Dapple's Blog

General model stuff as it relates to my personal experiene and observations.

1. My first harness

After the rexcitement of finishing the harness the other day I went back and re-did parts of it that I fudged on. I re-made the strap that holds the blinkers apart and re made the hip straps. When I'm in a hurry I will improvise a quick fix. Usually I'll go back later and fix it.
    I went to Hobby Lobby to pick up some jump rings and 1/8 inch brown leather lacing and found they had narrower black and brown lace in stock. I made the harness out of 1/8 because that's all I had besides ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. New stuff

I finished my first harness using Susan Bensema Young's patterns and instructions from her book. I made the harness out of leather lacing and ribbon. I had to make a few modifications to the harness. I made a travois so the harness would sit mostly correct on the horse and give the straps something to mold to since I don't have a vehicle for it yet; that is waay beyond my skills.veraharness.jpg
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. My Friesian Conga..attempt to upload photo

freesie_conga.jpgWell, we'll give this a shot over dial-up speeds.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Weird harnesses

One of the other things I got from eBay was a harness. It is not put together correctly and is too big for its intended wearer. Feh. Now I have to actually break down and make a harness, I don't have a draft horse model that will fit and altering the harness will change its proportions, besides, its white and I want black..[thats what paint markers are for, right?]

I start cutting out pieces and find out I don't have the right width for certain pieces, that means a quick trip to ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Friesian grails

I was describing this hobby to my cousin last week and she clearly doesn't get it. She was more interested in my other hobby of Rennaisance history. I'm pretty burned out on that one and don't participate much any more.
    Anyway, I was showing my cousin some of my different Friesians and was telling her about the two I don't have yet: Lots of Spots and Jack Frost. I was saying that it might be awhile before I get LoS because it might be rare and rare usually means expensive.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast