PM
Martina, hold tight! It is a great idea, and to be done well it needs some supporting software. It has been discussed in the mod forum as something Blab would like to do.

I am putting you down as a volunteer if we get articles on Blab! :lol

In the meantime, check the sticky posts in OF Corral (http://www.modelhorseblab.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65330) and The Studio (http://www.modelhorseblab.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62110) for helpful Blab threads and information on other sites.

I enjoy stirring up trouble. :lol

Sure you can put me down. I wrote an article for JAH on night lights that I could revamp and add more models I've collected since then.:embarras: I also work up an article about dioramas and some props.

Martina