Dapple's Blog

General model stuff as it relates to my personal experiene and observations.

1. First Western bridle

I made this to match the slit braid breast collar I got in grab bag from eBay.

First_bridle.jpg
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. More on the more New Breyers............

When I got them home from Tuesday Morning, it was a while before I opened them. Right off the bat things were missing out of both boxes. The Fun with Model Horses was missing its booklet about customizing models; bright side is I got a Flash without realizing it until later, I didn't recognize him in grey.

The Flamenco set doll is missing an earring, not a major thing but a flaw all the same. These two things are one reason I wouldn't try to re-sell some of my purchases on eBay. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Just some more newBreyers.......

I've been reading in the Forums about Breyers at Tuesday Morning stores and went in for a look...Came out with the Spanish flamenco set. I see that Breyer has learned a lesson from the Jack Frost fiasco about stain prevention. The saddle pad on the Flamenco horse is colored... and there is a layer of plastic between it and the horse. I got the set for $49.99, it is going on ebay for $120.
    I was looking at the doll and thinking that with her hair being in a nice updo she'd be a good ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Got a 2nd Jack Frost, man what a difference!

This second one is New in Box. His tack smells New and seems to have a coating on the chain and other metal parts that keeps it from tarnishing. My first JF has tarnished tack; he was out of his box on display and is a much different shade, quite a bit yellower. The new JF is snowy white...with really bad red marks from his trappings. sigh. The paint on his toys feels sticky, like the metal tack parts, weird.
    Just goes to show that they really are different and not all identical. My ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Got my Jack Frost!

He isn't perfect but he'll do. He has the normal stains from the saddle bags and one ear is broken on a toy, but I'm not really after the costume.

Wonder how to clean the stains if it is even possible. Will go ask in the forums.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast