Dapple's Blog

General model stuff as it relates to my personal experiene and observations.

1. PS Bennifer rose gray arab

Well, I got this new Peter Stone Arab, Bennifer. All his pics suggested he was bay. When I looked him up on the reference site it stated he was rose gray. What? It wasn't until I did a search in the Blab forum for color, pedigree and the like that I learned that rose gray is the term for a bay going gray. MMystery solved; it is the best of both worlds since I favor both grays and bays. I still have yet to get me a dapple bay arab and a dapple grey arab.
    bennifer_left.jpgbennifer_rt.jpgbennifer_rt.jpg ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. SM Western Saddle photos

Found a way to do it!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images
  3. Stablemate tack attempt

Oi! I knew it would be a challenge. I think I did okay. The stirrups are a little far back....well, were a little far back, I just tweaked them. I have learned how to skive this leather lace, a 1mm kangaroo. It is essential the blade be even and level. The lace is already so small that I had to keep it close to the edge so my blade wouldn't be cockeyed. I really like the glue I used; Beacon 527 multi use glue. The easiest way I've found to apply it is to put a puddle nearby and use a soldering ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Leather carving............

I've been playing with my leather carving stuff.: This is actually done for a gift. I have reservations on it. I htink maybe the application of paint really minimizes and hides the fact that the leather is tooled and stamped.leatherbarn.jpg
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Its been over a year!

I remember getting the reminder about my membership expiring and thought it ended in May, wait, maybe it did, But I think maybe I registered more than a year ago. No matter, I wasn't going to renew it until July because of a big trip coming up over the 4th. The trip got cancelled so I renewed my Blab membership. I like the way things are here.

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast